Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have concordance on Elemental and Resto

I'll have it on Enhance for 7.2....I'm not married to a spec, all three for us are fun so I'll do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    I have concordance on Elemental and Resto

I'll have it on Enhance for 7.2....I'm not married to a spec, all three for us are fun so I'll do whatever.
    unless there's no aoe, then no elemental shaman is having fun on a single target, unless your idea of fun is being carried hard.

Yeah im extremely dissapointed in the Ele changes. We are borderline bad now with our only saving grace being our AOE. Now we are just going to be crap. I have been playing Ele since cata so I know how to play it no matter what the Devs say. If Ele isnt broke now it sure will be in 7.2.5.

The question is though, what are they going to do?
    Increase Flame Shock damage by 30%, Earth Shock damage by 20% and LvB / LB damage by 10% would help a lot. As they said, they only need to do some tuning. Just increase the baseline damage of our ST skills and it will be fine.

Deleted
    Just increase the baseline damage of our ST skills and it will be fine.
    No, it won't. The biggest problem with elemental is no reliability in damage output, small numerical buffs to a few spells won't fix anything.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Just go enha like the cool kids
    Theres a really big flaw with your plan.

Enhance sucks to. Ele and Enhance are both kinda putting the house on "Tuning" and we all know how that goes.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2017-06-06 at 01:12 PM.

I'm over here with my Elemental main thinking we have it good...

Other classes have tons of mechanical problems, the only problems we have are tuning problems. If you can even call them "problems" to begin with, you can't buff a spec without making a different spec useless.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I'm over here with my Elemental main thinking we have it good...

Other classes have tons of mechanical problems, the only problems we have are tuning problems. If you can even call them "problems" to begin with, you can't buff a spec without making a different spec useless.
    If you're raiding Mythic you're bottom of the meters except for 3 fights, our ST is terrible.

It's still a fun spec mechanically, I'll give you that, but its severely lacking in raids atm.

If you're raiding Mythic you're bottom of the meters except for 3 fights, our ST is terrible.

It's still a fun spec mechanically, I'll give you that, but its severely lacking in raids atm.
    yup and if you personally are not bottom and you're top 3, then gratz you're probably 75-95 percentile ele shaman raiding with 30 percentile mages/locks/warriors/DH's you literally play with some of the worst players, big fish, polluted retarded pond.

- - - Updated - - -

EQ buffed single target is now fixed!

Deleted
    EQ got nerfed, they explain it in a blue post, that it no longer benefits from haste.

I am so happy that i quit playing, i would be so mad, that they nerf a spec that is already under tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Stronlgy reminds of the Fiasco with the Elemental T10 Set Bonuses, if anyone remembers that.

Aside from that, the last few days for Elemental in a nutshell.

How to fix elemental going into 7.2.5: Nerf Earthquake dont scale with haste...

This also nerfs the new gold trait
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2017-06-06 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    How to fix elemental going into 7.2.5: Nerf Earthquake dont scale with haste...

This also nerfs the new gold trait
    Imo, keep the haste scaling on EQ and change the golden trait. Makebitbso ES can benefit from our mastery or our generators can proc a second time from mastery (making it a true successor to Multistrike). I know thats more eng on top of the tons we have, but it would at least boost our single target and air some.

Or shit, make the golden trait something that'd also benefit Icefury, since none of our other traits have really given it a boost. That way it's not just outright falling to the wayside. Maybe something that specifically boost the damage of "shock" spells.

Removing the haste scaling is fine. It completely eliminates the chance of EQ competing with ES on ST ever again. There were other ways they could have gone about that, but it does correct future problems.

What is not fine, however, is that Blizzard seems to have completely undercompensated EQ. Remember: We were only using EQ in the first place when we had heavy haste (at the minimum, 33.3%), not to mention that they've completely forgotten about Seismic Storm in this change.

EQ needs a much bigger buff and SS needs to either be buffed in damage as well or increased in proc rate (ideally the latter) to make up for having fewer EQ ticks. A suggestion: allow EQ to be spent from 50-100 Maelstrom, increasing tickrate according to resource spent. Now that ES and EQ will never compete again, Blizzard has room to make them both >very strong< (read: actual spenders) while deciding exactly how many targets each will be better at.

On the topic of ES: I do hope that the ES change was delayed because they're buffing it in a more interesting way than simply "5% damage increase". I think we have a problem in how Elemental Fury works with ES creating huge damage swings in how much an Earth Shock does, and hope they could at least look to address that.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2017-06-07 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Removing the haste scaling is fine. It completely eliminates the chance of EQ competing with ES on ST ever again. There were other ways they could have gone about that, but it does correct future problems.

What is not fine, however, is that Blizzard seems to have completely undercompensated EQ. Remember: We were only using EQ in the first place when we had heavy haste (at the minimum, 33.3%), not to mention that they've completely forgotten about Seismic Storm in this change.

EQ needs a much bigger buff and SS needs to either be buffed in damage as well or increased in proc rate (ideally the latter) to make up for having fewer EQ ticks. A suggestion: allow EQ to be spent from 50-100 Maelstrom, increasing tickrate according to resource spent. Now that ES and EQ will never compete again, Blizzard has room to make them both >very strong< (read: actual spenders) while deciding exactly how many targets each will be better at.

On the topic of ES: I do hope that the ES change was delayed because they're buffing it in a more interesting way than simply "5% damage increase". I think we have a problem in how Elemental Fury works with ES creating huge damage swings in how much an Earth Shock does, and hope they could at least look to address that.
    we need more rng so probably, ES always crits, but if it crits off your crit chance it refunds 50% maelstrom.

just kidding blizzard aren't that smart, they're complete morons we'll get completely under buffed and still be among the worst single target and mobility you've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    The biggest problem with elemental is no reliability in damage output, small numerical buffs to a few spells won't fix anything.
    I honestly do not understand how any elemental could not agree with this. The difference between a 3.1m ES crit and a withered-noodle 0.8m hit is just disgusting. EB not overloading nor critting hits for 500k, while a crit and overload brings this up to 1.6m for the EB and 1.4m for the overload. But eeeeeeey, this is just a minor dmg variance and it doesn't matter at all hehehehehehe cause we're just turreting a dummy hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Sure, no spec is perfect, but what class has the dmg variance we do? Nobody does. But what REALLY hurts elemental is the fact that we can't. do. SHIT. on movement. I'm just gonna list every caster because I'm honestly completely speechless at how some people cannot grasp how disgustingly bad elemental is at movement and micromovement in particular.

Spriest: pivot with instants like SW: P, VB, SW: D, PW: S. PW: S spends 1 gcd to give a ms buff that's faster than Ghost Wolf.

Boomkin: pivot with Dot refreshes, bank AP for double Starsurge for micromovement, Starfall. Displacer Beast, Disengage, Fly to ally at the cost of 2 gcds, Dash, Feral Affinity.

MM: pivot with Arcane Shot, Marked Shot, Multi-shot, MoC. Their Disengage has a talented speed boost, Cheetah is a sprint.

BM: lul why even list anything

Fire: pivot with Fire Blast, Pyros and Flamestrikes. Scorch for permanent movement and stacking ms buff. Not a huge dps loss, especially with belt. Double Shimmer which even ignores gcd.

Arcane: pivot with ArB. Move while using Evo and AM with talent. If not, Double Shimmer.

Frost: pivot with Brain Freeze procs, Ice Lances, Frozen Orbs, Blizzard during FO. Ice Floes for controlled micromovement, if not Double Shimmer.

Aff: pivot with Agony and Corruption, Life Tap. Demonic Circle if needed. Burning Rush for ms boost.

Demo: pivot with Doom refresh, Life Tap. Demonwrath for movement. Demonic Circle if needed. Burning Rush for ms boost.

Destruction: pivot with artifact ability, Conflagrate which has charges so you can bank, Life Tap, Rain of Fire. Demonic Circle. Burning Rush.

aaaand elemental: pivot with ES and FS, EQ and TM. GoW for jump, Ghost Wolf for ms.

We're slow at resource generation compared to ex Boomkin, we cannot bank it to spend ES on movement as we spend it all on cast. EQ is a meme. FS requires 20 MS and needs Elemental Focus. TM refresh lol, might as well not cast anything. GoW is awesome, but inferior to Hunter Disengage and Boomkin has more options. Ghost Wolf is a pathetic 30% ms and we spend a gcd to become silenced while moving; compare this to PW: S, Burning Rush, Cheetah, we've got the worst ability. Boomkin's got Dash in Cat Form, true, but they've got tons of other tools as well.

Movement is possible as elemental, but we're so heavily punished as there's no way to plan around it in a smart and planned manner. We're just useless when moving (unless we get LvB resets, but OH YAY another rng element!). Progressing on fights with micromovement just made me cry inside when I thought of what my alts could do if I had played those.

Sigh. Elemental is a meme-spec; it's all rng, zero control, horrible ST, no tools for micromovement, gets silenced on regular movement. How can you not see this?
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2017-06-07 at 03:34 AM.

We are pretty much fucked considering release candidate is on PTR now.

Elemental has been ignored the full cycle and gets a mechanical change this late when it should be only number tuning.
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2017-06-07 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the frost shock build help in movement encounters?

So ES buffed 180% it is a thing I guess.

Deleted
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=6#post-108

Holy mother of shit. Blizzard devs know 0 about the class - like 0 at all. There are some really impressive points being brought up by knowledgable shamans, but then devs say something like this: " and as far as we know it's in a good place"

And they flatout ignore the mastery dilemma which is hardcapped.

this is so pathetic, ele shaman is deader than dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    So ES buffed 180% it is a thing I guess.
    Source on that?