Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm sure this has been said but mythic is not a new thing at all. Let's try this way:

MYTHIC IS HEROIC OF THE PAST

The heroic difficulty you want back IS mythic. The best part is that heroic difficulty was a fixed raid size as well, just a different one at 25 player. Arguably it was 25 OR 10 during Cataclysm and MoP but those are still just two different fixed sizes, furthermore the WoW community was constantly bickering at one another about which is harder. Flexible raids are good for what is called "Normal" now which was originally the "Flexible" difficulty below normal. They got EXPANDED to what is called "Heroic" now, but is actually what you've called "Normal" in your post.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    So, first, the last post in this thread was 18 days ago. This discussion wasn't really productive even from the start, why bother reviving an old thread?

Second, you've never had burnout issues because you've never been a hardcore raider. That's great for you. Most of the hardcore raiders do know self control, but they also make personal sacrifices to do what they do. That's their decision, and most often people quit because they end up in a position where they can't dedicate as much time. That's also fine. But, these personal sacrifices get greatly exaggerated the longer the "competition" goes on, and the post you are replying to was made in response to someone suggested there should be constant competition. The current problems with mythic raiding are not worth discussing in this thread, and have been discussed at length elsewhere.
    I raided in a heroic team back in wotlk/cata but then I stopped because college/gf. I know people find ways to balance it all though. Just because I can't mythic raid now doesn't mean I think they should remove it though. Mythic raiders should feel the same way about split runs/AP grinds. Some people find a way to do it all, some don't. The people who don't shouldn't ask that they remove it just because they can't. Burnout exists but it is the fault of the intense driving force from the world first community that ruins itself.

The people who do it clearly enjoy it and want to do it. Or they enjoy world first progression enough to endure it. Either way, if it is worth it to them then leave it how it is. That is why they do it.
    Last edited by Garybear; 2017-03-18 at 07:43 PM.