Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    March 16th cannot come sooner
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    So Goria is now officially on the center of known Draenor, gone because the draenei built Shattrath there.

Wow. More craziness
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Wow. More craziness
    I don't understand? what's crazy about it? and why more craziness? this implies the first volume was also crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So Goria is now officially on the center of known Draenor, gone because the draenei built Shattrath there.
    which makes me wonder if there are any hints to more of draenor than the one we know in the WoD map, same ofc for Azeroth. is that the whole world or are more places implied?

7+ Year Old Account
    • Born with physical weaknesses to clan on the edge of Gorgrond
    • Gul’dan’s twisted form see as ill omen, eventually exiled from clan
    • Clan elder took pity, told Gul’dan to seek out the Throne of the Elements
    • Gul’dan, spiteful and hateful, struggled to survive as he made way to Nagrand
    • Fell to his knees, pitiful and twisted, cried out to the elements for help
    • Elements sensed darkness in him, rejected him as had his clan
    • Sensing his abandonment and hoplessness, Kil’jaeden reached out to Gul’dan
    • Offered him power to seek vengeance in exchange for service to Legion
    • Gul’dan agreed, instructed in ways of fel magic, becomes first orc warlock
    So Harbingers movie now applies to MU Gul'dan too.

I for one, don't like these changes to Gul'dan. Now instead of being a sycophantic, power hungry opportunist, he's a legion mole from day one.
    I think that gives him less character agency and development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    where btw? as i can't find it.
    "• Anhari semi-resurrect Rukhmar but less powerful and intelligent"

Its under Return to Arak section

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I for one, don't like these changes to Gul'dan. Now instead of being a sycophantic, power hungry opportunist, he's a legion mole from day one.
    He is still a sycophantic power hungry opportunist, he felt intoxicated with the power of dominating the Furies.

• Ogres had cross-bred ogres and orcs to make up for dwindling numbers
    • Half-breeds called mok’nathal, strength of ogre, cunning of orcs
    Really makes me want sub-races, and want these to be available. I'm also glad the violent, warminded nature of the orcs isn't changed or retconned or contradicted, and it shows to highlight the exceptional capacity for growth in them as shadowmoon and frostwolf clans show me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The Draenei stuff is interesting. They benefited the most from WoD's lore, much more interesting race now.

He is still a sycophantic power hungry opportunist, he felt intoxicated with the power of dominating the Furies.
    exactly, they seldom change anyone, they just give more informaiton sometimes re-steering the original direction. which they are entitled to do and should at least be commended for making the effor to maintain as much of the original integrity instead of just outright blatantly changing it.

Yeah but none of his motivations or plotting calculations are really from him now; he's always a Legion stooge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The Draenei stuff is interesting. They benefited the most from WoD's lore, much more interesting race now.
    yes, they were by far the more mysterious race, as the vast majority of exposure has been on the orcs, so we get a lot of filling in on the draenei. Which is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Yeah but none of his motivations or plotting calculations are really from him now; he's always a Legion stooge.
    To be fair, they never were, Kil'jaeden was there all the time. Before, Gul'dan was just a shaman apprentice that learned about the Beautiful One and learned everything from him, doing the Legion's bidding. Now, he is the manipulator that forced all the events that led to the war against the Draenei and the creation of the Horde. If anything, the Chronicles' Gul'dan is a bigger piece for the entire story than the WC2 Gul'dan ever was.

On the other hand, poor Ner'zhul. The torturing part is new.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-03-05 at 04:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Most excited to see the destruction of Ner'zhul. From well respected Shaman, to old man weeping realizing what was really happening, to deciding he would be the bad guy because it beat dying, and then finally becoming one of the most evil characters in WoW.

I also want to see what they do with Grom if anything? Will Grom continue to hate himself for letting his wife die, or will baby Garrosh kinda take that pain away, or will he abandon garrosh sooner than thought because it reminds him too much of his wife?

Or will they not do anything, is what im guessing.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-03-05 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So... Gul'dan tortured and beat Ner'zhul like a slave after usurping the clan. Pretty dark.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Anybody else struggled to make it through this? Draenor is so fucking boring and ultimately irrelevant except for the Orcs.
    I like the arakkoa and I like to know more about them the first great civilization of dreanor of real natives of draenor

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It looks like large portions of "Rise of the Horde" are now clearly retconned with Gul'dan's origin having been changed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    This actually explains why Ner'zhul was such a good person (Even if a coward) in Rise of the Horde, but became a total dick. He tattooed a skull on his face. And in his clan, that means he contacted the void. That's why he was a dark shaman. The Lich King might actually be somehow void-based...
    I always theorised, and Dawn of the Aspects sort of lent credence to the theory, that the reason the Lich King went rogue was mostly due to Old God (Yogg-Saron) influence. It always seemed so disjointed that we'd fight the "Old God of Death" and then the "Champion of Death" all at once. There's so many links between Saronite and Icecrown and the Nerubians (who we can assume defected to worshipping Yogg-Saron over C'thun) and Galakrond to not have directly addressed it in Wrath. I think Chronicle Volume 3 (which should reach up to Cataclysm) will probably tie some of those loose threads from Wrath together.

But yes, I believe, the Lich King is as much a product of Void energies as Fel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    I always theorised, and Dawn of the Aspects sort of lent credence to the theory, that the reason the Lich King went rogue was mostly due to Old God (Yogg-Saron) influence. It always seemed so disjointed that we'd fight the "Old God of Death" and then the "Champion of Death" all at once. There's so many links between Saronite and Icecrown and the Nerubians (who we can assume defected to worshipping Yogg-Saron over C'thun) and Galakrond to not have directly addressed it in Wrath. I think Chronicle Volume 3 (which should reach up to Cataclysm) will probably tie some of those loose threads from Wrath together.

But yes, I believe, the Lich King is as much a product of Void energies as Fel.
    The Devs are on record as saying that there were definite connections between the Lich King and Yogg-Saron, and that those connections were not fleshed out at all during the in-game content of WotLK. Hopefully "Chronicles Vol. 3" will go more in-depth toward explaining what they meant - and whether Yogg-Saron influenced the Lich King's actions to a degree, and if that influence is somehow active still today.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    So Kil'jaeden is the one that stops Gul'dan of becoming Warchief. Interesting.

Blackhand, impressed, ordered his sons Dal’rend and Maim to be enhanced
    Nice touch, Blizzard used the weapons' name for Rend's name. Too bad Maim is still Maim.

And Garona is a child of one of the Bladewind raiders that kidnapped Maraad's sister.

• Ensorcelled by dark power, Garona becomes assassin for Council
    • Cho’gall, as two-headed ogre, seen as omen of good fortune
    • Lived in privilege in Highmaul, tutored by powerful ogre sorcerers
    • Gained following among common ogres but hated by the aristocracy
    • Fearing rebellion, nobles tried to assassinate Cho’gall, who fled Highmaul
    Be right back, creating a fanfiction where Kairoz recruited a ressurected Cho'gall instead of Garrosh.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-03-05 at 04:55 PM.