Where did the buttons for "jump to where you left off" and others go?

I can't find any threads on this topic either. At first I assumed it was a bug or the buttons were getting an overhaul, but it has been a week or two now and they haven't returned. I can still select an icon at the bottom of this new thread, so I have no idea what's going on.

Is it just me? It seems strange to remove these entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your adblocker. Edit the filter to whitelist those buttons. I had a friend complain to me about the same issue and that's what it ended up being.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I just tried whitelisting this site.

Holy. Shit. The ads.

I would rather NOT use the site entirely than let this site load that many ads that are that intrusive and take that long to load. I tried manually blocking the most intrusive elements, thinking I could compromise with a few ads loading so everyone is happy.

Nope, they just come back on a page reload if adblock is turned off. This shit is unusable with ads enabled.

I really truly hope they learn to tone the ads down so I can help them generate revenue, but as it stands, there is no way in hell that will happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    I just tried whitelisting this site.

Holy. Shit. The ads.

I would rather NOT use the site entirely than let this site load that many ads that are that intrusive and take that long to load. I tried manually blocking the most intrusive elements, thinking I could compromise with a few ads loading so everyone is happy.

Nope, they just come back on a page reload if adblock is turned off. This shit is unusable with ads enabled.

I really truly hope they learn to tone the ads down so I can help them generate revenue, but as it stands, there is no way in hell that will happen.
    You messed with whatever you are using for ad blocking and you are overblocking the site. Somehow you intentionally or accidentally added part of the mmo-champion domain itself to your adblocker instead of just letting it block the ads being served from remote servers. This will cause the missing buttons you are complaining about.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-09 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    You messed with whatever you are using for ad blocking and you are overblocking the site. Somehow you intentionally or accidentally added part of the mmo-champion domain itself to your adblocker instead of just letting it block the ads being served from remote servers. This will cause the missing buttons you are complaining about.
    Actually it turned out to be the default filters that caused it. I didn't mess with any filters on this site and only used the defaults.

However I was able to whitelist the buttons themselves. Which is a shame because I use this site a lot and want to support it via ads (not going to sub lol) but they have no middle-ground between overly intrusive garbage and no ads...and I can't white list some without spending a significant amount of time isolating the exact way they present the ads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it turned out to be the default filters that caused it. I didn't mess with any filters on this site and only used the defaults.

However I was able to whitelist the buttons themselves. Which is a shame because I use this site a lot and want to support it via ads (not going to sub lol) but they have no middle-ground between overly intrusive garbage and no ads...and I can't white list some without spending a significant amount of time isolating the exact way they present the ads.
    What adblocker are you using? The only thing that should should cause the aforementioned issue is if there is a rule blocking images from the mmo-champion domain itself. Ads are served from remote servers and any rules that you have specifically for the mmo-champion domain are not needed.

What adblocker are you using? The only thing that should should cause the aforementioned issue is if there is a rule blocking images from the mmo-champion domain itself. Ads are served from remote servers and any rules that you have specifically for the mmo-champion domain are not needed.
    ublock. And I did not set any rules at all manually until I whitelisted.

15+ Year Old Account
    ublock. And I did not set any rules at all manually until I whitelisted.
    I'm using uBlock Origin in Chrome and don't have this issue. I can only assume that we have it set up differently with different settings or different 3rd party filters enabled or custom rules.

Regardless, the underlying issue was your adblocker being a tad overzealous and blocking images from the mmo-champion domain which it doesn't need to do to block ads because none of the ads are served from mmo-champion.com

I'm using uBlock Origin in Chrome and don't have this issue. I can only assume that we have it set up differently with different settings or different 3rd party filters enabled or custom rules.

Regardless, the underlying issue was your adblocker being a tad overzealous and blocking images from the mmo-champion domain which it doesn't need to do to block ads because none of the ads are served from mmo-champion.com
    You are correct, although I don't quite know what was different still. I don't use any special filters, or even set anything other than the default easy filter. I also use Chrome.

Very weird, but at least I have the buttons back and know that the cause was the adblocker. (I also had a lot of the WSIWYG editor buttons blocked but they reappeared now too. Very strange.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Chrome with AdGuard and have no problems.