Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Arcane Status in 7.2

I am just wondering about switching to Arcane, what is the DPS like at 900+ ilvl. I am currently playing frost but i am enjoying Arcane more. Please don't start with the "play what you want" lol.. I enjoy being competitive but i also enjoy frost.. just not as much recently.. Any info would be great. Thanks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11 Arcane is much lower than frost, nearly as bad as fire and in the bottom 3 worst specs in the game. It's okay on Spellblade and Tichondrius.

I play arcane myself but it's a struggle to do well compared to most specs in the game.

There's a balance pass coming in 7.2.5 so we'll see what happens then.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-04-12 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themanjake View Post
    I am just wondering about switching to Arcane, what is the DPS like at 900+ ilvl. I am currently playing frost but i am enjoying Arcane more. Please don't start with the "play what you want" lol.. I enjoy being competitive but i also enjoy frost.. just not as much recently.. Any info would be great. Thanks.
    Arcane is perfectly fine. U can easily pull 800-900k ST dps on any fight so even in worst scenario u will always be much higher than the dps necessary to kill the boss. Logs means nothing at this point All top logs are pure scumbag padding dps made by top guilds.

Arcane overall is very consistent spec that can do well in any area and you never will be screwed by bad rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Arcane is perfectly fine. U can easily pull 800-900k ST dps on any fight so even in worst scenario u will always be much higher than the dps necessary to kill the boss. Logs means nothing at this point All top logs are pure scumbag padding dps made by top guilds.

Arcane overall is very consistent spec that can do well in any area and you never will be screwed by bad rng.
    I linked 75th percentile, hardly scumbag logs. At 50th percentile arcane is even worse. At 90th and 95th percentile arcane actually looks a bit better because of arcane explosion scumbagging, but still low.

Except when you don't get a single AM proc until your first evo or AM don't proc your wrists.

Once you get whispers in the dark your dps will fluctuate wildly depending on whether you get whispers procs with arcane power, just like everyone else. Except more so due to rune of power and overpowered.

For boss damage it's generally garbage. For AoE and killing prior targets it's good, and having an extra defensive over other specs is REALLY nice.

I love the spec and I'm raiding Mythic with it atm, but I'm hoping Blizzard find a way to improve our ST damage even just a little bit.

100% what CryotriX said, with one significant change: Blizzard would probably look at representation and buff Arcane through the roof in 7.2.5 so we'd end up having to level that artifact the week before Mythic hits. Fun.

You can get 800-900k ST at 900 ilvl as arcane?

Arcane sits in the middle of Frost and Fire. It is good in ST, but Frost is better. It is good in AoE, but Fire is better.

Then there's also the sample bias that all the good Mages are either Frost or Fire. Meaning most Arcane logs are giving a false accuracy of how Arcane actually performs, same happened with Frost early Nighthold, but now more and more mages are switching to it and getting legendaries for it, making Frost look OP.

It might be okay at single target on a dummy but it suffers from movement and mechanics more than any other spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It might be okay at single target on a dummy but it suffers from movement and mechanics more than any other spec.
    No if u are doing it right. That is the reason why u are using Slipstream and saving 1 AM stack for movement moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersh View Post
    You can get 800-900k ST at 900 ilvl as arcane?
    Yes. It is not that hard with good gear and legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    For boss damage it's generally garbage. For AoE and killing prior targets it's good, and having an extra defensive over other specs is REALLY nice.

I love the spec and I'm raiding Mythic with it atm, but I'm hoping Blizzard find a way to improve our ST damage even just a little bit.
    Arcane boss damage is nowhere near to being garbage... I am 8/10 now and there is no boss in NH where i would not be in top 5~ along with Fury warrior, Rogues, Frost DK, and Affli locks.

To be honest, i would not expect any major buffs to Arcane in upcoming patches. Give us 5-10% buff to ST dps, and we will be on Frost dmg level with our Godlike aoe. What will results in few nerf

The fact is, Arcane may be a bit underperforming class compared to the top ones, but ONLY IF people u are playing with are at your skill level, and your gear is equall. What won't take a place if u are not in top 50 guilds. So if soemone tells u that Arcane is bad spec for raiding, bitch slap him in the face, and move on
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-04-13 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard is it to manage the Mana and cooldowns? The question is from a moonkin main.

Deleted
    it requires lots of practice to min-max, especially fight-specific - after that it feel so good #arcanemain

Yes. It is not that hard with good gear and legendaries.
    Arcane boss damage is nowhere near to being garbage... I am 8/10 now and there is no boss in NH where i would not be in top 5~ along with Fury warrior, Rogues, Frost DK, and Affli locks.
    Wow, you must be insanely good then considering the average dps in the top 50 parses on the ST bosses @Ilvl 900 is around 730k for Krosus, 710k for Star Augur (including last phase AE padding) or 740k for Trilliax.

Really looking forward reading your logs, care to link?

Deleted
    Arcane is fine right now since progression for the super competitive is over. During NH progression, you would have had a time as Arcane since it was all Fire (because people already were invested from EM and ToV) and Frost.

As for ToS, who knows at this point. Arcane usually scales well into the later tiers, and we will have a balance patch (7.2.5) before it opens, so anything goes at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    How hard is it to manage the Mana and cooldowns? The question is from a moonkin main.
    As a Moonkin main, you may know the struggle of not having the Dreamcatcher legendary. It is the same for Arcane, but with the Mystic Kilt Legendary instead. Especially mana becomes alot more smooth and feels good with the legendary. For CD's, you roughly just blow everything whenever Arcane Power is up, but can change depending on if there is cleave or AoE needed.

check out mythic arcane videos from boxedwaffle and duturu on youtube
    the arcane dream is very well alive ladies and gentlemen

15+ Year Old Account
    I play Arcane and have ilvl 890 en do 500/600k average. But have bad the legendary boots and the cord. Doing fine on guild (normal)raids.

I love Arcane but am in the process of swaping to Frost. It's just so much higher damage and frankly a lot less punishing to play. Hopefully can switch back to Arcane for 7.2.5.

7+ Year Old Account
    They dont really seem all that good except on an opener with lust. Or lust effects during AP like whispers procs.