Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And the players don't get paid, they might get a mousepad or something every so often, that's about where it ends.
    you must have missed the leaked method payment spreadsheet for legion preparation (some were getting over 1k, substantially more than a mousepad)

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    And the players don't get paid, they might get a mousepad or something every so often, that's about where it ends.
    I never said they get paid (with money), I said they get sponsored. And I am fairly certain it exceeded mousepads in the past.
    I never said they would make a living with it.

Serenity only really died because they had inter guild issues that they never totally sorted out and they lost much of the healing core during the HFC farm and were never really able to legitimately replace it with out the band aid constantly falling off.

Honestly unless you stream to make a living or are a student with free time, hardcore raiding isn't worth it and with the ageing player base the scene will just keep on dying.

The problem is world first worth what for you in real life,i saw one of their application term is you need to let down you school or job few week or a month for gaming progression,it is insane...

Deleted
    I think I've mentioned it before on these forums but what I've talked with high-end raiders, the scene will pretty much die out if the next expansion continues the trend of "grind eternally, split raids with 3-4 alts and hope to get lucky with gear because achieving full BiS is impossible". It's just too much to handle for most players. It might just be the handful of people I talk with who're extra burnt out and like to be over-dramatic, but over the years they've been really reliable people and naturally talk with other people in the circle of HC raiders a lot. So take it as you will

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    The AP system forces you to play every day. Not only play every day, but to do the same boring crap every time. It's also there to give people the illusion of content, Legion has actually had less content than all the other expansions except WoD.
    The AP requirement for NH and ToV, maybe. However, ToS has a ridiculously easy AP-to-meet requirement. Many people already have their concordonce and the buffs afterwards are trivial, at best. Also have to consider not everyone benefits from a 10s main stat buff the same. Some prioritize secondary stats instead, or can't make use of it's uptime, making it utter shit. Some players will obviously feel the need to have X-level, but sims can tell you how minor it truly is and the race won't be determined by how many arcways so and so did but how prepared players were, strats, splits, etc.

If you feel forced to play this game every day, you're a goon who needs to go outside
    Last edited by Toastyame; 2017-05-18 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Legion has actually had less content than all the other expansions except WoD.
    Like what, exactly? I played WoLK, Cataclysm, WoD, and now Legion. I don't remember any of the first three having more content than Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone else here think of WoW as just another hobby? Something you do when it's fun, move on when you get tired of it, come back when you're in the mood?

One of my other hobbies is trail running. I sometimes hear where some elite trail runner is retiring from competition, but I never think of that as affecting whether I feel like running today.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by laumotor View Post
    The problem is world first worth what for you in real life,i saw one of their application term is you need to let down you school or job few week or a month for gaming progression,it is insane...
    Basically. If I treated the game more seriously than a job for a long period I'd get burned out too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I've never really cared if top guilds disband. It has zero relevance to if I am or am not enjoying WoW.
    Agreed, never really cared and never will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    The guilds (correct me if i missed anyone)

Exorsus going casual
    From Scratch going casual
    Danish terrace stopped raiding
    Serenity disbanded
    Piecies
    Midwinter

Ðanish Terrace stopped raiding

Since Serenity is a hot topic right now i wonder what is the most common confirmed issue from those players/guilds that made them go casual or stop in general.

Is it the AP/Legendary system grind for mains, alts (switching alt to the main because better legendary has dropped.)
    Which causes general burnout while chasing ap/leg goals and feeling behind and under pressure more then ever because its a race. Compared to previous exp if u play less.

Or is it the feeling of being unrewarded for doing more content and not being in control like someone who did 500 dungeons and 8 legendaries collected not having BiS legendary while some newbie getting it as his 1st one. And of course feeling unrewarded from doing mythic which only provides 900-905 gear and 910 from Guldan. While u can get 905 from weekly chest. And a much higher chance of TitanForge from spamming m+.

Or maybe the most unfair thing people getting 925 Titanforges from LFR, NM etc with 0 effort, while mythic raiders spend countless hours progressing bosses and getting lesser reward.

P.S. Do you think the fact that top guilds are quitting (and this is a blow to wow raiding community) will be a wake up call for Blizzard that their system has some serious flaws or are they just going to ignore that since this is only top end guilds problems who make 0.0001% of player base.
    Last one.

Those people represent 0.1% of playerbase.

High visibility, but 0 representativity. They must be a bit concerned of course but will never change evereything for them. Never had, never will.

Deleted
    Top guilds are always quitting, gotta remember most of them have been raiding nonstop for years, and at a point you have to grow up and get on with real life commitments, if they are the key players of a guild, the guild is most likely going to stop raiding because they feel they can't recover from that loss.

Deleted
    I think it's just that the pool of players who can meet the requirements of such guilds has always been small and over the years is has slowly shrunk down, eventually it had to reach a point where there isn't a ready supply of new players anymore, which then in turn tends to aggravate already existing issues in guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Last one.

Those people represent 0.1% of playerbase.

High visibility, but 0 representativity. They must be a bit concerned of course but will never change evereything for them. Never had, never will.
    Well I'm fairly sure they know the problems this expansion are, they just were too late at fixing things.

Legendaries : They were quite blind when they said nobody would get benched for legendaries, people in top guilds were already getting benched for any disadvantage they got from the split runs? Person a has trinkets and 4set, person b wasn't lucky has 3set and 1 trinket, guess who the top guilds would bench for progression?

They should have thought out the legendary system better. There should have been less legendaries, like 5 per spec, and they should have been dropping at 2 week intervals from the start, it would still take you 30 weeks to collect all of them for every spec, right in time for the next tier patch to give an additional 5 per spec.

Artifact power : Great system, always something to do, but the problem is, it's not a fun system, it feels like you are being force fed in a gurney to desperately stay equal to your peers. There should have been a catch up system in terms of artifact power, so you didn't farm AP today? Tomorrow you far at 100% increased AP rate. Just something to give people a little room to play an alt without feeling like : oh god I could have farmed all this ap on my main.

Not saying top guilds are disbanding over these reasons, but it indirectly nerfs the player pool size because it scares more players away than it will bring in players into the raiding pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    The guilds (correct me if i missed anyone)

Exorsus going casual
    From Scratch going casual
    Danish terrace stopped raiding
    Serenity disbanded
    Piecies
    Midwinter

Ðanish Terrace stopped raiding

Since Serenity is a hot topic right now i wonder what is the most common confirmed issue from those players/guilds that made them go casual or stop in general.

Is it the AP/Legendary system grind for mains, alts (switching alt to the main because better legendary has dropped.)
    Which causes general burnout while chasing ap/leg goals and feeling behind and under pressure more then ever because its a race. Compared to previous exp if u play less.

Or is it the feeling of being unrewarded for doing more content and not being in control like someone who did 500 dungeons and 8 legendaries collected not having BiS legendary while some newbie getting it as his 1st one. And of course feeling unrewarded from doing mythic which only provides 900-905 gear and 910 from Guldan. While u can get 905 from weekly chest. And a much higher chance of TitanForge from spamming m+.

Or maybe the most unfair thing people getting 925 Titanforges from LFR, NM etc with 0 effort, while mythic raiders spend countless hours progressing bosses and getting lesser reward.

P.S. Do you think the fact that top guilds are quitting (and this is a blow to wow raiding community) will be a wake up call for Blizzard that their system has some serious flaws or are they just going to ignore that since this is only top end guilds problems who make 0.0001% of player base.
    Funny. I read a post exactly like this back in WOTLK.

Deleted
    raiding has some serious issues that started on previous expansion (titanforged) and increased a lot this expansion (nonstop grinding, titanforged). Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about the game so nothing will change

I cannot understand why the heck u care so much about that ? If u are not racing for world firsts why would we care ? If I stop raiding will you care ? And no it is not the AP or M+ grind , they just burned out , spending DAYS in wipes every single day , having 6 different characters and stuff will burn you out pretty fast .

Deleted
    Getting tiring the constant questing to be able to blame Blizzard...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what smart people predicted long time ago. One of long-term consequences of LFR. Players has no reason to go into proper raiding. And even less people go into top rading. So top guilds can't find anybody to replace their members.

I think it has little to nothing to do with Blizzard's design of the game and much more to do with the politics, effort, stress and pressure required for being a "top end" raiding guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    That's exactly what smart people predicted long time ago. One of long-term consequences of LFR. Players has no reason to go into proper raiding. And even less people go into top rading. So top guilds can't find anybody to replace their members.
    Ah well, a small price to pay for millions more people being able to access Blizzard's content.

The big thing is it is just a game. Nobody "requires" you to do anything or forces you to do anything. Or at least not on Blizzard's end. That is the community and the high-end raider's "forcing" people to have set AP levels, certain legendary's, set number of alts and so on, so forth. Yes the grind is difficult but its not really that difficult or bad unless you're in one of those "high-end", uber mythic guilds that set all these crazy standards. As far as it effecting the 'community" of WoW, why would the top 1% player-base effect the other 99%? I'm mean sure its cool to see how long it took those mythic power guilds to down the bosses but it honestly has no effect whatsoever on me or my playstyle. I don't even think I've even seen any of them in the game so unless I see a video of it I never even see the look of their characters or witness/experience their over the top playstyle.