Advice on legendary choice and how good they are

I just got my second legendary, Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar, from reading the guide on here I assume I stick with Channel Demonfire as my talent choice for ST and AoE? Does my rotation change at all? As in do I now have to use Havoc on CD even on ST fights?

Is it a good legendary? My first legendary was Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus so if I was to get the absolute best legendary next which of my current two should I stop using?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Stick with Channel Demonfire yeah, even using Wreak Havoc on single target and keeping it up 100% of the time is still a minor DPS loss than if you stuck with CDF.

The legendary itself won't make much of a difference in terms of playstyle, however using Havoc right before minor burst windows (eg: 2-3 Chaos Bolts with Soul Harvest/trinket proc) will yield you a small DPS increase but it's pretty insignificant all things considered. The cloak acts as more of a stat stick on single target.

Prydaz is actually very nice for Destro and isn't something to scoff at. Only things that beat it in terms of pure DPS are the Shoulders, Belt and Trinket (and Demo Bracers). So 100% you'd replace the Cloak over Prydaz.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, that is exactly what I wanted to know Fingers crossed for one of the BIS ones next time!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Thanks for the detailed explanation, that is exactly what I wanted to know Fingers crossed for one of the BIS ones next time!
    I have the cloak, bracers, and Prydaz. No question you keep Prydaz. Prydaz is underrated, especially by dps whores. Prydaz is downright OP on progression. Couple that with Demon Skin and you can literally ignore some boss mechanics. And when you don't even have to move sometimes, that a bonus to your dps. Prydaz is simply sick in real world raid environments. The cloak sucks ass in comparison.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tried using the cloak. Had Feretory, so i took out Prydaz for it. Used Wreak Havoc on EVERY fight in NH that had adds and while they weren't up, i used it on the boss (Never took it on Trilliax & Krosus, did some tries on Augur with both choices, SC and WH). I wasn't thrilled neither with the playstyle, nor with the results. If you take ILT, it's 2 maintenance buffs. If you take eradication, it complicates the rotation, because you want it up before CB lands to apply or renew the eradication debuff. Keep using the cloak as your 2nd legendary atm. Try to play with Wreak Havoc for all bosses on a raid reset and keep it on single target and see the results for yourself. You might be better than me on handling the 2 maintenance buffs. But at any moment, if you get belt or shoulders, bank it. Also portal legs, because their stats are much better than the cloak's and you can keep playing normally, without the hassle.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2017-03-22 at 03:05 PM.