Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Everything here is nice except putting the worm to sleep as it only sleeps for 5 sec, I just tried it. I'm going to try trapping it next. Tried it too, it also only lasts 5 sec.

If you have one of the 3 legendaries great you can do it in like 2 tries, if not wait till you have an iLevel of like 910 to save yourself the aggravation of doing it 30 times.
    That one kick is all you need to survive on that phase. You need to reduce dmg taken as much as possible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    That one kick is all you need to survive on that phase. You need to reduce dmg taken as much as possible
    Didn't really seem to help as the worm still hit me with at least 3 spits before he tunneled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Didn't really seem to help as the worm still hit me with at least 3 spits before he tunneled.
    And then you will heal yourself with killer cobra spam to max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    And then you will heal yourself with killer cobra spam to max.
    Yes I did that, I was still at less than half HP (45-40%) after the 3rd dive. I don't think I have the iLevel for this, or the legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr0wl0ck View Post
    As destruction it is pretty much aoe based but you gotta keep an eye on your 4x interupts as when you get near his 20-10% he often starts casting his blast more frequently as the rotation speeds up. The encounter is very RNG based so cross your fingers for luck.
    You do not need to aoe at all as destruction if you do it right. The worm and the tauren are the only targets if you're doing it right(totem you can just hit drain life even to kill it with 1 tick). Also, I think you just imagined the casting faster as he got lower because it was always the same speed for me.

BM Hunter 905 no healing/defensive leggos.

I went with Ring/CoW for my leggos. Specced pet Tenacity for Last Stand clicky.

There's a pattern to be learned in terms of the Felburst casts and screeches from the worm. I was able to cycle Intimidate, Counter Shot, Misdirect in that order. In this way pet choice is really up to you and there's less problem maintaining pet health than using misdirect for every other cast. Counter Shot also always falls during earthquake/egg phases this way as it requires the least attention.

Its important to try to interrupt the first screech from the worm after each earthquake phase with freezing trap. I put a raid marker down in front of the worm before pull to help me target. Also try to time your turtle heal so that it blocks another screech. Doing this gives you alot more wiggle room for error. If you do not block at least half the worm screeches in this way you're going to have to play flawlessly.

A couple other notes regarding positioning and transitioning from Tugar to Worm.

-stand off to the side of the arena not in the middle during worm phases. The best way to avoid collapsing ceiling is to just not stand where the ceiling collapses.
    -you're a BM hunter, cleave those eggs!
    -after the third earthquake phase switch to the worm, you need to reduce its health before killing Tugar.
    -its helpful to hold off killing Tugar until the start of an earthquake phase. This gives time for your cooldowns to recover while the worm is burrowing in the ground.

Deleted
    WW Monk 898 ilvl but with bad stats because it's my offspec. Belt and Boots legendaries.
    Got it on my 25th try.
    Talents: Chi Wave, Tiger's Lust, Energizing Elixir, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Hit Combo, Whirling Dragon Punch.

The macros and weakauras by DorjeMonk were incredible useful. Thanks!
    As soon as Tugar dies it's basically over, the worm is no problem, even if he has some scales left. Just Para / ToK the scream and heal yourself with Transcendence.
    I failed mostly due to Fel Burst because I got stunned or was out of position. Just play it safe, it's no DPS race. I had only 520k.
    Last edited by mmoc6d571efc92; 2017-04-24 at 11:50 PM.

898 Destro lock with feretory, and kiljaedens burning wish.
    Talents were 1, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3
    I use fear to interrupt Tugars first fel burst, and felhunter + mortal coil for the rest of the encounter. The highest priority is to always interrupt Tugar, and fear him when hes midway into casting earthquake to prevent eggs from spawning. Depending on his rotation, Tugar can cast fel burst when all of your CCs are on cooldown. Can use the infernal, but if you need to soak, it would be a good idea to use an unending resolve + life tap macro. Also may be possible to use fear to interrupt, but very risky as you need to cast it as soon as he begins casting for it to work. Its not a DPS check, so as long as Tugar stays interrupted, he'll die eventually. The worm is a piece of cake, just keep interrupting his sonic scream with fear.
    If you find Tugar starts casting fel burst at the same time as placing a feltotem, you can fear him before he places it, to force felburst and fel surge out of sync. I found this made it much more manageable, and a lot easier to use fear to interrupt future fel bursts.
    Last edited by Lil Master94; 2017-04-30 at 06:30 PM.

910+ Beast Mastery Hunter here with some words of advice for you hunters not ~lucky~ enough to have Roots of Shaladrassil:

Mend Pet on cooldown! If you have fel bursts getting off, there is plenty of time between casts for you to get your pet back to full health before the next cast. I was using intimidation + counter shot to cover interrupts with 1-2 being covered by the damage reduction from misdirection in a pinch.

If your pet dies, the fight is not over. I didn't have to use a tenacity spec pet, but that is more likely ilvl related. Feltotem can be slowed via concussive shot and once you ress, chain misdirect and your pet will eventually regain threat.

The totem, while it can sneak up on you with strange and far-flung spawns, is very simple to deal with. One auto + cobra shot is more than enough to handle it each time it comes down.

Earthquake phase changed a lot for me over the attempts. At first I was focusing the eggs down, however I later switch to just AoE-ing and allowed beast cleave to take care of them while maintaining dps on the boss.

Take phase 1 slow! The last phase can killed you very quickly if you lack healing legendaries, as prydaz or roots can go a long way towards survivability. The damage in phase one is really controllable, and you should maximize your chances to not get hit by rocks, little worms, and the burrow. Kill command as much as possible (duh!) in order to get that little bit of healing through the artifact trait. Make sure you get every stack off the worm by running him through the fallen rocks during the earthquake phase.

Timing is everything. I saved second potion/bloodlust for the second phase and waited to make sure I didn't kill feltotem until the worm was burrowed in order to afford myself a brief respite before popping everything. The important ability in this phase is the AoE sonic shriek. it will chunk you for about one third of your health. It cannot be interrupted, but it can be STUNNED. Intimidation is really useful here and should be used ASAP to attempt to get two uses out of it during this burn phase.

Overall, while annoying, the tenants of this fight are fairly simple. don't like fel burst kill your pet, avoid stuff on the ground that will deal a ton of damage to you, keep your personal CDs up for the end of the fight, and burn the worm with everything you have in the last phase.

Good Luck!

Beastmastery

This is less of DPS race than you imagine, the adds are easy to manage and your priority is always the fel burst.
    Have your trap ready to cast before he casts fel burst and make use of the time he is trapped to clean up adds or just stand and heal.
    Make sure your trap doesn't hit an add.
    Using Prydaz bru further cheeses incoming damage, as a 2nd choice

does anyone notice for Bm hunter, after your pet dies (if it dies) and then use misdirect, that the misdirect doesn't work and the cow keeps attacking your character rather than your pet? yes i have growl on and ferocity corehound.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralnda View Post
    does anyone notice for Bm hunter, after your pet dies (if it dies) and then use misdirect, that the misdirect doesn't work and the cow keeps attacking your character rather than your pet? yes i have growl on and ferocity corehound.
    It's been like it since day 1. Assume it's meant to happen so you can't just ignore the mechanic and let your pet keep dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    It's been like it since day 1. Assume it's meant to happen so you can't just ignore the mechanic and let your pet keep dying.
    sure but isnt using misdirect supposed to work as its supposed to? otherwise its useless and misdirect is suposed to be part of being a hunter. isnt these fights about using everything in your arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Aralnda View Post
    sure but isnt using misdirect supposed to work as its supposed to? otherwise its useless and misdirect is suposed to be part of being a hunter. isnt these fights about using everything in your arsenal?
    Misdirect is far from useless- the 35% damage reduction it gives your pet while active eliminates the need for Freeze Trap interrupting on Tugar, making the fight much simpler, and freeing up Freezing Trap to be used on the worm while Tugar is still alive, if necessary. And remembering to take advantage of the new functionality of Misdirect is certainly part of being a hunter and using everything in your arsenal.

While I do agree that making some hunter abilities just not work like they do in all other content is pretty counter to the idea of "use all your spec's tricks to overcome this challenge that shows how good you are at your spec!" it does serve the function of making the challenge closer in line with the difficulty of the other specs- if we could revive our pet after letting it die to every cast, and it could simply taunt Tugar back, there'd be no need to really deal with his interrupt mechanic at all- a key part of the skill set this challenge requires from all dps specs attempting it. So, in that sense, I do understand why they made Feign Death and Growl and Misdirect have reduced functionality in this challenge, and I'm fine with it.