Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everyone is talking about Serenity being eliminated in the #AmazingGrind but no one is bringing up the fact that Blizzard made a really good writing decision by hiring someone who isn't Kosak or Knaak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    ....who's Christie Golden?
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Christie_Golden

Good for Christie. Loved her Arthas novel.

Deleted
    Why so much hate for Christie... she is a decent witter.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to see you leaving us Serenity. You were an inspiration towards making myself better in this game. Take care and have fun in any and all of your future endeavors.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    I wonder how many competitive guilds, and players, need to shelve World of Warcraft before the designers realise that their vision for raiding is driving its community into the ground?
    Perhaps you should look into why Serenity disbanded before you apply your cookie cutter blanket statement.

The one's that left left because they have a better chance at getting WF in Method than Serenity. Serenity was having leadership problems, some of which influenced by RL issues, which, even at that end of the raiding spectrum, still take priority. It didn't end for the same reason other guilds have. This end is actually much more common for the rest of the guilds out there pushing for kills; without rock solid leadership and direction, guilds flounder and either struggle on or lose members to greener pastures until they die. Kuznam has seen this before, he was already getting ready to step down anyways, saw no point in dragging it out, and made the decision. It happens. I wish all the players best of luck, with whatever/wherever they end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Why so much hate for Christie... she is a decent witter.
    She used to be decent writer, but I'd say from The Shattering onward, she went from decent to worse to catastrophic, with War Crimes probably being the worst of the bunch. Then again, when other people dictate you the story there's not much room for improvisation.

As for her job at Blizzard, she might be a good fit. Her bibliography shows she was for the longest time writer for hire writing for whicher universe hired her, but I'm not expecting much. More Jaina bullshit if anything.

Can't say I'm particularly happy at Golden being hired on for Blizzard, even if it is temporary. The woman is not a good writer, and the novels she has written are borderline fan fiction with how terribly paced, and laden with awful dialogue, prose, and plot holes. But it's temporary, so it's likely that she's being brought on to help direct a character she's written in one of her books to be included in the game's lore.

Atleast, that's what I'm hoping. I'm not entirely sure I could stomach something like the power of friendship and rainbow beams actually appear in WoW like it did in Twilight of the Aspects, or that absolutely laughably bad conclusion to Warcrimes. I really wish it was Stackpole or even William King coming on instead, atleast when they wrote their respective novels, they felt like they were properly part of the Warcraft lore and universe... Nothing Golden writes ever feels like it fits in with what's going on with Warcraft, and the world as a whole.

That cinematic is still one of my favorites ... if not my favorite so far.

Loving all the LFR heroes shitting on Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I guess with Metzen gone they needed to restock the shelves with terrible writers.
    Terrible writers? Christie Golden?

Humans don't breathe oxygen. It doesn't take part in the krebs cycle, or in aerobic respiration for that matter.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    So another top end guild falls apart, and Christie Golden goes from being contracted to write shitty novels for Blizzard to a full time staff (presumably writer) for Blizzard... have they actually read the trash she has produced for them?

7+ Year Old Account
    at least Christie. can be better than Kosak or afrasiabi right? i love the Lord of the clans novel, she have potential to do a good work, cause the lore is rly shit right now, i can't see getting worse for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Can't say I'm particularly happy at Golden being hired on for Blizzard, even if it is temporary. The woman is not a good writer, and the novels she has written are borderline fan fiction with how terribly paced, and laden with awful dialogue, prose, and plot holes. But it's temporary, so it's likely that she's being brought on to help direct a character she's written in one of her books to be included in the game's lore.

Atleast, that's what I'm hoping. I'm not entirely sure I could stomach something like the power of friendship and rainbow beams actually appear in WoW like it did in Twilight of the Aspects, or that absolutely laughably bad conclusion to Warcrimes. I really wish it was Stackpole or even William King coming on instead, atleast when they wrote their respective novels, they felt like they were properly part of the Warcraft lore and universe... Nothing Golden writes ever feels like it fits in with what's going on with Warcraft, and the world as a whole.
    I quite enjoyed all of Christie's WoW books, especially War Crimes. It's like... opinions man, can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I quite enjoyed all of Christie's WoW books, especially War Crimes. It's like... opinions man, can't please everyone.
    Indeed. You are not alone there. I'm happy for Christie und looking forward to seeing her influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Indeed. You are not alone there. I'm happy for Christie und looking forward to seeing her influence.
    Yea, and besides anything people can bring up, new eyes are never a bad thing when looking at like... what... 20 years of game lore?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    ....who's Christie Golden?
    it quite obvious what her job will be though - anyone with half of brain can see they had to replace Metzen with someone good - shes obvious choice .

I've been saying for years Blizzard should spend some of that Scrooge McDuck vault on hiring good authors to come in and write the story arcs for the game, and develop characters and such.

Golden? Not who I was thinking of. She's a fan fiction writer who went pro. Good enough, but not great. Granted, i havent liked any of the WoW books, by any of the authors, as I've been a bookworm since a kid and I'm well steeped in the greats, so I'm picky.

Good luck to her. She's gonna need it. The storylines in the game are so bad now, she's gonna need a miracle to clean it all up - if that's what she's doing. She's better than Kosak, but not by much.

7+ Year Old Account
    For the horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Raising a King is the Alliance Fist Pumping moment Chris Metzen promised us so long ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynnlagh View Post
    About this video... Is the Horde still fighting against the Legion or .. they still looking for a new usefull warchief?
    Video was meant to give some lore about Anduin outside of the books, tie up loose ends, and offer a bit of closure for the death of Varian like how Sylvanas had her cinematic on Horde side dealing with the death of Vol'jin and being thrust into the role of leader of the Horde.

Regarding Serenity... Meh.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything