Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Because the majority of jobs are in small businesses. And you don't really call the guy owning the grocery down the street "rich"
    "Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs and 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s" Source
    You're basically arguing business health is more important a person's health.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So if the business is so small and so poor that it can't provide its employees health insurance... How exactly are you expecting said employees to afford their own insurance?
    I'll never understand the logic behind sympathizing with the "poor small business owner."

If your business isn't making money, and you can't afford to pay your employees a fair wage and provide them with adequate benefits, then perhaps you should close it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'll never understand the logic behind sympathizing with the "poor small business owner."

If your business isn't making money, and you can't afford to pay your employees a fair wage and provide them with adequate benefits, then perhaps you should close it.
    Also, correct me if I am wrong because I haven't had a chance to verify this fact, I have heard that the requirements to the businesses don't start up until you are employing 50 people or more at which point I really wouldn't consider them a "Small business" at that point.

Also, if everyone is required to do it anyways, you don't really lose any competitive edge against the others.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If you want the medicine, then pay for it. You arent entitled to anything just because you exist. Buy prescription insurance or go buy it in Mexico where its cheap and no prescription is needed, or import it from Canada
    Ever heard of unalienable rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have heard that the requirements to the businesses don't start up until you are employing 50 people
    That's when mandating insurance began, yes. That's still pretty small, in the grand scheme of things.

The requirements on businesses is completely unnecessary. Other than construction companies I don't see why employers would need to provide health coverage for their employees.

I don't know if its been said in here (not reading 28 pages) but here is how legislation works in the United States Congress.

1. The House presents a bill.
    2. The Senate presents a completely different version of the same bill.
    3. They both pass different versions.
    4. Now it goes into the reconciliation process where ideas get thrown out and new ones added.
    5. Then it passes congress.
    6. Now it goes to the President who may veto.

We're at step 1. We don't really know what we're getting.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You're basically arguing business health is more important a person's health.
    I did not argue about anything. I was replying to the guy that asked why they are called "Job Makers" and they are not called "Rich"
    and my answer was that most "job makers" are small business and not rich people. With a source.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I did not argue about anything. I was replying to the guy that asked why they are called "Job Makers" and they are not called "Rich"
    and my answer was that most "job makers" are small business and not rich people. With a source.
    That's fair. I completely misinterpreted your post. I apologize.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Vox just put out a video on the health care bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4dNH-Nb2Ow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    The requirements on businesses is completely unnecessary. Other than construction companies I don't see why employers would need to provide health coverage for their employees.
    because it leads to healthier more productive employees?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.

Pretty clear cut to me.

Which, by the way, "welfare" in this context is "the health, happiness, and fortunes of a person or group."
    General welfare as was understood when that was written didnt mean a monetary handout for poor and lazy people, it was a general term meant to describe a safe and secure condition for the citizens of the nation. Which is why it was mentioned along with defense.

It didnt say government shlal have the power to tax people who work and give the money to those who dont work enough so that they may have a comfortable life

General welfare as was understood when that was written didnt mean a monetary handout for poor and lazy people, it was a general term meant to describe a safe and secure condition for the citizens of the nation.
    Which is precisely what Annoying said. He specifically defined welfare so you wouldn't think he meant the Welfare System. Of course you failed at that.

Your job is to now explain how medical services doesn't coincide with "a safe and secure condition for the citizens of the nation".

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It was a relic of post WW2 employee shortages. Companies started pooling together money for health costs, and used that as an incentive to entice employees to join the company. Then healthcare started getting expensive and independent insurance companies popped up that allowed larger amounts of people in the pools to balance it out. Then those companies lobbied to make it mandatory that insurance companies be independent from the companies that used to offer their own insurance.

Thus the situation we're in now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Which is precisely what Annoying said. He specifically defined welfare so you wouldn't think he meant the Welfare System. Of course you failed at that.

Your job is to now explain how medical services doesn't coincide with "a safe and secure condition for the citizens of the nation".
    I wasnt talking about individual citizens but the citizens as a collective. No because the way that the safe and secure nation is achieved is through defense which is why the actual clause is:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power to lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States.
    Nothing about individual citizens is even mentioned

Deleted
    I love the name it was given.
    H.R1275 Worlds greatest healthcare Plan of 2017.

Sounds like something from Tropico that Penultimo would call a edict.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post

I was just about to mention this. That's clearly Trump's personal (and only) contribution to the bill. "All right, I'll sign it, but we call it the Trumpapalooza Tremendous Really Amazing World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017." "Mr. President, that's completely retar- I mean, too long." "All right, just the World's Greatest, then."

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post

That's an entirely different bill AFAIK.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...source=copyurl

But the difference is I choose to pay for insurance, and Im only chipping in with other people who also chose to buy insurance. Im not paying for people who paid nothing into the pot and only take from it, nor am I aying to support people who bought insurance through another company

- - - Updated - - -

Because taxes arent supposed to be used for healthcare. They are supposed to be used for national defense, infrastructure, and law enforcement

No matter how many times you say it, it won't make it true.
    Taxes can be used for the general welfare of the united states. this includes keeping its citizens healthy which will help protect the country.

General welfare as was understood when that was written didnt mean a monetary handout for poor and lazy people, it was a general term meant to describe a safe and secure condition for the citizens of the nation. Which is why it was mentioned along with defense.

It didnt say government shlal have the power to tax people who work and give the money to those who dont work enough so that they may have a comfortable life
    it never said the govt can tax people for roads either. Or education. Or medicare. Or social security. Or EPA. Or FDA. etc etc etc

that is general welfare of the united states. The united states not being a separate entity, but the people whom make up the united states.

Under the proposed new law, the health insurance (Silver or better) monthly premium for a couple (60 years or older) will be the same as the mortgage payment on a $600,000 loan (30 year) at 3.5% interest rate. At least till they reach 65 when they qualify for Medical. Mind boggling.