The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Complete Guardian Druid Challenge Talk Through [Mage Tower]

Hello champions,

I want to release my new guide about the guardian druid challenge, this is how you will get the new appearance that looks like a hulk bear form.

First, I managed to succeed the balance challenge on day one. I went for a vacation trip for over a month. As soon I got back I did the tank challenge as an off-spec.

This is a very frustrating one when you don’t have any guardian legendaries. It took me a lot of attempts. So, I decided to make a video that will point out every mechanics and how to counter them.

With patience and knowledge, you will earn this.

This guide is a complete walkthrough, with a talk over the video. You will see sample that cover every mechanics. So, it’s not like most guides that just show the kill.

In the first part, I will explain the mechanics of phase one and two. I will show the talents I used and the legendaries. I will also image the mechanics of all the adds you will encounter in this challenge.

On the second part, you will see my kill attempt.

On the information bellow the video, I will post my weakaura’s that I used. (on the YouTube page)

About the gear, I was @ ilvl 917, had two relics to buff my trash ability and used all consumables available to me.

The video took my a few hours to create, so please, be nice.

Feel free to ask anything ill try to help!

I hope you enjoy it and good luck champions!

Since when does ironfur help with mind rend? More armor doesn't help with magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    Since when does ironfur help with mind rend? More armor doesn't help with magic damage.
    lol wow that is really in the vid?

If you have the Tomb 4 piece bonus, you'll get 2.25 seconds shaved off your frenzied regen cooldown each time you use ironfur.

(Still, if the guide's saying to use it regardless of gear, it should be thrown in the trashcan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    If you have the Tomb 4 piece bonus, you'll get 2.25 seconds shaved off your frenzied regen cooldown each time you use ironfur.

(Still, if the guide's saying to use it regardless of gear, it should be thrown in the trashcan.)
    He says "use ironfur to lower the damage".

He says "use ironfur to lower the damage".
    Into the trash it goes, then.

(Though ironfur does work against Kruul's annihilate -- it just doesn't work against anything the inquisitor or his adds throw at you.)

1. not pulling Variss to Velen (makes p1 so much easier)

2. thinks mind rend is physical damage (it's shadow damage), ironfur does nothing

3. "drain life is cast on velen" wut?

4. thinks netherstomp is physical damage (it's fire damage), ironfur does nothing

5. cooldown rotation for annihilate is retarded, "2 stacks of ironfur, barkskin and rots for the first one" is insane overkill from a pure defensive view

6. recommends using dagger haft. I don't even...

7. uses orb at 75% hp, very effective ("don't panic, stay calm")

8. "try to remain at 60% rage" - that is so random, why, what?

9. his kill is such a bad attempt, only saved 1 orb in p1, doesn't focus/aggro the nether adds, nearly lets them kill velen

10. never used bash even once

11. recommends using prydaz, just why? it's a dps race, not a tank challenge. maybe that's the only legendaries he got, but that doesn't mean you should recommend suboptimal shit, didn't even mention any other legendaries

12. survival of the fittest and pulverize (full def), but also brambles...blood frenzy for example would give you much more rage for ironfur in p2 for annihilates (which is the only time you should actually use ironfur). you recommend not using SI in p1 at all, so why skill survival of the fittest? it won't give you a single additional SI if your first SI is on the second annihilate.

13. "use frenzied regeneration on cooldown" that's definitely not how you should use it, entirely wasted if you didn't take a bunch of damage in the last few seconds

14. stuff like https://youtu.be/WS4T5avCcdE?t=915, using swipe and non-gg moonfires and not pressing mangle for 15 seconds. ultimate garbage

15. guide is just a few months too late

The video took my a few hours to create, so please, be nice.
    It's hard being nice when your guide is mostly wrong/bad information in addition to bad play. If you had spent 5 minutes reading tooltips and/or any other guide, you'd know what deals magic/physical damage for example. You don't seem to know how to deal damage as guardian either. Your guide won't really help anyone, very, very far from "ultimate".

10+ Year Old Account
    Video promotion should be posted in the video thread (stickied). Thanks!