Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Congrats, if you're using that broad of a definition than probably a good 50-60% of all games would fall under this. Which is silly. That's the most broad description, but it's functionally meaningless given how vague it is.
    Most games these days are open world Action RPG's, doesn't change the fact that at the end, Anthem is also about Looting and Upgrading Equipment in a similar manner to other games of the same Genre.

Anthem more a linear progression system to simply do harder content) and is acquired differently (target farming with limb-breaks vs. literally just killing things because everything shares the same loot table).
    It's not progression I have issue with.

I haven't done a deep dive into gear, but it seems like Anthem will similarly have some big items that change up how you play your frame.
    It has yet to be seen IMO.

MH didn't invent action combat, either. Good lord dude.
    I never said they invented action combat.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-21 at 01:25 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What do we say to the god of death? Stop fucking pre-ordering games already!
    Not today, not today :P

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Most games these days are open world Action RPG's, doesn't change the fact that at the end, Anthem is also about Looting and Upgrading Equipment in a similar manner to other games of the same Genre.
    What? Based off what? This generation has definitely seen a lot more open world titles, but "most games"? I'd be curious to see the data to back that up.

It's not progression I have issue with.
    Never said it was wrong. I'm simply saying that you're incorrect in saying that progression between the two is very similar. It's not.

It has yet to be seen IMO.
    Fair, I'm largely assuming they'll have some big weapons that change up how powers work but I don't know for sure either way yet.

I never said they invented action combat.
    Then what "style" are you talking about? >.>

I call it "clunky yet good gameplay"

Its a special kind of clunkiness. The clunkiness itself is what makes it interesting

I think MH for playstation 2 was the first game i ever played like this.
    Extra points for clunkiness for attacks being made...with the analog stick!

What? Based off what? This generation has definitely seen a lot more open world titles, but "most games"? I'd be curious to see the data to back that up.
    Most Triple A games.

Never said it was wrong. I'm simply saying that you're incorrect in saying that progression between the two is very similar. It's not.
    I never said Progression between the two were the same, Action RPG's are heavily reliant on unique loot drops, or crafting equipment this game completely lacks unique loot like Monster Hunter and Destiny.

Fair, I'm largely assuming they'll have some big weapons that change up how powers work but I don't know for sure either way yet.
    Maybe, this is just first impressions for me, so far the game just feels an underwhelming copy and paste Third Person Shooter Destiny-Like Game with flying.

Also Major Missed Opportunity that you can't fly and shoot at the same time like

Weight and Feel of weapons, speed, running speed and animations etc..
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-21 at 02:20 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Stuff like this?
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-21 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post

Stuff like this?
    Will that change up how folks play? Because that seems like it's more just a static element damage debuff that buffs your abilities (for Storm they're all elemental damage abilities, correct?) than something that really meaningfully changes up your playstyle.

Will that change up how folks play? Because that seems like it's more just a static element damage debuff that buffs your abilities (for Storm they're all elemental damage abilities, correct?) than something that really meaningfully changes up your playstyle.
    When combo'd with other stuff it should. Those aren't the best examples. Let me find some more.

Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-02-21 at 02:40 AM.

The guns have more generic kind of abilities, some of which tend to benefit specific Javs more than others (like bonuses while hovering which is great for storm). Which makes sense since they're shared by all Javs.

The more unique stuff is on the javelin specific components, which even by default can be more game play changing.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I know im late to the party but jezus, for the first 15m i felt like i was playing a destiny 2 xpac.
    Did they mean to make this game be EXACTLY like that?

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    I know im late to the party but jezus, for the first 15m i felt like i was playing a destiny 2 xpac.
    It plays and feel nothing like Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    lmao.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-21 at 03:54 AM.

lmao.

Someone says "Plays and feels"

Makes a post about how it LOOKS.

Way to miss the point, bro.

snip
    And your point is...? You found 2 games that use exosuit/sci-fi gear and? You know how many games have those? They both are totally different in how they feel and how they play, its a fact, no matter how hard you try to push your agenda. If at least you said Warframe I'd say they are somewhat similar in how they play, minus the flying part. But Destiny 2?

1/10 try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Someone says "Plays and feels"

Makes a post about how it LOOKS.

Way to miss the point, bro.
    Why are you completely ignoring the "Feel" part?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    And your point is...? You found 2 games that use exosuit/sci-fi gear and? You know how many games have those? They both are totally different in how they feel and how they play, its a fact, no matter how hard you try to push your agenda.
    Opinions are Agendas now?

They both are totally different in how they feel and how they play
    No they aren't.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-21 at 04:08 AM.

Yes they are. One is first person shooter for once, with no flying. It rely heavily on weapon to do the damage, without any real abilities outside of your super. The other is third person, with flying and hover. The abilities come from various CD, some really short that can almost be spam, 3 of them plus an ultimate. It also have combos.

The only similarity is that they are both looter shooter in a sci fi world, thats it. They both play and feels (feels as how it feels to control the character, guess I have to explain that) totally different. I have 600 hours over on Destiny 2, and around 45 now on Anthem. Its not like I prefer one over the other, they are just totally different and so yes, you are wrong to say they arent.

Mass effect Andromeda is closer to Anthem than Destiny 2 in how it feels/plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's unfortunate this game was all hype with ---- well, i won 't say "no delivery ---- but like "more than half delivery"

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Mass effect Andromeda is closer to Anthem than Destiny 2 in how it feels/plays.
    Yet they still borrowed plenty from Destiny.

Regardless, this game was meant to be a competitor to Bungie's Destiny.

Destiny: Mass Effect Anthem Edition.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-21 at 04:53 AM.

Yet they still borrowed plenty from Destiny.

Regardless, this game was meant to be a competitor to Bungie's Destiny.

Destiny: Mass Effect Anthem Edition.
    Whelp, so far I'm having an infinitely better experience than I did with destiny 2 at launch. The game has more promise than destiny with what I've seen out of the devs the last few weeks. And they aren't going to charge for DLC where destiny charged 20$ a pop for absolute dogshit DLC.

So lookin' good so far on that competition.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    When i said slasher looter i meant Monster Hunter...the mainstream looter in Japan (not in the rest of world)

Basically i mean that the fact you are playing a "melee" game makes for a very interesting gameplay of avoiding mechanics and avoiding enemy animations.
    In a shooter you are ranged 100%.
    So...what that means is that it doesnt have the intricacies of avoiding animations...and mechanics.
    Because is all bullets flying around left and right.

And on top of that Monster Hunter has a lot of customization in gear. Abilities, healing, buffs, items, etc.

But im pretty sure someone else will find my comparison of Anthem to MH stupid...
    Ahhh, I see. Understood. For me, MHW was my favorite game of 2018. :-)