Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Nope, there is no scaling.
    Crap! I was hoping this wasn't going to need raid gear. My computer just can't handle raids these days. Guess that's even more appearances cordoned off for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to try it tonight as balance! Seems like a really nice solo challenge

I finished it at 891 ilvl with the ring. I can say without a doubt there's no way I could have done it without it. If I had 910+ I probably would have tried it without the ring for the challenge. I will say it took me quite a few tries and a decent amount of money in consumables.

The build I ran was WiA/AC/MC/SL/BR/GoSup/SE and I used the infernal to tank P1 (doesn't always work whether you don't hit the mob initially or you do). I completely forgot to use cripple on my final attempt. My tips are to make sure to tank him in P1 a decent distance from the inner circle with the caster and always kite him around the inner circle to avoid putting those purple slow puddles down in the middle. I found it a lot easier to handle portals and runes without having to run all the way around. Also, if you do have the ring I highly recommend to use absolute corruption as you can just make sure you seed the add packs and forget about them. Corruption will kill them over time. Calm down, breathe, and focus on what's important; the twins, portals, and runes. I know there will be a lot of red bars with the add packs, but try not to focus on them.

I enjoyed the challenge as I did the green fire quest when I was a 490 ilvl. Grats to those that have it and good luck to those trying for it.

Can't post links, but Drezriel on Lightbringer if anyone is curious.
    Last edited by Drez; 2017-04-06 at 03:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouterm View Post
    This was disappointingly easy as a 910 equipped balance druid. Maybe the other challenges will be more of an actual challenge. Or maybe i should try this one on my affli lock
    Gratz fellow Boomy! It was quite the challenge for me with 889 equipped! Skin looks cool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    This is how I did it as a shadow priest:

Phase 1:
    • Kite the Boss around the outer part of the platform to prevent his slow fields from stacking up in the other phases.
    • If they proc, use your tentacles for getting some distance to the boss, while he is slowed.
    • Play better safe than sorry and do not risk getting hit, like I did multiple attempts. It is not always possible to bring the cast through.
    • Sometimes Mind Flay is the better option.

Phase 2:
    • Go ham on the caster, while trying to stack his adds.
    • Those adds are a great source of insanity if Mind Flay cleaves into them.
    • Also place your DoTs on an add every now and then, for fishing insanity (set bonus and spirits) and ToF.

Phase 2.5:
    • When the Melee is active again, try to stack him up with those adds, that a Mind Bomb can stun them all.
    • Mind Bomb and those hands have the same spawntimer/cooldown. Pair them, to get a few seconds to nuke them asap.
    • Since every 30 seconds those hands spawn, you can only interrupt every second of them. Dispersion or the absorb neck legendary are your friends.

Phase 3:
    • Same as phase 2, try to gather those adds, while playing the hands and letting the boss tick down on your DoTs.
    • If a rune spawns, you better soak it, otherwise a nasty add spawns. So watch out for your kite path.

Phase 3.5:
    • Try to bring the melee boss back into that pack of adds, and keep him also dotted.
    • Your main target is the caster, if he dies, you have won.

Here is the video of it: (It may take a bit of time, since I am uploading it, whlie writing)

Here is also the talents I used: http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CbZX
    I found the Mindbender in this case superior, since it will deal its damage, regardless, if you are busy running.
    any chance you can link your wa for this scenario ?

Deleted
    yipz did the affli one without sacrolash

For lower item level hunters out there who can't get the boss down to 50% in the first phase for burst strategy, take Careful Aim as your first talent instead of Lone wolf.
    Actually makes the encounter friendlier, but slightly more drawn out.

Use your pet to soak the runes by placing on Passive and Move To the runes location.
    This allows you to continue kiting while either attacking the hands, or Raest with little to no worry.

Also use this macro (should use with any build/strat)
    /Tar Karam
    /cast Concussive Shot
    /targetlasttarget

Casting this on CD makes kiting Karam a joke and you can focus on running in circles damaging/interrupting hands and Raest.

TIP to dps hands without kiting, use Ice Trap on Karam. Its a shorter duration, but creates some breathing room to burn the hand down. Should be up for nearly every spawn.

If for whatever reason you miss a rune, Ice Trap will lock the Nightmare down for the full duration. Just be careful with AOE. n

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    yipz did the affli one without sacrolash
    But with Sephuz + mortal coil

Quote Originally Posted by Miino View Post
    any chance you can link your wa for this scenario ?
    Good morning everybody.

Here are the WeakAuras that I used for the challenge:

(click image for the link)

I have to say, that I am a bit surprised that the video got to the front, so it would be nice, if the auras can also be included as a help for some people.

I managed to finish this just now before the tower went down. I only killed Raest and everything else despawned.

Shadow Priest with sephuz/prydaz, 1211221 talents at 904 ilvl equipped with 42 traits. My biggest sticking point was the p2 to p3 transition. I usually had too many little adds up and was not able to stand still and dps Raest enough before he spawned the first rune. To fix that, i began prioritizing the adds more during p2 so that they would all die before i got Karem down to 35% and pushed the phase.

When I finally got a clean 2-> 3 transition, I got the kill before the 2nd rune after using shadowfiend, drums, and a prolonged power. With prydaz, silence, disperse, you can ignore the hand in p3 completely as long as you kill Raest before you're out of cooldowns.

This challenge was one of the more rewarding things I've done in WoW for quite some time. I really do not care about the skin. In fact, I don't even transmog. I only wanted to prove to myself that I could do it the first tower. Good luck tonight for everyone else trying. Best of luck during future towers!

10+ Year Old Account
    The hands seem to spawn waaaaaaay on the outskirts of the platform for me and I die before I can run to one, kill it, and get to the other and kill it. Do you just ignore the hands and absorb their nonsense with dispersion? I can't absorb two grasps. :|

I find bear taretare was very useful, and swiftness potions. You can also use disperse to eat a melee hit from the melee twin if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    The hands seem to spawn waaaaaaay on the outskirts of the platform for me and I die before I can run to one, kill it, and get to the other and kill it. Do you just ignore the hands and absorb their nonsense with dispersion? I can't absorb two grasps. :|

I find bear taretare was very useful, and swiftness potions. You can also use disperse to eat a melee hit from the melee twin if you have to.
    During the p1 to p2 transition, I saved voidform and void torrent for when Raest became active. I got him down to 70-75% before i started tab vt'ing all the little adds. Getting Raest down to 70ish will make p3 easier. As for the hands in p3, you could probably kill the first one when you have drums/pot up pretty quickly. They have around 7mil hp. At this point, the Raest's hp is around 40mil or so. It is pretty common knowledge to wait until the last <.5 secs to silence, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to reiterate that tip.

I did not use bear tartare or speed pots. The adds hands might be spawning far away if you're leaving Karam in the middle of nowhere when he becomes immune. I kited him out the far outside of the platform in p1 until about 40%. Then i brought him back in and got him below 35%. After that, I did not have hands spawning out of range.

Is it Possible to Slow him? (iam Moonkin) Was thinking about Trinkets wich have a Procc-Chance to do DMG and Slow the Target does that work on him?

Deleted
    Aye, Devilsaur's Shock Baton slow works.

Deleted
    Did it as 900 ilvl hunter, 41 traits, with boots for obvious reasons and Zevrim for a chance to cast more Marked Shots on the move. As talents I used Lone Wolf, Lock and Load, Farstrider, Patient Sniper, Binding Shot, A Murder of Crows and Piercing Shot. Saving Crows and Piercing shot for the hands it's super helpful since they die so much faster and you have more time to dps Karam or Raest depending on witch phase you're in. Farstrider is useful in the 1st phase to get distance in the last moment and spam cast Aimed Shot and Windburst more often. With flask, pre-pot, food, runes and drums and pot in the last phase you should have enough dps to burst down Raest. Once I got in the last phase it did not feel like a dps check at all. To soak the runes you need to stand exactly in the MIDDLE of it. It took me some tries to figure that out so I thought I might just mention this.

Useful macros you could use:
    /cast [@cursor] Binding Shot - to smartcast Binding Shot at your mouse location (you can do the same macro for Tar Trap as well)

/cast [target=focus] Concussive Shot - set Karam as focus so you can use Concussive Shot on him without targeting him

/target Karam
    /target [exists] Hand from Beyond - to switch between the hand and Karam in the 2nd and 3rd phase (due to how the [exists] condition works it's better to use this macro to switch TO the hand than it is to use it to switch FROM the hand back to Karam)

Final notes: Timing your Crows and Piercing Shots so you have them available when the Hand spawns without losing too much dps on the bosses it's probably the most challenging part of playing this build. If you can do this you can get in the last phase fairly easy and work form there on your rune soaking skills. Saving Aspect of the Cheetah to get fast to a rune and Aspect of the Turtle or soak a rune that is surrounded by adds also helps you a lot in the last phase.

Good luck to all the hunters out there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantfoamhat View Post
    During the p1 to p2 transition, I saved voidform and void torrent for when Raest became active. I got him down to 70-75% before i started tab vt'ing all the little adds. Getting Raest down to 70ish will make p3 easier. As for the hands in p3, you could probably kill the first one when you have drums/pot up pretty quickly. They have around 7mil hp. At this point, the Raest's hp is around 40mil or so. It is pretty common knowledge to wait until the last <.5 secs to silence, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to reiterate that tip.

I did not use bear tartare or speed pots. The adds hands might be spawning far away if you're leaving Karam in the middle of nowhere when he becomes immune. I kited him out the far outside of the platform in p1 until about 40%. Then i brought him back in and got him below 35%. After that, I did not have hands spawning out of range.
    Oooh it never occurred to me that Karam was the anchor for where the hands spawn. That explains it.

I have arcane torrent, which helps on the hands even more.

Deleted
    Did it as a 903 ilvl Balance druid after 20 tries,

Specc: 2/3/1/3/1/1/2 WoE for some more dmg when kiting and when u got problems killing the hands

Had 39 Points in my Artifact Weapon so no Wax and Wayne. If u are missing a lot of dmg try to get the trait, it helps alot!!

Legos: Ring + Bracer

-Prepot and just easy kite him. U should get him to 33% when he has 2-4 stacks. Phase 2, use drumms and all ur cds. Nuke the boss hard, use sunfire on adds and moonfire on the one bigger add.
    For Phase 3 the fun beginns. Kite him around and when hand spawns try to place the starfall so, that u hit the boss, hand and u can cast. Use ur big moon spells + starsurge to kill the hand. If u think u wont kill it in time use ur silence, but be aware that u Have to kill the next hand. If u cant kill i u can problably use self cds and go into bear form.

Phase 4: Watch out for runes. Use a Weakaura for Hand and Runes, this helps alot!!

Phase 5: When Karam re enters the fight just ignore him. Just try to kill Reast and watch for Hands and Runes. In my case i silenced the first hand and let the dots kill it. Used cds for second hand and than again silence for the third hand. After that the boss was at a few % and u can just Ignore the next rune. Just kill Reast and u are happy

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    Good morning everybody.

Here are the WeakAuras that I used for the challenge:

(click image for the link)

I have to say, that I am a bit surprised that the video got to the front, so it would be nice, if the auras can also be included as a help for some people.
    LOL I was looking for an aura for soaking the runes. That was easily the most difficult part of this encounter. I'm sure those would have saved me a lot of time.

I just completed this challenge, vod: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/133781736

I found this guide on Reddit very helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...allenge_guide/

Talents: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...or#eba!1022020

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Smaktat/simple (mog in progress lol)

Legendaries: Prydaz, Sephuz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. When go to do look more like, you have to consider as decided the need to go want to look. If you merely decided as to think to half of that, you might as well go to a floor towards as the far. I can't believe you deny the use of further deciding to even want to do look more like, when the rest of us have decided to need a want. Go ahead, go want to do look more like further than a half. It gets you nowhere, I can tell you that.

Really CBA trying any more with my Shadow Priest, having to rely on RNG of a Class mechanic to spawn tentacles to slow down the brother...

I'll just wait till I am overgeared for it.

Managed the challenge on a 896 frost mage, one fire legendary + Kiljaeden's trinket and 38 traits - it took a while but it is doable for sure. Few tips, you can use pets to soak the runes if you move them manually, and you can also root the guy chasing you and that also soaks them.