Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Exactly, throwing around blanket statements trying to speak for Bioware is just silly, you don't even know what's intended, what's an oversight and what's a bug, especially in such hot mess of a game like Anthem.
    I mean there are people genuinely saying the bricking of consoles is the console devs fault.

The hell did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    It'll probably be a change to how cooldowns work, so that the cooldown only begins the moment the skill ends like it should've been from the start. I agree that it is unlikely they will nerf Speed overly much (they might add diminishing returns however).
    Actually the thing is why this happens is very simple, the ability with charges which Spark Beam is with its 10 charges works like this - the recharge begins immediately as you spend one charge, because after all you can just tap it once and do a single blast of damage.

So what happens here is that there is about 0.3 seconds window before next charge is used and during this time regeneration starts, but is interrupted and reset by next charge being used. With enough +speed% you have just enough recharge reduction to finish full single charge recharge in that 0.3s window, which results in this behavior.

Even the math checks out because about 220% +speed results in a single charge recharging just at a bit lower than 0.3s, so you are just in time there with recharge. That’s why this and Frost Shards (that need only 50% speed) is not a bug, but at worst oversight OR who knows - even maybe intended exactly because Frost Shards is so easy to pull out with this and either they did not test speed at all with Storm or they did and it was as they expected.

That’s why talking about how something is a bug, when it’s not a bug 100% is silly. It is working as intended, ability starts recharging as soon as charge is spent and finishes recharging before you manage to use next charge and interrupt the process. Oversight or Intended - pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean there are people genuinely saying the bricking of consoles is the console devs fault.

The hell did you expect?
    If the console is actually being bricked then hell yeah it's the console maker's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

The hell did you expect?
    First off, there still isn't any actual evidence of real bricking. It's just people not understanding how to reset their console from a crash. And while a crash is still pretty bad, it's not bricking.

Second, I highly recommend watching Bellular's video on the subject, since he's got a decent background in software development, and a pretty objective view and explanation of the situation.

Made a stasis/ponder electric storm build.
    Currently doing 120k stasis chain crits.

Need some better rolls, but it feels good.

Also ponder has 2 charges ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the thing is why this happens is very simple, the ability with charges which Spark Beam is with its 10 charges works like this - the recharge begins immediately as you spend one charge, because after all you can just tap it once and do a single blast of damage.

So what happens here is that there is about 0.3 seconds window before next charge is used and during this time regeneration starts, but is interrupted and reset by next charge being used. With enough +speed% you have just enough recharge reduction to finish full single charge recharge in that 0.3s window, which results in this behavior.

Even the math checks out because about 220% +speed results in a single charge recharging just at a bit lower than 0.3s, so you are just in time there with recharge. That’s why this and Frost Shards (that need only 50% speed) is not a bug, but at worst oversight OR who knows - even maybe intended exactly because Frost Shards is so easy to pull out with this and either they did not test speed at all with Storm or they did and it was as they expected.

That’s why talking about how something is a bug, when it’s not a bug 100% is silly. It is working as intended, ability starts recharging as soon as charge is spent and finishes recharging before you manage to use next charge and interrupt the process. Oversight or Intended - pick one.
    That makes sense; I didn't really know how the beam worked (haven't much played anything but Interceptor and a bit of Colossus) but it is definitely not a bug nor an exploit. Whether people use, or don't use it, is entirely up to them. It is up to BioWare to fix this behaviour (or leave as is if they think it isn't a problem) but I doubt that'll happen soon (they have bigger issues to worry about right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    My biggest pet peeve right now with the game are the bugged missions.

Last night i got to the end of a mission and because we killed the Escari before it finished it's dialogue, the mission wouldn't complete and we were stuck. I read online that everyone needs to die and it might reset, but there was no way for me to communicate with the team to tell them that. In addition, players eventually left, but they got replaced by new players who unfortunately loaded into a bugged mission.

This has happened on 1-2 other missions i've played (a mission step that would not complete).
    I had this same problem with the dialogue. My team took three times before I stopped my damage to allow for a slower kill and the dialogue to complete. We really do need a text communication setup in this game. That is what is really keeping me from getting invested, This feel WAY too Single Player unless you have a mic. And throughout the 200+ missions and Strongholds I have done, I have heard only 4 people talk since I started early access.

- - - Updated - - -

This is exactly how I setup my Blazing Orb on my Storm. I am using the +50% recharge at -35% damage and the +50% damage with -35% recharge, Then on top of that I have three inscriptions with +28%ish speed and two I think 150% damage Gear Buffs. So I can just Spam Blazing Orb 3 times throw a Ice Bomb and throw another 3 all day and not even use my gun. I only use the Elemental Rage gun just to get that +5% buff to elemental damage to beef up my Orb.

Real easy to get a max speed/damage build if you know how to work the inscriptions and buffs right

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Made a stasis/ponder electric storm build.
    Currently doing 120k stasis chain crits.

Need some better rolls, but it feels good.

Also ponder has 2 charges ;_;
    I like the Electric builds for the damage it can do do shields, but my Orb can do almost the same amount but on multiple targets, so I stuck with that. I use the Ice bomb to help Ceptors and Colossus with getting into melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    First off, there still isn't any actual evidence of real bricking. It's just people not understanding how to reset their console from a crash. And while a crash is still pretty bad, it's not bricking.

Second, I highly recommend watching Bellular's video on the subject, since he's got a decent background in software development, and a pretty objective view and explanation of the situation.
    Here is the thing: if your sandbox environment still allows for the app to damage hardware - this is basically your fault because you allowed exploit to exist. So both app and platform developers are at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

Not necessarily. Let's assume that you get a virus that forces your PC to overheat and turn into shit (I know, I know.), is it the hardware fault?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meltdo...vulnerability)

I'm aware that it's not the perfect example, mainly because I'm comparing it to someone intentionally taking advantage of a vulnerability to cause harm, but my point is that no system is bullet proof, if only very specific software is causing problems to it, it sounds hardly fair for one to say "oh it's the hardware fault for not being perfect!", I mean, I would agree on the blame if it was a common occurrence with different types of software.
    Oh, Absolutely. I wonder though if Bioware has access to some low-level API that could cause this. And if yes, what will happen next. Just how pissed is Sony?

Not necessarily. Let's assume that you get a virus that forces your PC to overheat and turn into shit (I know, I know.), is it the hardware fault?
    I understand there is vulnerabilities to malicious exploits, but for normal applications I would expect hardware and software failsafes to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I understand there is vulnerabilities to malicious exploits, but for normal applications I would expect hardware and software failsafes to kick in.
    Shutting down is the normal failsafe. None of the PS4s are actually burned out, it's just a little bit beyond your average user to get the back up and running without looking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Here is the thing: if your sandbox environment still allows for the app to damage hardware - this is basically your fault because you allowed exploit to exist. So both app and platform developers are at fault.
    I don't disagree. Clearly something about the interaction between Anthem's software and Sony's hardware is causing the console to reset. But this isn't the ONLY game that's caused such an effect. There was a bug in Fortnite that was allowing messages to freeze the console a number of months ago.

6 months ago Youtube was causing Xbones to crash.

And there have been a number of other programs that have caused various crashes to occur. Spend a little time on google and you'll see this isn't a super-rare occurrence. It may very well be something Sony did. We won't know until they track down the actual source of the problem. I think it's likely something to do with rushed patches by Bioware, as suggested by Bellular. But we don't actually know.

I’m no expert on the damn thing, nor do I have the knowledge to the actual problem, but it seems to be me that the only real difference between one and another is the intend of the programmer, just because you have no intention of causing harm with your software doesn’t mean it isn’t possible to, also the fail safes are there, sometimes that’s exactly the reason why the hardware shutdowns (for example, if your PC overheats, it should shut down by itself before the damn thing starts melting away) , plus the user that reported the bricking managed to sort it out by running the hardware on safe mode…
    Just like software engineers should be held responsible if their software crashes in normal use, hardware engineers should be held responsible if normal use burns out their hardware.

I'd be more understanding if hardware is damaged by a maliciously designed program because that could be operating beyond what they would reasonably be expected to anticipate.

If the console auto-repair gets it running again the it hasn't been bricked. A bricked machine is one that you need to send off for repairs or replacement otherwise it is literally as much use for gaming as a brick.

https://kotaku.com/everything-about-...gly-1833096052

Wait...is this for real? The in-game vendors just open the cash shop you can open without needing to talk to them? And they're like, 15 feet apart? And the cash shop only sells 6 things that rotate every 3 days? Are there any other vendors that sell anything different or something?

Because if this is the case then like...how? How is this even possible? I have so many questions about many of the decisions in the game like...while the MTX team nailed the pricing, have they ever looked at other in-game stores beyond say, Destiny? Why would they have vendors pop open the same store window? Why place them so close to each other when they sell the same shit? Why even have vendors if they're pointless?

I continue to question if leadership on the Anthem team have seriously played loot grinders or MMO's before, because it sure as hell seems like they either don't or they did but didn't learn much from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Wait...is this for real? The in-game vendors just open the cash shop you can open without needing to talk to them? And they're like, 15 feet apart? And the cash shop only sells 6 things that rotate every 3 days? Are there any other vendors that sell anything different or something?

Because if this is the case then like...how? How is this even possible? I have so many questions about many of the decisions in the game like...while the MTX team nailed the pricing, have they ever looked at other in-game stores beyond say, Destiny? Why would they have vendors pop open the same store window? Why place them so close to each other when they sell the same shit? Why even have vendors if they're pointless?

I continue to question if leadership on the Anthem team have seriously played loot grinders or MMO's before, because it sure as hell seems like they either don't or they did but didn't learn much from them.
    The store is shit yes, but you can purchase other MTX from the Forge. There's a separate tab for buying MTX for each cosmetic slot. I am guessing they will expand the shops in the future.

To me its seems like a strategy to make people login...
    But makes no sense if you think about it...

Because if someone stopped playing...he is not going to login once every 3 days just to see the shop.

ANother possible explanation is that Bioware ended up "shy" on the store and didnt go "all out" because EVERYONE was spam asking them "how will be the shop".

I have no idea why the Shop is so "shy"

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    To me its seems like a strategy to make people login...
    But makes no sense if you think about it...

Because if someone stopped playing...he is not going to login once every 3 days just to see the shop.

ANother possible explanation is that Bioware ended up "shy" on the store and didnt go "all out" because EVERYONE was spam asking them "how will be the shop".

I have no idea why the Shop is so "shy"
    It's not the rotation that bothers me, that's not uncommon for cash shops and it's exactly how Destiny's was set up (man, the comparisons between this and Destiny are far too easy, and I was hoping they wouldn't be). It's designed to play on "FOMO" anxieties (shoutout to @SirCowdog) by making things available for limited periods of time before they're rotated out with no word on when they'll return.

It's more the painfully limited nature (6 items only?) and the fact that there are in-game vendors in addition to a non-NPC way to access the store, with the vendors being so close together. None of it makes a lick of sense.

... but what part of the issue that Anthem is causing is normal?

Consoles randomly crashing with specific video games isn't either normal or common.
    Just normal passing data to and from the storage, running processes through the CPU and GPU etc... Damaging exploits typically use a range of processes that have no practical use other than damaging the equipment. Don't get me wrong, if the software is crashing the system then it is badly designed software, but if it is also permanently damaging the system it is badly designed hardware.

It's not the rotation that bothers me, that's not uncommon for cash shops and it's exactly how Destiny's was set up (man, the comparisons between this and Destiny are far too easy, and I was hoping they wouldn't be). It's designed to play on "FOMO" anxieties (shoutout to @SirCowdog) by making things available for limited periods of time before they're rotated out with no word on when they'll return.

It's more the painfully limited nature (6 items only?) and the fact that there are in-game vendors in addition to a non-NPC way to access the store, with the vendors being so close together. None of it makes a lick of sense.
    It does if they were having troubles getting it to run like the prerelease showed and EA said "ship it now, its been 6 years". Studios don't get that Alan Wake or Duke Nukem time no more unless its a sequel to something like Red Dead. The more i see theres no way the original retail release wont be in players hands till april and thats still not an easy fix for stuff they may have needed more time on and were told "you want to end up in the mythic bog? we got half a dozen indie studios we can call Bioware Des Moines or something if you want to look for work elsewhere".

From talking to them it seems the shops were originally supposed to sell different things - Prospero is always talking about jazzing up your Javelin and the-girl-who-loves-animals-but-I-forgot-her-name talks about procuring materials. I guess they combined them as a QoL change. Then added the shop to the start menu. Then let you buy things directly through the forge so the shop is pointless anyway.