Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

Her going to hell really irritates me to the max. It doesn't make burning her alive right, but it proves that the extreme reactions of the church are not completely baseless. Make the wrong decision and its eternal suffering for you.
    Or, or...

Maybe dont hook up a big daddy vampire.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

just finished watching season 3, loved it.

I think i am in love with Lenore. What a piece of work in more ways than one.

Was considering perhaps giving them a go on ps4.
    never played any of them before and have no idea where to start.
    Last edited by sircaw; 2020-04-13 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    just finished watching season 3, loved it.

I think i am in love with Lenore. What a piece of work in more ways than one.

Was considering perhaps giving them a go on ps4.
    never played any of them before and have no idea where to start.
    Symphony of the Night is a classic if you haven't played that one yet
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I will check it out thank you.

10+ Year Old Account

yay , super pumped. I was looking forward to this season seeing how season 3 left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

yay , super pumped. I was looking forward to this season seeing how season 3 left off.
    Fucking HYPE.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Looks like I'll be resubbing to Netflix after taking a few months off. I was mixed on Season 3, but Season 4 looks pretty good. And that sounded like Claudia Black talking to Alucard. I could listen to her read the phone book.

Give it to me....

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So I have this in my Netflix queue and I’m considering watching it, but I really dislike anime. I’m not against watching adult cartoons, thou.

Is it like, full-blown anime or it could it pass for, idk, a hybrid type?
    depends on what you mean by "anime" that covers a broad range of animation with many different styles/genres.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So I have this in my Netflix queue and I’m considering watching it, but I really dislike anime. I’m not against watching adult cartoons, thou.

I would consider the animation style american.

It's not Anime... that's like saying American animations such as X-men and Spawn are Anime... :|

your statement is a bit weird,you are not against adult cartoons but you dislike animes?but by far most animes are adult orientated or at the very least young adults

do you mean you dislike the specific style of japanese animation?

and castlevania is made by a british dude,its very much western

however ironicaly the original castlevania was made in japan hah

I guess I don’t enjoy Japanese-style anime. The characters are always kinda creepy looking cause they look like children, and I also don’t enjoy all the flashes and fast movement.
    hehe the flashy and fast movement is true for sure,but i dont understand how young people or young looking equals creepy to you,that statement in of itself is creepy to me haha

also check this scene out,you really dislike THIS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4H...nnel=LordTitan

literaly nothing in the west even comes close to this,and its not just animation,its also in their comic artists,check out some of the best looking manga
    Last edited by deenman; 2021-05-03 at 02:27 AM.

I hate anime. It's anime, but not anime. The looks are thin, angular, and darkly gothic. None of that weird Japanese humor either. It's a violent action-horror cartoon.

It's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I hate anime. It's anime, but not anime. The looks are thin, angular, and darkly gothic. None of that weird Japanese humor either. It's a violent action-horror cartoon.

It's a lot of fun.
    Japanese anime also has plenty of violent action-horror,ghotic darkly etc etc stuff,its like saying you dislike art in general as a concept,anime is broad,i dont like the overly cutesy/romance/comedy japanese stuff either,but some of the most dark/tragic story telling i have seen has been from japan

Pretty much characters that look like your avatar. It’s just weird to me, especially when they over-sexualize them, like the women making moaning sounds when they get hit or cast spells, etc.

It’s not something I want to watch.
    Oh i dont like the fanservice stuff either and the exagerated sexualization,but thats just a tiny portion of japanese animes,there are plenty of dark gritty stuff to find with no fanservice and mature looking characters,also japanese people in general look younger

also my avatar is one of the fictional charlemagne's paladins,how do you not like it?i think it looks spiffy! >_<

Yeah, this is what grabbed my attention. I’m gonna start it tonight cause I love gothic vampire type stuff.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/32/Vampire

https://myanimelist.net/anime/777/Hellsing_Ultimate

hellsing ultimate,if you like vampires,you have to check this out,it doesnt get more gritty and not cute lol

Yeah, this is what grabbed my attention. I’m gonna start it tonight cause I love gothic vampire type stuff.
    Vampire D is one of the best looking Gothic-Horror animes from way back in 2000;

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I don’t enjoy Japanese-style anime. The characters are always kinda creepy looking cause they look like children, and I also don’t enjoy all the flashes and fast movement.
    I understand you might not know, but that still covers a very broad range of styles.

And more often than not they look like kids cause in most of these shows they are. Usually high schoolers depending on the show.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    anime is broad,
    No doubt. However, I dislike the vast majority I have seen actively and in passing. The style of storytelling, most of the actual aesthetic as well, and presentation are utterly unappealing to me. This shit does not appeal to me at all for the most part.

Starts off a little slow and somewhat disjointed, but it starts to fill you in over the course of the show.