Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Banned for using the ticketsystem?

I'd like to see if I can find players who have had similar issues with WOW Customer Support.

I contacted them yesterday for having upgraded the BS crafted weapon "Blazefury Reborn" The one that takes 30 days to craft.
    I meant to send it to an alt, but as I had excess VP on the crafter, thought it might be an idea to us the VP to upgrade then send it. it crossed my mind this might not be possible, but as I had seen a pop-up warning for items becoming soulbound on upgrade, considered it safe to try.

The item upgraded without warning and became soulbound.

I put in a ticket and asked for help explaining the issue.

The GM who answered told me they could not undo the upgrade. When I asked if there would be an alternative solution such as moving it to the bags of my alt, the GM stated: "We can, but I won't"
    Not amused I vented in guildchat and to a real ID friend who then said to my surprise he'd had the same exact issue and had his item returned BOE by a GM.

I reopened the ticket, explaining my frustration and providing name of my friend who had the similar issue.

The next GM addressing it simply said, the friend never had a ticket made about it...

He put my ticket to "answered" and as my problem was still not fixed, I used the available option "Still have a problem" in the ticket system. It is there to be able to tell them you still have a problem...right?

the next GM started of by stating immediately that no matter how many tickets I would write, the answer would remain the same and if I were to ticket them again, they would suspend my account. I pressed "still have problem" once more and got a 3 hour in-game ban and a 3 day forum ban on account of scamming.

I appealed to the CSFeedback getting a reply which only stated I was asking Customer Support to undo a reforge which was against their policy. no talk about the unrightful ban, no talk about the alternative solution I offered with the only advice to take legal action if I so desired.

Today, logging back on and creating a new ticket requesting feedback and a just reason not to assist me, I got answered again, less friendly and banned again...This time the reason says "Defraud GM" huh wait whut?? lol

Now by this time I have the popcorn out and I couldn't care less about playing WOW. I feel like Jean Valjean on the barricades of the Paris revolution and I really want to see where this biggest dick contest is leading to. At the same time, after 5,5 years of game play and staying on for MOP now the game is rapidly losing its charm, it feels like a black day to have such a small thing be blown out of proportion on account of....? what exactly? Asking assistance in a matter they address every day.

My request to you is to please support my cause / help me out by either providing me with examples in which Blizzard has resolved a similar issue after patch 5.3 (as they claim they stopped assisting in this matter when a pop-up was implemented), or any known issue with addons preventing a prompt from being given (their explanation as to why I didn't get any) or any information that in fact their actions of suspending my account are somewhere listed in their agreement.

If you can help me out in any way, please do so ;-) It would mean a great deal to me and anyone else for that matter having experienced the Super Ban Powah of Blizzard's Customer Support.

Thanx in advance

MissleDawn

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an unfortunate mistake that you accidentally soulbound your item, but I don't think waging a battle with the GMs is the appropriate solution- apparently Blizzard didn't either. If multiple GMs told you that they aren't allowed to help you with the items, all you can do is cut your losses and move on. It sucks but I think you've done all you can. The GM that helped your friend may have done it against the rules, or maybe your friend had some unique circumstances; I don't know.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    got a feeling you left something out here.

I upgraded the wrong item before, the GM came on live chat and said they weren't allowed to do it, I politely pointed out the lack of warnings and it being the only system that didn't have a safety back up, 10 minutes later after being instructed to delete the item I had I got asked to change chars, I did this then told to log back, after that I had the VP's restored and the item waiting in the mail for me.

most of the GM's are reasonable as long as you keep calm and explain the problem in a rational way, that they can't really dispute. if you "vent" you are just going to piss off the GM and they won't see any reason to help you. the same is true with all versions of support, it's always better to make sure you are calm and polite even if they are telling you something you don't want to hear.

I have one of those weapons, brb as i check to see if i get that warning.

It's giving me a warning when i try...
    Last edited by alucardtnuoc; 2013-07-08 at 11:25 PM.

I had a similar problem awhile ago and I got the VP restored, I think it just comes down to the way you talk to the GM.

Well that sucks, never had this happen to me!

Most GMs are nice when talked to. If they cannot do it, they will nicely say so. I have rarely faced one that is mean or acts rude to you. There are some GMs who strike up interesting convos.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not clear as to what you were expecting to happen after the first ticket.

Friend of mine did the same thing in 5.2 I think, submitted a few tickets, nothing was done about it. He only submitted two tickets though I believe, no ban. He was still pissed though, me laughing at him for being a dumb ass probably didn't help the matter.

Deleted
    'got a feeling you left something out here."

nope, honestly didn't. I stayed calm, didn't rant or rage, but did state my issue wasn't resolved and I didn't feel treated as a valued customer. My motivation for not cutting my losses has to do with the GM stating: I can help you, but I won't"
    I agree with you though that somewhere down the line I must have said something to tick them off, or maybe it was just the perseverance in providing solutions and not taking the loss. I haven't had many tickets in my years and would it have been with losing a lfr item or VP not awarded, things stolen from my GB, even a deleted char I have taken my losses in the past. I guess my Achilles heel was kicked when he said: I can help you, but I am not willing to.

Odd back before 5.3 I did the same thing with rogue dagger, GM refunded me the JP and sent me a new dagger... so dunno

Cancel your account/sub and write why in the window when it asks. They won't listen to anything else.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you can do at this point is post a polite note in the Blizzard Customer Support forum. It might get a response and you might get some action to help you.

But any help they provide is at their discretion, and any action they take for or against your account is at their discretion too.

Edit -- Oh I see you've already been in CSF and now probably have a long or permanent ban there. Well, looks like the jig is up for you.

Slightly similar issue and know several guildies that also had similar issues. some of them also have been blown off, while others have had their items restored and reverted with great help. it's purely up to the gm if he feels like doing his job or not that day or if he was trained enough to do it for many of the situations.

Hello i just purchased [Starfall Ink] x20

I meant to purchase [Starlight Ink] x20

The refund option isn't there it just sells to the vendor the ink i purchased can i please have my [Ink of Dreams] back!

This just happened the matter of seconds of writing this ticket :[

-- After submitting this ticket i am going to use some more of my dream ink to purchase the correct ink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy XXXXX!

Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. Looks like we missed eachother but I've included this message to help you out

It looks like you did already exchange it and in this case, I can't actually help with any kind of refund I know these two itesm are really similar in name, so just double check before you make any purchases to ensure it's all good!

Just so you know, if you still have concerns, just hit the 'need more help' button. If this answered everything you needed, push 'Message Read' which will close the ticket!

Regards,
    Game Master Chalriesh
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.worldofwarcraft.com

Im on the GMs side here. If he said now once, that should be final, making multiple tickets just wastes his time, and other people waiting for tickets who have an actual problem.

Plus its kinda obvious you can't upgrade items with them still being BoP

Last time I had to interact with a GM it was great. I was on an alt, and he logged onto my main and chatted with me and my guildies while he fixed the problem. Very friendly.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I have one of those weapons, brb as i check to see if i get that warning.

It's giving me a warning when i try...
    Aye, they told me one of my addons was preventing the warning from popping up. I haven't been able to find any info on that, but patch 5,3 went live late June, so might be too early for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, soulbound upon upgrades should now a days be common knowlege.

You broke some boundries in this case, you kept reopening a case that you had already gotten a clear answer to.

Your accident is your own unlucky action, just like the auction house, you should be aware of this yourself.

You then proceeded to mention a different case within your own ticket, a case that isn't even your own - so this will of course trigger a different answer as they are not allowed to answer such.

You then once more, proceeded to reopen the same case as you have been answered multiple times. This can sometimes be seen as attempt of scammer, a hope then you may get a "new" GM that might do what you want.

Sorry for your problems, but this is just a case that has been dragged out more than it should. I'm not going to call you stuff for doing so, but the less friendly tone might be more because you are dragging people away from other peoples tickets to answer you with the same answer again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You acted out of order. Sounds quite deserving.
    You're banned for doing something, then you keep doing it. It's like slapping an officer, wondering why you get suspended or arrested, then slapping an officer again and wondering why you get punished. this takes a special someone.

If a GM honestly gave you the response, "I can, but I won't", what you should have done is taken a screenshot (and posted here of course) and sent it to Blizzard Support. They have an email address where you can write a complain about anyone they employ, whether it be a phone customer service rep, a Blue on the forum or even an in game GM.

Blizzard do take their customer service very seriously (although it has felt as though it's been slipping the past few months) and I've always had good conversations with them. I once crafted the wrong item for a guildie in T14, it used all the Blood Spirits we had in the bank and all the Imperial Silk I had, but a GM took the spirit chest off me and sent me the DPS one back. I've always been helped by a GM, never had to complain and never open a new ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissleDawn View Post
    'got a feeling you left something out here."

nope, honestly didn't. I stayed calm, didn't rant or rage, but did state my issue wasn't resolved and I didn't feel treated as a valued customer. My motivation for not cutting my losses has to do with the GM stating: I can help you, but I won't"
    I agree with you though that somewhere down the line I must have said something to tick them off, or maybe it was just the perseverance in providing solutions and not taking the loss. I haven't had many tickets in my years and would it have been with losing a lfr item or VP not awarded, things stolen from my GB, even a deleted char I have taken my losses in the past. I guess my Achilles heel was kicked when he said: I can help you, but I am not willing to.
    Your story sounds fishy. Especially since Blizzard can see EVERYTHING you say to the GM staff and what is said back to you as it is logged. For an account action to be given, they must have documentation for it. With all that, it is highly unlikely that a GM told you they could help you but they wouldn't.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.