Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Huh? There is no prep, travel, or porting for random heroics, and it's not the same dungeon it's random... world quests are the ones with travel times
    Prep = sitting in queue and waiting (not everyone will be instant), porting is the loading screens in and out, food, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Prep = sitting in queue and waiting (not everyone will be instant), porting is the loading screens in and out, food, etc.
    5 man pre-made, SSD, you don't eat food for Random Heroics. Your downtime is literally 3 seconds between each dungeon for people to click the ready check that says they are ready. Random Heroics with a group that is dedicated to farming AP is miles quicker than WQ's will be when they are the Mage Tower Buff.

Even then, I would prefer if they made the WQ AP reward proportional to the WQ (i.e. the value that the world quest would give if it was supposed to be AP) rather than 2x or 3x that value (which is the current situation with the Dungeon AP reward being too high).

Hotfixed? just did 2 dungeons and noone got any tomes at all, total of 9 bossees.

Anecdotally, feels like they nerfed the drop rate by 50%. Meaning current drop rate is ~20-25% versus the ~50% it was this morning. Blizzard obviously recognizing something was wrong.

Edit* Might even be worse than that. We haven't seen a tome in a 2 dungeons.

This was definitely hotfixed. We received no tomes in multiple heroic runs.

8 dungeons, 2 books. 2 of the dungeons were done before the supposed nerf went out. Basically I just have shit luck and they made it even worse lmao

Well I made off with 30-40 million AP. FeelsGoodMan

Think it was definitely just hotfixed. No one in my group got a single one over 2 dungeons.

did 42M spamming heroics and got only 1 tome in the last 3 dungeons... they nerfed the drop rate from 50% to 10%

nice and fair towards EU, good job blizzard

I hate how people with either different work schedules or just no life at all get to benefit from things like this while the rest of us plebs who work 9-5 get fucked by the time we get home. Love Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKongor View Post
    nice and fair towards EU, good job blizzard
    literally the only reason i logged in and took a break from final fantasy 14. gg bliz
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

did all the mythic 0's got about 30mil, tried heroics first one dropped normal and the next 3 dropped like 1 total for the group.

this got nerfed hard with a bat to the knees.

sorry EU bros

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    It's very frustrating and not very fun. As soon as the Mage Tower is active the best way to get AP is by spamming Random Heroics in a premade group. This method gives you upwards of 6-8 million per hour (~ 2 or 3x better than farming M+).

Mage Token is ~50% drop rate for 520k AP (AK 27) from every single boss in Heroic with no diminishing returns (i.e. repeatable endlessly and doesn't require a key). Whereas the Mage Token can only drop from the chest containing AP on M+ (1 possible drop).

A solution would be to not give a static value to the token. Instead, make the Mage Token duplicate whatever token dropped from a boss. This would make M+ viable again for farming and completely eliminate the Heroic farm spamming (Heroic boss tokens are only 70k @AK27).
    Already been nerfed lol.

Well glad to know people complaining about the 1-10% who would take advantage of this got it basically nerfed and useless for everyone else. Was going to spam timewalking tomorrow on all my alts, but glad to know out of doing 20 or so dungeons I might only see 1, ugh.

Well glad to know people complaining about the 1-10% who would take advantage of this got it basically nerfed and useless for everyone else. Was going to spam timewalking tomorrow on all my alts, but glad to know out of doing 20 or so dungeons I might only see 1, ugh.
    Glad to see that this got fixed for the 1-10% that it actually matters for. Whereas the 99-90%, where the bonus AP doesn't matter at all and wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't brought to their attention, aren't affected at all. Ugh!

Glad to see that this got fixed for the 1-10% that it actually matters for. Whereas the 99-90%, where the bonus AP doesn't matter at all and wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't brought to their attention aren't affected at all, ugh.
    Wait....so now only the ones who raid Mythic raids matter? Is that what you are saying? If so, I'm just gonna shake my head and walk away because of how bad that is.

Wait....so now only the ones who raid Mythic raids matter? Is that what you are saying? If so, I'm just gonna shake my head and walk away because of how bad that is.
    The only ones who would abuse and/or need this level of AP farm are Mythic raiders. More AP for casual players literally means nothing. Sure it's a nice bonus and cool to get, but it literally does nothing for them. While it actually matters for Mythic raiders.

The only ones who would abuse and/or need this level of AP farm are Mythic raiders. More AP for casual players literally means nothing. Sure it's a nice bonus and cool to get, but it literally does nothing for them. While it actually matters for Mythic raiders.
    Yeah, just gotta shake my head. Especially at the bolded part. Just because you think it does nothing for them, it really does since it's all power increases.

Yeah, just gotta shake my head. Especially at the bolded part. Just because you think it does nothing for them, it really does since it's all power increases.
    You're right. I can not possibly argue that AP literally does nothing for them. AP obviously does something and I didn't mean to say it that way. I should have phrased it as.

The change that Blizzard made is a huge quality of life improvement for the 1-10% that would have abused the broken system. The change that Blizzard made has literally no effect on the amount of AP that the casual 99-90% player would farm in a given timeframe and therefore this change has literally no effect on those casual players. Those casual players may read about this change and whine about it not realizing that it's effect is literally non-existent given how they play the game.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-04-04 at 12:32 AM.