Poll: Would you like a NEW Black Qiraji mount for the event in Silithus?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you like a NEW Black Qiraji mount for the event in Silithus?

Since a major lore event is going to happen in Silithus once again, I think it would be cool if we could get an updated Qiraji mount as an homage to the event back in Vanilla. A recolor of the Grinning Reaver store mount, with a different armor or with no armor at all, would fit perfectly. Basically something like this:

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they change it so I can ride the other bug mounts OUTSIDE of AQ.

Not sure how they would implement this honestly.

Oh look another stupid Coconut thread about wanting handouts.

Shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Oh look another stupid Coconut thread about wanting handouts.

Shocking.
    Look another stupid post by a entitled "elitist" who's real life probably sucks.

That would be sweet, yeah! Limited time availability, until BFA releases.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Look another stupid post by a entitled "elitist" who's real life probably sucks.
    Nah my life is pretty good actually.

For example I get to make fun of entitled triggered children like you who cry about 12 year old bullshit in a video game like some colossal fucking nerd.

You feel the need to mention that...

For example I get to make fun of entitled triggered children like you who cry about 12 year old bullshit in a video game like some colossal fucking nerd.
    ... and then you waste your time coming here and making posts like that...

10+ Year Old Account

It's a community for an online game, for those who like it. If anything is embarassing, it's to be here and not be a huge nerd. You don't belong here.

On to topic, I would love a bug mount IF they keep it kinda plain, not too much effects or spikes or wings etc. As much same looking as the classic ones as possible.

No way, the original mount is too rare to change. If they change it it will be because of this, but no one should want it to change. Just want it to be available again for the first time in a decade.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Sure if it require a lot of farming and only a few people on the server can get it. Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No way, the original mount is too rare to change. If they change it it will be because of this, but no one should want it to change. Just want it to be available again for the first time in a decade.
    Nobody wants the mount to change or the old mount to be available again. Just a similar looking mount (a black bug) as a nod to that old event, like the WoD CE was a remastered Ravenlord.

I'm assuming that they will have less servers dedicated to classic then they do live so giving the the mount to just a few select players seems like a bad idea. I see one of a few things happening

1. Have the event with the mount available to everyone who took part in it
    2. Have the event with no rewards
    3. Have the event with a pet or or toy as the reward
    4. No event happening
    5. Have the event with only one person per server getting the mount again

I see scenario 3 the most likely, but then again anything can happen. They also said they would never have an event again where an entire server would be in ONE zone let alone one spot in a zone

I'd like that mount, but do not call it Black Qiraji tank, because that's blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    I'm assuming that they will have less servers dedicated to classic then they do live so giving the the mount to just a few select players seems like a bad idea. I see one of a few things happening

1. Have the event with the mount available to everyone who took part in it
    2. Have the event with no rewards
    3. Have the event with a pet or or toy as the reward
    4. No event happening
    5. Have the event with only one person per server getting the mount again

I see scenario 3 the most likely, but then again anything can happen. They also said they would never have an event again where an entire server would be in ONE zone let alone one spot in a zone
    This isn't really what I meant, but I blame myself for the wording. How exactly they should handle the Gates of AQ event on Classic realms is a very interesting issue, but not what I was discussing here. There is an upcoming event in Silithus in Legion:

Sargeras will thrust his sword in Silithus as a final act of vengeance, wounding Azeroth. Azerite, the powerful substance seeping from the wound, or maybe the broken pieces of Sargeras's sword, will trigger a new faction conflict that boils over into what we saw will happen in BFA.

Since we're visiting the place again, I just thought it would be a nice "excuse" for a nice callback Qiraji mount. Maybe not necessarily black, if people are too touchy about it. :P

As far as the original event is concerned, if they want to keep Classic realms as a window into Vanilla, I think they should make the Gates event seasonal, with no mount reward - that way people can keep experiencing it more than the one time per server, but there's no issue about cheesing the exclusive reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    This isn't really what I meant, but I blame myself for the wording. How exactly they should handle the Gates of AQ event on Classic realms is a very interesting issue, but not what I was discussing here. There is an upcoming event in Silithus in Legion:

Sargeras will thrust his sword in Silithus as a final act of vengeance, wounding Azeroth. Azerite, the powerful substance seeping from the wound, or maybe the broken pieces of Sargeras's sword, will trigger a new faction conflict that boils over into what we saw will happen in BFA.

Since we're visiting the place again, I just thought it would be a nice "excuse" for a nice callback Qiraji mount. Maybe not necessarily black, if people are too touchy about it. :P

As far as the original event is concerned, if they want to keep Classic realms as a window into Vanilla, I think they should make the Gates event seasonal, with no mount reward - that way people can keep experiencing it more than the one time per server, but there's no issue about cheesing the exclusive reward.
    OHHHHHHHH, lol, as long as one person per server doesn't get it denying everyone else of it then I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Only if they change it so I can ride the other bug mounts OUTSIDE of AQ.

Not sure how they would implement this honestly.
    I'd be content with that. Just after doing whatever the content is in Silithus we unlock the ability to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Yes, give me that. It's different enough from the original black qiraji mount that those who got it can still feel special, while the rest of us get a nice consolation/participation prize.

why not, not legendary, no prestige to it no scarab lord title.

you won't be impressing anyone with it so blizz can go and do it.

Only if i can use the scepter i still have in my bank

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Sucks to say it, but it wouldn't be vanilla if they kept adding new stuff which wasn't in vanilla.
    Since the current & vanilla won't be connected, what's the harm in having the real event take place again?

People will probably not even play on the classic servers to long, since you know the QoL changes they've added to the game slowly since vanilla is missing it'll be a pain to play there.

Just imagine leveling up weapon skills all over again.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk