Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Arena World Championship 2017, Legion PvP Season Ending Soon

WoW Arena World Championship 2017 - Win Big!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft esports is leveling up! This year we’re bringing you more ways to participate, more teams, and more live action for everyone watching at home. So if you have a competitive bone in your body (and who doesn’t?), read on for an overview of the exciting changes. There are many ways you, your team, and your community can get involved.

But first, a quick—and epic—reminder of what you can expect. . . .

More Teams, More Action
    This year, there’ll be more opportunities to prove your teams’ prowess on the world stage:

• Extra qualifier cups in North America and Europe, giving more teams the chance to shine.
    • Open signups: you don’t need an Arena rating to sign on the dotted line. What’s stopping you?
    • The top eight teams will be broadcast live, giving your team the chance to show off epic skills and the audience good reason to cheer on the teams they’re passionate about.
    • Prize pool of $6,000. Each. Pretty sweet. *nods*

Points Win Prizes: How to Qualify
    To advance, teams can earn points through a variety of events:

• Online Arena Cups award points to the top teams, so the teams with the most points qualify to their regional LAN event.
    • Teams can sign up to compete in as many cups in their region as they want. Go, go, go!
    • Approved community-run events can also award points—so what better reason to encourage your community to get involved? The more points you have, the more chance you have of qualifying. Simple as that.

How Points Are Awarded

Note that points are earned by teams, not individuals, so leaving your team means leaving some of your points behind. Safety in numbers, friends!

The Road to the World Championship Finals

Regional Championship Events—Claim Your Crown!
    • 12 teams for NA and EU—up from 8 last year.
    • All regional events are LAN-based, with teams competing in person.

The WoW Arena World Championship Finals
    • 12 teams—up from 8 last year.
    • Latin America now has a dedicated spot and China will be represented by a second team—get your game on, wherever you are.

Join us!
    Not looking to participate but want to follow the action? We’ll be updating you soon on when and how you can catch the epic battles, so you can follow your favorite team along the glorious road to the WoW Arena World Championship Finals. Up for the challenge? Keep your eyes peeled for event announcement and rules in the coming weeks.

Good luck, heroes!

Legion PvP Season Ending Soon
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Attention Arena and Battleground competitors! Legion PvP Season 2 is coming to a close soon. Once ended, the battle will begin again a few hours after, when Legion PvP Season 3 begins!

Season 2 – End of Season Rewards
    If you participated in Season 2, in order to ensure you receive the rewards that you’re due, please keep the following in mind:

• Refrain from transferring your character(s) to another realm or faction until after Legion Season 1 has ended.
    • Legion Season 2 titles and mounts will be awarded approximately two weeks after the season ends.

Season 3 Updates
    With Legion Season 3, the maximum number of times you can Prestige will increase from 9 to 13.

Faction-based Rewards
    Don’t forget—end-of-season rewards are based on your faction. The top 0.5% of Alliance PvPers will be awarded the Gladiator: Legion Season 2 achievement and mount, and the same will go to the top 0.5% of Horde PvPers. If you transfer your character to the other faction, you must have 50 wins after your transfer to receive the reward.

Where will you rank at the end of this season?
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-03-09 at 08:36 PM.

WoW esports lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    WoW esports lol.
    esports lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post
    esports lol
    lol

/10char

Are people really interested in that stuff? Pvp in WoW always felt kinda boring.

Deleted
    Well those 3 look right twats.

Does that mean 7.2 is coming with season 2 end as well? I know since Legion they're not connected anymore, but i swear i saw in some patch notes that s3 is going to beging with 7.2, could be misinformation.

Im actually excited for that. Lots of tournaments incoming. Can't wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dhpoolie View Post
    Well those 3 look right twats.
    It's the hair. Get a buzz, get a job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    It's the hair. Get a buzz, get a job!
    Indeed! ! !

Deleted
    i always found wow esports fascinating and with great potential , but blizzard never gave a damn about it . It's funny that now that WoW is declining it tries to revive it + $6000 prize pool ... that's a joke.

theyre gonna show this embarassment thats legion 'pvp' in front of ppl who are thinking of playing this game

rofl

Yeah I'm sure tens of thousands will tune into hours of pillarhumping.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    How much do they cost to boost me and what site&company is their broker?

Deleted
    Why don't they just move to another Esport game where the gaming world might give a damn about them? Feel sorry for them, the wow pvp community are hammering in the the final nails in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    Does that mean 7.2 is coming with season 2 end as well? I know since Legion they're not connected anymore, but i swear i saw in some patch notes that s3 is going to beging with 7.2, could be misinformation.
    Yes, check the interview they had today.

WoW PvP was sort of doa as an esport, because it's so unwatchable. It's incredibly difficult for spectators to figure out what is actually going on, and distinguishing nuances is next to impossible. Without spectators, it will never be able to compete with any of the alternatives.

how much to get carried on one of these

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    prize pool of $6,000. Each. Pretty sweet. *nods*
    bahahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahha.

Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    They would have to, unless they plan to rehash a third season with the same set.