Cool Monitor and suggestion help welcome!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mGwbzM

It has been a while since I last posted, but I finally made my mind up to actually go through with my slight upgrade, so thank you in advance for the help!

That is my build that I am aiming to go for, the only difference being that my GPU is actually the 660 TI currently, and I have 8GB ram.

I plan on changing to 16GB of RAM, and am thinking for around 400$ the 1070 msi gaming looks promising to hold for years to come. Any suggestions for anything that can be better? Also looking for a new monitor, I am currently using some SAMSUNG curved 27 inch I bought from costco when I was a noob and didn't know anything about how Hz and response time, so am very open to suggestions about some awesome 24-27 inch monitors. Preferably looking for a 2ms or less response time monitor.

The games I play are mostly League, Overwatch, and soon for FF Stormblood expansion!

What do you have currently and what's your budget for the whole upgrade (incl. the monitor)?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Looking for any suggestions when it comes to budget for monitors. And by what I have currently, what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by deskport View Post
    Looking for any suggestions when it comes to budget for monitors. And by what I have currently, what do you mean?
    What is your build looking right now? As I understand the partpicker link is your planned build after upgrade, right? With the GTX 1070 you're looking at either 1080p 144Hz or 1440p 60Hz. Prices are wildly different there so it depends on how much you're willing to spend.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    What is your build looking right now? As I understand the partpicker link is your planned build after upgrade, right? With the GTX 1070 you're looking at either 1080p 144Hz or 1440p 60Hz. Prices are wildly different there so it depends on how much you're willing to spend.
    The link I provided is my current build, with the exceptions being the GPU and Ram, which is a 660ti and currently 8gb of ram. As for the price budget for my monitor, I guess no more than $500? Sorry it wasn't really classified earlier

The link I provided is my current build, with the exceptions being the GPU and Ram, which is a 660ti and currently 8gb of ram. As for the price budget for my monitor, I guess no more than $500? Sorry it wasn't really classified earlier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HC1RlFeSRw

I'm getting two of those monitors and the mount. Comes out to $300 total for me.

Right, well probably the best thing you can double up at $500 is probably this, considering your 2ms needs. You can also go for this. Both of those options leave you some extra to buy a cheap mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Right, well probably the best thing you can double up at $500 is probably this, considering your 2ms needs. You can also go for this. Both of those options leave you some extra to buy a cheap mount.
    Thanks TidesOfBlood, I actually loved the suggestion and will keep that in mind.

Thunderball, I have looked at both and the AOC looks pretty nice and cheap considering I was looking for 1 monitor instead of possibly getting 2 with the budget I provided. Any other recommendations for monitors or overall build suggestions??

Deleted
    I've heard good things from friends on the 1080p144 viewsonic panels; but I believe they all use largely the same TN panels, and it's stands and electronics which differ between the brands.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rY9...monitor-xg2401

A 1070 should pretty much cane 144hz in those games with sensible settings.

edit - a qualification on the gpu, as your hz increases you may get some frame variance due to cpu, just the occasional outlier which was drawn noticably late. You don't say whether your cpu is oc'd but it would help here, though I'd watch temps or straight upgrade your cooler.
    Last edited by mmoce90cf0ffae; 2017-05-25 at 05:40 PM.

Thunderball, I have looked at both and the AOC looks pretty nice and cheap considering I was looking for 1 monitor instead of possibly getting 2 with the budget I provided. Any other recommendations for monitors or overall build suggestions??
    Pretty much what I've already said: stick to 1080p 144Hz or 1440p 60Hz. If you're going for a single monitor you obviously can afford a quality 27 inch IPS panel, but first you need to make up your mind on what you want, we can offer some suggestions then.