10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Personnaly, I prefer the Shenzhou, but I suppose that I will get to like the Discovery.
    I won't. There's a reason why that design was rejected for Star Trek: Phase Two and ST:TMP... it sucks. Like you, I'd prefer the Shenzhou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personnaly, I prefer the Shenzhou, but I suppose that I will get to like the Discovery.
    I agree, but I think that I'll get over it if the series is good.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a big fan of Michelle Yeoh, so I'd probably prefer Shenzhou as well... Jason Isaac is no slouch though, so I'm sure he'll be great.

As for the main character being Michael Burnham, the actress playing her is pretty damn hot, so I'm okay with her being the lead XD. Never been a HUGE Trekkie, but I reckon I'll give this a shot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'll stick with my TOS and TNG, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    i dont like that the main actress looks like she is 20 years old.
    IRL she is about 30something but she just looks waaaaay too young to be in charge of a star trek ship.

Even disregarding that, i just hope star trek does not devolve to the common drama garbage that can be seen daily on fox life and similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The Captain is far too young.
    Who's messing with the genetic makeup of Klingons every reboot?
    Prequels suck in science fiction.

But I'm still 100% going to watch.
    Not defending the show, but she isn't in charge of the ship.

Jason Isaacs is the captain of the ship she is on. Michelle Yeoh is the captain of the ship she is on before Jason Isaacs' ship.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I hate what they've done to the Klingons
    When i first saw the trailer i was thinking it looks ok i guess but that new race look kinda shit. Was gobsmacked when i found out they were Klingons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    When i first saw the trailer i was thinking it looks ok i guess but that new race look kinda shit. Was gobsmacked when i found out they were Klingons.
    After I saw it I'm not sure I am willing to give it a fair chance anymore.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I will give it my standard three episode test. If it has not gripped me by then i will bail out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, there was a lot of irony in the fact that the commercial was followed up with an Orville commercial.

I'm fuckin stoked for Orville tho.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

theres so much wrong with Discovery, i dont even know where to start? I definitely won't be giving them my viewer number.

The biggest thing is the fact this looks more like a Star Wars episode than Star Trek, its a prequel.

Stop being afraid to go beyond DS9 and Voyager...

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm fuckin stoked for Orville tho.
    I'm scared to get my hopes up
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Voyager was not as good as DS9 and Enterprise was weaker than Voyager.
    I'll dispute that. I found Enterprise better in every way. As a matter of fact, one season that demonstrates this clearly is Enterprise's third season, in which they spent a year in the Expanse. The NX-01 did not look the same when it came back from that extended time away from Starfleet. In contrast, Voyager didn't change at all in the seven years it was in the Delta Quadrant.

So much of Voyager was contrived. The Maquis terrorists being integrated into the Voyager crew? And wearing Starfleet uniforms? With relatively few issues? Yeah right. Then there were practical continuity issues. Voyager fired more torpedoes than she was said to be equipped with. (That wouldn't be an issue if they just mentioned somewhere, anywhere, that they made new ones somehow... but they didn't.) Ditto with the shuttlecrafts.

Then there are the captains. Archer had a pretty good excuse for breaking the "Prime Directive"... it didn't exist in his era. What was Janeway's excuse for breaking the Prime Directive in the Voyager pilot? Or Admiral Janeway's excuse for breaking the Temporal Prime Directive in the finale? Archer's character changed during the series as a result of his experiences. Janeway was the same bureaucratic captain throughout. The list goes on.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2017-09-08 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    I don't know why they're so scared of doing a show set after DS9/VOY. It's like they're so freaked out about Nemesis that they're just going to let the series die or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Do you all remember the end of Voyager? they pretty much ruined any future sequel by hitting the godmode button. Basically any future conflict is moot because the federation now has tech that they can apparently retrofit their ships in a couple days with tech that can ONE SHOT BORG CUBES!!! I rather liked most of Voyager but the last episode pissed me off.

I've been convinced for a long time that's the main reason they can't go any farther in that timeline and responsible for the timeline reset they made with the new movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    Basically any future conflict is moot because the federation now has tech that they can apparently retrofit their ships in a couple days with tech that can ONE SHOT BORG CUBES!!! I rather liked most of Voyager but the last episode pissed me off.
    If you'll recall, the Borg had already figured out how to neutralize the threat of Voyager's futuristic trans-phasic torpedoes in the finale. It's not like the Romulans or Dominion couldn't eventually do the same thing.

Deleted
    i am in germany and want to sub to netflix just for DSC. will i be able to watch in in english on netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    theres so much wrong with Discovery, i dont even know where to start? I definitely won't be giving them my viewer number.

The biggest thing is the fact this looks more like a Star Wars episode than Star Trek, its a prequel.

Has anyone actually seen a episode yet, before we determine its going to suck and not worth watching? It's a serious question, I know sometimes they do early or limited showings of the first episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Has anyone actually seen a episode yet, before we determine its going to suck and not worth watching?
    We have plenty to go on without having seen an episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Has anyone actually seen a episode yet, before we determine its going to suck and not worth watching? It's a serious question, I know sometimes they do early or limited showings of the first episode.
    I refuse to watch trailers or any form of spoilers but given its production problems I have misgivings. I'll still watch it anyways. For all I know it could be brilliant. I'm sure there are worse ways you could spend an hour.

No early reviews for Discovery. Yes, this is a good way to show that you're proud of your product.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/cbs-wont-allo...efo-1809073782

10+ Year Old Account
    I will join the Doomsday crowd. This show is fucking doomed.

-Charging people extra for fans in their main markets (US)
    -Bad acting (from the trailer)
    -No early reviews (bad sign)
    -Lack of continuity (purple Klingons)
    -Corporate Greed (Fan projects)

If I were to watch it, I am going to download them illegally. (I pay for Netflix, so fuck CBS)