Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Speaking of strange brand defence bunkum EA started a "#gamechangers" program to basically get youtuber to be essentially shills for EA. Which kind of explains the befuddling recent "EA haters be all like going down on my bois EA" defence for videogames big bad. But now they are getting a rude wake up call this morning after giving anthem mediocre reviews -not yongyea tier clickbait but honestly just calling it mediocre- https://twitter.com/Ggdograa/status/1098885724303024128

EA is now taking their reviews down and blacklisting them entirely. This is sound damage control and totally wont just be more bad press. Nope. Everythings coming up millhouse.
    yea EA gamechangers are not allowed to say any negative or criticism about the game or they will be blacklisted and removed as an "EA gamechanger"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    But the real question is, how much do you value your time?

It's like watching the first season of a bad sitcom. I wouldn't do that even if it was free.
    This is a great point IMO, but only a fraction of the... players will get it. I think maybe the older ones since time tends to pass faster as you age and discretionary time shrinks when you have a full time job, wife, kids, other things that need doing daily

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Speaking of strange brand defence bunkum EA started a "#gamechangers" program to basically get youtuber to be essentially shills for EA. Which kind of explains the befuddling recent "EA haters be all like going down on my bois EA" defence for videogames big bad. But now they are getting a rude wake up call this morning after giving anthem mediocre reviews -not yongyea tier clickbait but honestly just calling it mediocre- https://twitter.com/Ggdograa/status/1098885724303024128

EA is now taking their reviews down and blacklisting them entirely. This is sound damage control and totally wont just be more bad press. Nope. Everythings coming up millhouse.
    Wait, whoa. That's real?

Holy shit that's a desperate move.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And they could get that 300m$ with 60$ boxes. But it is not enough for them. They want ∞m$ forever.
    It seems like you don't really know how large companies work.

If you invest heavily in a product do you just cross you fingers and hope you get a return on your investment? No. You try to make said product as safe a bet as possible.
    Companies like Zenimax, EA, Activision and Ubisoft are trying to make money not maybe make money. A game that has a large development cost is a very large risk and to counteract that they add some form of additional revenue stream be that in mtx, season pass or any other purchasable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I dunno. For free, I can play Apex Legends.

For $15 I could get Hollow Knight or Darkest Dungeon or any similar such game.

For $60, you're talking anything from Assassins Creed Odyssey to Red Dead Redemption 2 to Spider Man to God of War, right now. Most of these games are considered 9-10/10 games. Where would you rate Anthem compared to that?

If that's unfair, then I'll just use Monster Hunter World as a direct comparison:

It's a 1-4 player always online game, with a solo story, with a world to explore that's broken up into zones and has a gear, loot and difficulty progression system that is immaculate. There's a horde of weapons to choose from, each with unique play styles that can be adapted into rolls of tanking, ranged dps and melee dps, some of them with multiple uses and they change how you interact with enemies. Each weapon has different combos, often different types of resource management etc.

At launch, the game had about 15 times the content of Anthem, ranging from unique hunt's, time limited events, crossovers with other games featuring unique monsters and so on.

Anthem is a mediocre and incomplete game.
    And how long has MHW been out? Because iirc when it launched on PC it was an awful port and plagued by massive connectivity issues preventing multiplayer.

As I've already said earlier in this thread: Anthem is about a $30 game right now. For myself, I dropped $15 for the premium sub, and expect to get my money's worth.

People who paid full price have no drawback to just waiting for more bug fixes and content releases, since there's no monthly fee, and Bioware has clearly stated there won't be additional fees for DLC.

So what, exactly, is the complaint here? That you can play a F2P game with no story? Ok....great. You just compared a PVP battle royale to a purely PVE game.

Are there more polished games on the market for a similar price? Of course! Go play those until Anthem goes on sale, or cleans up to the point people feel it's ready. But don't fabricate reasons to score it lower than it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And how long has MHW been out? Because iirc when it launched on PC it was an awful port and plagued by massive connectivity issues preventing multiplayer.

As I've already said earlier in this thread: Anthem is about a $30 game right now. For myself, I dropped $15 for the premium sub, and expect to get my money's worth.

People who paid full price have no drawback to just waiting for more bug fixes and content releases, since there's no monthly fee, and Bioware has clearly stated there won't be additional fees for DLC.

So what, exactly, is the complaint here? That you can play a F2P game with no story? Ok....great. You just compared a PVP battle royale to a purely PVE game.

Are there more polished games on the market for a similar price? Of course! Go play those until Anthem goes on sale, or cleans up to the point people feel it's ready. But don't fabricate reasons to score it lower than it deserves.
    I don't think he's the one giving it low scores. That's the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes.

No.

But the real question is, how much do you value your time? Do you want to waste 20-40 hours on a subpar adventure that doesn't seem to have much of a future to it?

It's like watching the first season of a bad sitcom. I wouldn't do that even if it was free.
    No, it's like watching a sci fi show in its first season you didnt enjoy because you wanted to watch a different story. That doesn't mean no one else likes it, or that they're wasting their time.

I haven't put any of Anthem's bugs against it in my comparisons.

Fact of the matter is, in 6 months from now, Anthem still won't be worth $60.

They've already shown us its post launch production path and it's weak at best, if they're even allowed to implement it all by EA.

You're literally saying don't score it lower than it deserves, but your only defence is the ideal that in a year's time it may be more worthwhile playing and scoring higher.

Again, ignoring the bugs, it's a mediocre game and deserves to be reviewed as such.

The game has been in development since before Destiny 1 if what we're lead to believe is true. Does the game need another decade of development before we can review it or discuss it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It tells me those kind of people will magically thinking reviews and YouTube videos now think all that shit is just hating on EA. I mean, we got a guy calling people sheeple over mentioning the scores it gets.
    Anyone who just reads metacritic and doesn't bother to form their own opinion, then goes on to repeat that the game is bad without ever actually playing it or doing any critical or objective thinking is an idiot. Sheeple is the right name for that.

Anyone who just reads metacritic and doesn't bother to form their own opinion, then goes on to repeat that the game is bad without ever actually playing it or doing any critical or objective thinking is an idiot. Sheeple is the right name for that.
    I played the demo. Big resounding meh. 6/10. I'd play it randomly if someone gifted it. I don't even want to rent it, much less buy it.

But anyway. Is there some irony in calling people sheeple for not mindlessly loving a game?

Anyone who plays Warframe tried Anthem? How does it compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

EDIT: Btw, it definitely deserves a better review score than FO76.. like seriously. The only exception might be a completely clueless casual person that expected different from Bethesda and Bioware because of their previous games, that is the only excuse I would somehow let slip. And even then the person is largely at fault for not putting in any research, since it was obvious for both games that the story would be subpar. But even then Anthem at least runs properly for the most part, which can't be said about the FO76 shit show. Not to mention that FO76 is also largely an asset flip.
    Im probably letting my temper get the better of me because of how unreasonable some people in the thread are being. I apologize for that.

It's just that I'm sitting here playing the game on and off while reading this thread and not seeing the problems people claim the game has. Im running on Win7 on a nearly 2 year old PC, and my load times are maybe 5-6 seconds. The game runs smoothly, has only crashed once when I alt-tabbed during a loading screen, and the cash shop is one of the most non-intrusive versions I've seen in a game.

The story so far has been fairly interesting, the gameplay is amazing(with some weakness in the encounters. See my discussion a few pages back with Baconeggcheese), and Im earning coin at a decently fair rate.

So when I see people coming up with nonsense like "It's worse than FO76!" or "It's a cash shop with a game skin front" it irritates me. And that comes out in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Warframe has a better upgrade path and better cosmetics, kinda similar otherwise, Anthem has vastly better graphics, but is more shallow overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They might not have attachmeng to the IP itself, but Biodrones will defend anything with a certain logo in its opening splashes.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it has nothing to do with some kind of idiotic loyalty to a game studio, or rampant fanaticism.

I'm just trying to be objective. I've said multiple times now than Anthem isn't perfect. It has some flaws, and isn't really worth $60.

But that's NOT the same as accepting that it's a broken game, or as bad as FO76. Or somehow a terrible ripoff because it didn't have 10 years of polished content at launch for free without any MTX.

People are acting like this is Battlefront 2 all over again. It's ridiculous. It's an echo chamber of salt and hate that doesn't appear to be based in reality.

Im probably letting my temper get the better of me because of how unreasonable some people in the thread are being. I apologize for that.

It's just that I'm sitting here playing the game on and off while reading this thread and not seeing the problems people claim the game has. Im running on Win7 on a nearly 2 year old PC, and my load times are maybe 5-6 seconds. The game runs smoothly, has only crashed once when I alt-tabbed during a loading screen, and the cash shop is one of the most non-intrusive versions I've seen in a game.

The story so far has been fairly interesting, the gameplay is amazing(with some weakness in the encounters. See my discussion a few pages back with Baconeggcheese), and Im earning coin at a decently fair rate.

So when I see people coming up with nonsense like "It's worse than FO76!" or "It's a cash shop with a game skin front" it irritates me. And that comes out in my posts.
    It's just as fair here as people talking about horse armor there. Plus, it shouldn't bother you it's rated lower if you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I haven't played Warframe in almost 2 years but if I would compare Anthem to what Warframe was like back then I'd say they're quite similar in parts.

Endgame in Warframe and Anthem is an endless grind of certain missions. For Anthem it's contracts, freeplay and Strongholds while in Warframe it was the orokin void and your daily missions. Warframe is "easier" at the very apex of endgame while Anthem has the GM 1-3 difficulties (added damage and health to mobs) that will prolong the endgame if you like that kind of progression.

Warframe has a bigger pool of stuff to farm for, be it new frames or new weapons. Granted this might take quite a lot of time and might not be fun to some people who abhor mindless grind. By mindless I'm mostly thinking of the fact that there's almost no difficulty involved with Warframe after a certain point since you one-shot everything and you're basically unkillable.

The social aspect of Warframe is leagues better. Not much more to add here since Anthem is quite barebone when it comes to this at the moment. Bioware has mentioned that they are thinking of adding things in the social sphere but at this moment they are TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    I haven't played Warframe in almost 2 years but if I would compare Anthem to what Warframe was like back then I'd say they're quite similar in parts.

Endgame in Warframe and Anthem is an endless grind of certain missions. For Anthem it's contracts, freeplay and Strongholds while in Warframe it was the orokin void and your daily missions. Warframe is "easier" at the very apex of endgame while Anthem has the GM 1-3 difficulties (added damage and health to mobs) that will prolong the endgame if you like that kind of progression.

Warframe has a bigger pool of stuff to farm for, be it new frames or new weapons. Granted this might take quite a lot of time and might not be fun to some people who abhor mindless grind. By mindless I'm mostly thinking of the fact that there's almost no difficulty involved with Warframe after a certain point since you one-shot everything and you're basically unkillable.

The social aspect of Warframe is leagues better. Not much more to add here since Anthem is quite barebone when it comes to this at the moment. Bioware has mentioned that they are thinking of adding things in the social sphere but at this moment they are TBD.
    You mean like the most basic of things in multiplayer games such as text chat?

If you have to be "TBD" as you put it on the literally main form of communication in these kinds of games then I just gotta laugh at Bioware for that.

And don't give me the "muh toxicity" stuff. It's a damn sight better than voice chat and listening to some random kid screeching down their microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Again, ignoring the bugs, it's a mediocre game and deserves to be reviewed as such.
    Which is fine. I have no problem if that's what people were doing. But they're not. Many youtubers and review sites are shitting on it hardcore. The aforementioned "Its as bad as FO76" reference.

Look, this is about the 6th or 7th time I've said this: Right now Anthem is about a $30 game. It's definitely worth the $15 price, considering what's available now likely won't last a month anyway.

Or just wait and don't buy it. That's not a defense. That's pragmatic advice. Wait and see. The part about "If you already paid $60" was more of the same. In effect: "sorry you got burned on the full price, but further improvements won't cost you anything like so many other season pass or paid-DLC games".

Anyone saying it's as bad as 76 is full of nonsense.

Fallout 76 lied to it's players, released in an absolutely appalling state that made FF14 1.0 look like a good game, has no meat to the game and quite frankly should have just been a multiplayer DLC for 4. That game is a prime example of a game not worth £60.

This game is not worth £60 either. However saying it's in the same or a worse state than 76 is flat out disingenuous. I mean it's a bad game. But not as bad as some of the games of 2018 like 76, Metal Gear Survive or that piece of crap TWD game by Overkill.

But anyway. Is there some irony in calling people sheeple for not mindlessly loving a game?
    Who is doing that, though? I hope that wasn't aimed at me. Because if it was, you haven't been actually understanding what I've been saying.

- - - Updated - - -

I played the demo. Big resounding meh. 6/10. I'd play it randomly if someone gifted it. I don't even want to rent it, much less buy it.

Btw, I'd agree with you on the demo. It wasn't good. But the current state of the game has cleaned up quite a lot.