10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Horrible horrible PR
    Never stopped Jerry before, and Kaep said he was gonna cut that shit out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Never stopped Jerry before, and Kaep said he was gonna cut that shit out.
    Mmmm, he still wont. Jerry is a master business guy, and he knows that they'll likely be a sizeable drop in revenue if he picks up a guy who is antithesis ot what Dallas is, and a year really is still a bit soon. He's also on record saying he is not ok with the stuff Kaep did.

Not that I really care what Kaep did, just wouldnt be compatible here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am inclined to believe that Kaep's problem is related to contract because I already know he is a naive idiot.

He thought that his actions would raise awareness for something and not make him look like a self-important jackass who hates america, whoops...
    His decision making process is terrible, he is probably still making terrible decisions.

It is also true that collusion in the NFL is a very real thing and I've already seen the Cowboys take advantage of it by signing La'el Collins so there is some logic in thinking they would do it again. I was interested to see the Raiders buck the trend as well in their draft selection and I wonder if it will ruin them or reward them.

If Kaep wants starter money, I can see that being the reason a team wouldn't want him. Honestly impossible to know with how sports media is now.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Oh shit, ACTUAL football news......but it's bad news.

Shaq Barrett, Broncos Edge defender hurt his hip and is out 2 to 3 months, and possibly more. That possibly more seems to have to do with if he needs surgery to correct the issue or not. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-injuring-hip/
    Vance Joseph said he should be back by camp, so mostly just means he other back-ups will get more snaps in the offseason. Pretty deep at OLB, even with Ware gone too. Might end up seeing a lot of Dora the backfield Explorer in preseason games again at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Vance Joseph said he should be back by camp, so mostly just means he other back-ups will get more snaps in the offseason. Pretty deep at OLB, even with Ware gone too. Might end up seeing a lot of Dora the backfield Explorer in preseason games again at least.
    Love his nickname, I hope to see him play just for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Honestly impossible to know with how sports media is now.
    Speaking of which, John Clayton was part of the ESPN layoffs a while back. Dumb move. One of the better guys at ESPN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Tirico is taking over Thursday duties from Al Michaels. Should have done this last year, but whatever, glad they are finally thinking about Michaels health and saving him for the Sunday nights.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ight-football/

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting trade today. Jets send S Calvin Pryor (former first rounder) to the Browns in return for LB Demario Davis.

Browns accumilation of athletes continues.

Bloody hell, we got four people with injuries today. Campanaro got a sprained toe, Tavon young got a knee injury, Sheldon Price may have a concussion and Carl Davis have a strained pectoral.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with people referring to their team as "we" except that I frequently don't know what team is being talked about.

I don't have a problem with people referring to their team as "we" except that I frequently don't know what team is being talked about.
    Sorry, I'm talking about the Ravens when I say "we"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Tavon young got a knee injury
    Torn ACL as it turns out. WTF are they doing with the Ravens DB's that they always get hurt the passed few years?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tore-his-acl/

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I make sure there is no doubt. Maybe with all the fancy info in the OP we can someday get a list of frequent posters plus their home team(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    If people dont know who my team is despite Dak being bae, shame on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Thats why I make sure there is no doubt. Maybe with all the fancy info in the OP we can someday get a list of frequent posters plus their home team(s)
    Yeah, we vaguely discussed it in the old thread as an option. I don't mind adding it to the OP, but 1) I'd only add the people that want to be in there, so it might not help all the time and 2) you would still have to surf to the front, look up what team someone supports, then get back and read the comment.

All in all it's probably easier if people just mention in their posts what team it is (if it;s not obvious names, like JJ Watt) OR do what some of us do and have an avatar or signature indication of what team they follow (or even just a location, since if you support the local team then it's usually easy to figure out).

Again though, if people want that list in the OP, then just let me now in the comments here (including team name) and I'll add them to the first post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its easier during the season when we're discussing things more, but this time of year I forget who whats what unless they're as obnoxious about it as I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks this guy is gonna bomb hard? https://twitter.com/takk/status/870319043177086977

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this guy is gonna bomb hard? https://twitter.com/takk/status/870319043177086977
    I am biased, I want his whole team to fail at everything forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    With any rookie you can pretty much say "this guy is going to bomb" and you'll be right more than 50% of the time. I don't think there's anything in particular about Takk that makes me think he won't make it. If he can translate some of his fieryness into competitive fire to get better, day to day, then he should have a career.

About something else: I watched Packers-Cards from '09 playoffs (very fun game), watched Seahawks-Colts (fun to see the familiar themes for both teams that displayed in both excellence and when they suck i.e. Seahawks O-line being ass and Wilson's awesome scrambling and Colts living and dying by their recievers getting open for and catching long bombs (or getting penalties on them) and Luck constantly taking hits.)

Finally I watched Vikings-Saints from '09 playoffs (I subbed that in on Apepi's suggestion instead of the other Saints games draynay had suggested. Playoffs seemed more fun and I didn't want to watch 2 Saints games in a row). After watching it though, what a ridiculous game that was. There's so many layers to it, so many things that could have gone one way or the other, sooooooo many turnovers.

I watched that game when it happened and came away feeling that the right team had won (I was supporting the Saints against The Traitor Favre back then) btu watching the game now, with far more football knowledge then I had back then, honestly, the Saints had no business being in that game. And yet, every time they really, really, REALLY needed a play, someone came up with one.

Every time the Vikings went deep in to Saints territory they forced a turnover. Every time the Saints desperately needed those few yards they managed to get them or force the penalty. Much like the Patriots-Falcons Superbowl, the Saints did exactly enough to win the game, and pretty much not a single thing could have gone against them or they would have lost.

In the end it was an interesting game to watch again since I'd learned so much since then and since it was kind of logged in my memory that the Saints played a better game then the Vikings when in reality they really didn't, and for the historical implications of the Superbowl that followed (Saints first, Manning's big failure, Brees entering the ranks of the undisputed greats of this generation (also cause of the implications later with stupid Bounty-gate that started with the moaning about Favre and how often he was hit) but it definitely wasn't a "good" game in terms of play quality (fumbles are a bit too fluky for me to consider them good defense).

So, thanks for the suggestions for these games! I'm open for others, cause it's still some 3 weeks till Tomb of Sargeras and some 6 weeks or so till Training Camp and I could definitely do with the entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought immediately after posting, if you guys don't have any fun games to share, I think I'll watch the Superbowls from the past few years. Probably starting with '09, '10 and then '12 through '16 (they canceled the Superbowl in '11, darndest thing).

(Seriously, not watching '11 again. I saw a clip of Welker failing to catch the pass that would have sealed the game for us a week or 2 ago, and my irrational hatred for him at that moment flared again. I have no clue how I'd handle having to watch Manning and Manningham go at it again to secure the Giants final drive, just YUCK)

10+ Year Old Account
    The games I posted still stand. Another fun one would be 2011 packers @ giants regular season game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the 2015 Packers - Cardinals divisional round mainly because of how insane Fitzgerald is. Another one that comes to mind is 2013 Broncos - Cowboys when Romo was in his prime. Big shootout though.