10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Imo the fact that Legendaries/MasterWorks always give the same base bonus, and the only difference is in the random affixes is a bit underwhelming, especially when a lot of affixes are flat out useless or meh.

I have a Primer masterworks which increase all Elemental Damage by 100%. On my Storm. How could anything else beat this ? And this shit competes with the only Legendary I have, but it has poor affixes (like +ammo or +5% rifle damage).
    Ye, I agree they do need changing. I think the Masterworks can stay as they are, they have the unique extra innate, but the Legendaries should be changed to be totally unique.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    He's not saying he want it to just be a Destiny clone... he's saying that he wishes the gun-play felt more rewarding. Rather than just being boring filler, it should compliment your abilities. Not just something you do to fill the time between ability usage.
    In GM levels Masterwork guns seem to do more damage then most masterwork and legendary Abilities making GM more about Guns then spamming abilities...

Gunplay IMO was not that fun to begin with already made worse by inconsistent Spawning enemies, making abilities less useful in GM levels it also speaks volume to how many useless Abilities there are in the game.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-02-26 at 11:44 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well I am pretty sure that EAware will support Anthem for a good year, after that - who knows. After all it's not a first looter game that launched with big issues to see itself turned around after year(s) of work.

I do think that given time Anthem can be good. It has good core ideas, even if it is tied down by terribad execution on multiple fronts.
    I think Anthem is kinda donezo with all that reception and competition. EA will push Bioware to focus on DA4, and the cycle will repeat.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-02-26 at 11:45 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    In GM levels Masterwork guns seem to do more damage then most masterwork and legendary Abilities making GM more about Guns then spamming abilities...

Gunplay IMO was not that fun to begin with already made worse by inconsistent Spawning enemies, making abilities less useful in GM levels it also speaks volume to how many useless Abilities there are in the game.
    Abilities are not less useful in GM. I one shot normal mobs with my Q/E combo. Even shielded snipers I kill in two hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Abilities are not less useful in GM. I one shot normal mobs with my Q/E combo. Even shielded snipers I kill in two hits.
    Most Abilities.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most Abilities.
    You either haven't played GM, or you are doing something wrong. I have a legendary Shotgun I only use for funs and giggles. The only time I rely on my gun is when I can't be in melee with something. And my Q/E combo destroys stuff.

You either haven't played GM, or you are doing something wrong.
    You're doing something wrong when you haven't tried out Masterwork Legendary Abilities that are useless which are plentiful in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're doing something wrong when you haven't tried out Masterwork Legendary Abilities that are useless which are plentiful in the game.
    What the hell are you on about? Use something that isn't useless then? Most abilities are more than fine in GM, even in GM2. I have zero problems killing stuff with my abilities.

Use something that isn't useless then?
    I guess you're still ignoring criticism that most legendary/masterwork abilities in the game are useless in comparison to Masterwork Guns.

I have zero problems killing stuff with my abilities.
    Not the point.

Most abilities are more than fine in GM, even in GM2.
    Most aren't.

Regarding the Storm, I have tried 3 combinations with the Masterwork I've got so far, so 6 abilities out of the 12 available for the Storm, and they're all doing their job just fine. That's nice though, so you can actually use the combination you prefer over the "meta" one which just hits harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Regarding the Storm, I have tried 3 combinations with the Masterwork I've got so far, so 6 abilities out of the 12 available for the Storm, and they're all doing their job just fine.
    No there are abilities and weapons that clearly outclass others and are useless in GM levels in comparison.

No there are abilities and weapons that clearly outclass others and are useless in GM levels in comparison.
    Ok then.

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there are, that is the case in almost any game. Destiny had the same problem where everyone ran the same weapons. Yes, some abilities need buffs but they are FAR from useless. I one shot mobs with my E detonator that take me THREE shots from my legendary shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on a javelin. Storm can overclock abilities to really serious extent, but as Ranger? In my video above with Ember's Lance - that's about as much as ability goes - and that one ability is MW that rolled +175% gear damage.

I have alternative build with impact damage and it does like 40k single shotgun shots or 30k 3 shot Marksman Rifle burst in weak points. Compared to that my grenade does like what... 12k at 11 second cd? Yeahh.

That Ember's Lance is a saving grace for Ranger, does like 100k damage full channel with Impact build. No other ability comes even close. Like Legendary Pulse Blast does what 20k? That's not even comparable to a simple gun dps at that point.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-02-26 at 12:02 PM.

I have alternative build with impact damage and it does like 40k single shotgun shots or 30k 3 shot Marksman Rifle burst in weak points. Compared to that my grenade does like what... 12k? Yeahh.
    The balance is completely out of place, Masterwork/Legendary guns seem to be more reliable and consistent (in damage output) then masterwork/legendary abilities.

GM Shifts toward more Gun Focused game play over Ability Spam.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course there are, that is the case in almost any game. Destiny had the same problem where everyone ran the same weapons. Yes, some abilities need buffs but they are FAR from useless. I one shot mobs with my E detonator that take me THREE shots from my legendary shotgun.
    Most legendary/masterwork abilities become near useless when it can't keep up with Damage Output of other Masterwork/Legendary guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    The balance is completely out of place, Masterwork/Legendary guns seem to be more reliable and consistent then masterwork/legendary abilities.

GM Shifts toward more Gun Focused game play over Ability Spam.
    Yep, easily. GM2 you simply need gun damage and it's where the most damage will come from, simply because trying to poke shit with abilities can only do so much.

Again except for maybe Storm, but the best Storm damage build is still a bloody gun based with Herald and pseudo hover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, easily. GM2 you simply need gun damage and it's where the most damage will come from, simply because trying to poke shit with abilities can only do so much.

Again except for maybe Storm, but the best Storm damage build is still a bloody gun based with Herald and pseudo hover.
    Isn't that though why you have guns? Otherwise, what's the point of having them in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    amazon uk also sells it for 35 pounds now down from 50
    Really? Because for me it`s 47 pounds to 59 pounds, depending on the platform on amazon.co.uk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that though why you have guns? Otherwise, what's the point of having them in the first place?
    Better question why have abilities then. My best ability in a build that buffs the shit out of it does not outdo simple running and gunning. And that best ability is head and shoulders above the rest by a good 3 times the damage.

So I instead just run with some acid for pure debuff for more gunning and grenade is frost for cc. Simply because ability damage is so shit might as well take utility and be done with it.

Isn't that though why you have guns?
    Isn't that why you abilities?