Regarding mythic NH tanking

I am looking to start tanking in mythic NH as a pally and I have question regarding tanking the content. Assuming that you and the people you play with play perfectly (also let's assume each one of these people has achieved the minimum everything required to down Gul'dan), how many artifact traits are required to viably tank each boss?
    Last edited by spongebobsquarepants; 2017-03-20 at 04:01 PM.

Mythic? 54.

Augur and after has been confirmed to be tuned for 54. Paladins aren't a magical unicorn tank like bears, so they need all the survivability, damage and stamina they can get from their traits.
    Entering mythic? 45+.

You a bear? 0 kappa

Deleted
    Recently started to tank M nighthold on my pally because blood is broken and shit tier for guldan and elisande (or any other fight tbh). So far with 48 traits 892 gear (2pc tier, leggos= legs+chain of thrayn) i had no problem, done 7/10 MM on pally (We use a druid to solotank Augur); Worst fight probably being Tichondrius because i soaked 6 seekers on my blood; this was incredibly difficult on the pally because of the HP pool and lack of good magic reductions outside of SotR.
    Last edited by mmocc0105de390; 2017-03-20 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Nurfed (World Top 100, and a guild I reespect very much) asked for 40 traits for the start of progression. Later fights are tuned aroung 54, so you should aim at 54 for the later ones.

As a paladin, your HP is lower compared to other tanks. I'd say you can comfortably do the first 3 at like 43-45 traits. Once you get to Krosus and others, I definitely recommend you get 50 at least. Don't bother doing Star Augur without everyone at 54. Despite what other morons on this board will tell you, Augur is definitely tuned for the majority if your raid to be at 54.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Nurfed (World Top 100, and a guild I reespect very much) asked for 40 traits for the start of progression. Later fights are tuned aroung 54, so you should aim at 54 for the later ones.
    you mean the guild filled with blizz employees Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Mythic? 54.

Augur and after has been confirmed to be tuned for 54. Paladins aren't a magical unicorn tank like bears, so they need all the survivability, damage and stamina they can get from their traits.
    Entering mythic? 45+.
    Was solotanking Augur M on pally with 47art 3 times in a row. Not a big deal tbh
    4th time our bear was soloing him. My damage taken was lower that his.
    The only struggle is green phase for several reasons

Quote Originally Posted by versuslol View Post
    Was solotanking Augur M on pally with 47art 3 times in a row. Not a big deal tbh
    4th time our bear was soloing him. My damage taken was lower that his.
    The only struggle is green phase for several reasons
    Sure, but he's just entering mythic. He's not a very experienced or good player. People get around doing bosses with less traits due to level of skill. Suffice to say if he even has to ask the question here on forums, he needs to be in the high end trait-wise, not the low end.
    Also, damage taken on Augur is almost purely magical, meaning the extra traits do nothing to reduce damage taken - they just give you more damage (to meet the enrage) and more HP (to better soak the damage), so it's a super bad example to use as a "I took less damage than this other tank!". Fights tuned around 54, doesn't mean good players can't do it with less, but OP's "bad" enough to need to ask this question, ergo he needs as high as he can get.