Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Physical sales are important to the console market like coal power is is important to power generation.
    Right now? Yes. And we're talking about "right now". We're not talking about the market in 5-10 years when digital likely takes over, we're talking about today.

Physical sales are important to the console market like coal power is is important to power generation.
    Unless you live in countries like France, a huge chunk of your power comes from the coal. Analogy fail.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Equating the Coal Industry to Video game Physical Sales. LMAO.

You seem like you have no clue what you're talking about and or debating in bad faith. Ignored.
    You seem to have no clue what I'm talking about. As I've said before, physical sales are not the focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Right now? Yes. And we're talking about "right now". We're not talking about the market in 5-10 years when digital likely takes over, we're talking about today.
    As previously linked it iis the now. For non-AAA games, digital >= physical. AAA on a whole is 75/25 in the UK. It's 60/40 for EA. For other titles it's 50/50. All of this is still a lag measure. So any games coming out in 2019 or later would still be better to focus on digital sales, rather than physical (and the company has additional financial incentive to do so).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Unless you live in countries like France, a huge chunk of your power comes from the coal. Analogy fail.
    And even in the US where it is 27.8% of the grid in 2018, down from 30% in 2017, and down from 39% in 2014. Yes, it is there, and a significant part of the current makeup. But it isn't the focus, nor should it be. It's also likely a strong bet that 2019 will have it drop below 27.8%.

Understanding fail on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Minor spoiler, i would say that Owen betrays you, steals the javelin of Dawn and joins the Dominion

Now that's a spoiler!!
    Hardly a spoiler It was really obvious Owen would betray you once the whole 'no, you cant be a freelancer' thing got mentioned. The only question was how
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Look at it this way was he roflstomping other players? No since it is not that sort of game.. Also EA/Bioware must of had a reason to unban him for what he was doing, and in the end with what he was doing, shows all that is wrong with Anthem simple as that..
    PvE games have banned people before. Bioware has banned people before for PvE multiplayer. Mass Effect 3 had several ban waves for people found cheating. Anthem is essentially an evolution of that co-op style play. It likely wasn't a ban but a suspension. For someone who is self proclaimed expert on this topic you don't even understand something like a penalty volcano?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Man this thread likes to talk about everything except the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Some people in this thread have a really unhealthy obsession with a game they seem to hate so much.
    Its the oddest thing, I'm used to people acting like the authority of every game that comes out on this sub... but never people who have not played and have no intention of touching the game. Its such a silly concept.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Yep...

By the way... Live stream tomorrow to discuss upcoming patch notes at 3 CST. I expect a patch to drop Thursday.
    I forget when they said but they have a mid march patch that's supposed to be either the 12th or the 14th or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hardly a spoiler It was really obvious Owen would betray you once the whole 'no, you cant be a freelancer' thing got mentioned. The only question was how
    I was pretty bummed with how his story played out. He was a great char initially, the betrayal was obvious but serviceable, but then a few missions later he just shows back up trying to win back our friendship. Like what? Got whiplash from how fast the turn around was there, and then his face is all screwed up and it was the perfect moment for him to go super villain but at least from what I caught thus far... nope. Just wants to build back up to being pals.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It was obvious there would be some sort of drama but I expected it would be him getting into trouble again, I actually thought we would give him the legendary suit as I expected it to need a cypher to pilot. I definitely didn't think he would betray us at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I gave a run down of what I thought a few pages back but people were more interested in discussing digital vs. boxed sales.

As I've said before, physical sales are not the focus.
    When it comes to Consoles they are.
    So any games coming out in 2019 or later would still be better to focus on digital sales
    Yet you're completely ignoring that Physical Game Sales are a huge portion of Console Game Sales still.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

When it comes to Consoles they are. Bad Faith Posters are bad.
    Coming from someone who is continually ignoring actual industry data instead of cherry picked data as well as industry trends, that's rich.

Coming from someone who is continually ignoring actual industry data.
    I'm not.

Data Says Console Boxed Games still Matter. Why are you consistently ignoring Data?

cherry picked data
    You mean Data you're ignoring?

Overall, 66 percent of console users preferred physical games, compared to just 29 percent of PC players. Meanwhile, only 34 percent would rather pick up a digital game on console while a whopping 71 of PC users prefer digital copies over physical.
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...er_digital.php

industry trends
    I already said It's trending toward Digital.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-05 at 11:50 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It was obvious there would be some sort of drama but I expected it would be him getting into trouble again, I actually thought we would give him the legendary suit as I expected it to need a cypher to pilot. I definitely didn't think he would betray us at that point.
    Friend I was playing with started saying that he 100% suspected someone was going to betray us there and my other friend thought it was going to be Faye while the rest of us were like... no way it isn't Owen they've been foreshadowing him wanting a suit forever and we're about to go get the ultimate suit...

I gave a run down of what I thought a few pages back but people were more interested in discussing digital vs. boxed sales.
    It didn't take me very long to realize which new names not to respond to... other people seem to be taking a little longer to realize...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Its the oddest thing, I'm used to people acting like the authority of every game that comes out on this sub... but never people who have not played and have no intention of touching the game. Its such a silly concept.

I forget when they said but they have a mid march patch that's supposed to be either the 12th or the 14th or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I was pretty bummed with how his story played out. He was a great char initially, the betrayal was obvious but serviceable, but then a few missions later he just shows back up trying to win back our friendship. Like what? Got whiplash from how fast the turn around was there, and then his face is all screwed up and it was the perfect moment for him to go super villain but at least from what I caught thus far... nope. Just wants to build back up to being pals.
    I think we're going to get a patch tomorrow with a lot of bugfixes and Legendary missions. I think we're also going to get another patch on the 12th with more bugfixes and Elysian caches.

This is mostly based on the fact they've done a patch every Thursday since Early Access and it doesn't take 2 weeks to edit patch notes.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-06 at 12:27 AM.

Digital and Physical sales are 50/50 on console. That is with taking into account small budget games that are digital only as well as DLC/MTX purchases that are also digital only. You take those out and only account for games that have a physical release and the sales are still heavily skewed toward physical...

If you really think physical sales on consoles don't mean much you simply aren't paying attention to the numbers. Don't try to goal post move or talk about "DA FUTURE!" we're talking right now, and even at current rate of digital growth in the console space you're not looking at physical sales being irrelevant for a decade or longer. Hell for JP publishers it might even be 2 decades since they even vastly skew to physical far more then the western companies like Ubisoft and EA do even.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Digital and Physical sales are 50/50 on console. That is with taking into account small budget games that are digital only as well as DLC/MTX purchases that are also digital only. You take those out and only account for games that have a physical release and the sales are still heavily skewed toward physical...

If you really think physical sales on consoles don't mean much you simply aren't paying attention to the numbers. Don't try to goal post move or talk about "DA FUTURE!" we're talking right now, and even at current rate of digital growth in the console space you're not looking at physical sales being irrelevant for a decade or longer. Hell for JP publishers it might even be 2 decades since they even vastly skew to physical far more then the western companies like Ubisoft and EA do even.
    To add on to your point if you don't mind.

Physical sales are alive and well in AA gaming and in small budget remasters. To the point where company's like Adult Swim are doing budget physical releases like Death's Gambit.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/deaths-gambit/167526

Until Internet improves greatly we won't have a all digital/streaming future. The net in the US is shit and its going to stay shit for the foreseeable future.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Latest fun build.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Latest fun build.
    Balanced lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The net in the US is shit and its going to stay shit for the foreseeable future.
    Depends on where you are, we have pretty damn good net here, but my mother up north has shit internet. Part if it is places that should have better net that don't because of whatever, the other part is the US is so damn big. There's places that won't have good net for who knows how long.

That said, physical still being big in consoles has just as much to do the the net situation as it does with prices. Digital PC games tend to be able to be found super cheap, but even on grey sites Console games are still expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Balanced lol.
    Balance is overrated, gimme fun over balance any day : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Balance is overrated, gimme fun over balance any day : P
    Perfect balance IMO is imbalance.

You mean Data you're ignoring?
    You mean the new data you keep linking while brushing off the other data linked? Why should I care about your sources if you aren't going to care about mine? You are leading off by being dishonest, then calling me dishonest.

I already said It's trending toward Digital.
    So if you agree that it's trending and your own data says it's 5-10% a year. It's at worst 5 years assuming just last years rate of change, but since the rate of change has been increasing each year, you're likely looking at 2-3. And this is still just using survey data, not actual reported data.

Using actual data, the split is already here for some AAA games, and closer that what Nielsen states. I would not expect any game released 2019 onward to focus on physical. Everything will be geared to digital, with physical being secondary. Destiny 2 is as close as a comparable to Anthem for type / style of game, and it's a 50/50 split.

Digital sales for Anthem will also be under reported, due to Origin Premium.