Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I hope to hell they do it, because if they do I'm totally down to add this to whatever my gaming rotation. Even if it'll likely melt my damn computer eventually : P
    I hope so too. They've really got a LOT of potential with Anthem.

But as long as I'm being honest, if TD2 launches clean and doesn't repeat TD1's launch problems....I might not have time for Anthem.

IIRC tomorrow's update (or next Friday's) is supposed to address the PS4 crashes, they've been pretty clear that they're prioritizing this issue.

But yeah, the speed that they're reacting is great both in terms of communication and actual changes. If nothing else it at least looks like Frostbite allows for a lot of fast changes, which was a big problem Bungie had with Destiny where the engine was apparently cumbersome to work with both in terms of creating new content and fixing issues with existing content. If they can keep up this kind of pace they'll be well positioned for a relatively quick turnaround.

And I hope to hell they do it, because if they do I'm totally down to add this to whatever my gaming rotation. Even if it'll likely melt my damn computer eventually : P

Given that they didn't mention anything about improved drop rates I imagine not. They're just removing those from the loot tables, but legendary/MW (I think those are the names?) should likely still drop at the same rate.
    Maybe? They mentioned they're open to adjusting the loot droprates but wanted to wait until after white/greens were removed and they could see the effect. No one wants to go Star Wars Galaxies.

In other news, they're aiming to have a livestream every 2 weeks. This is literally the only game I've ever played where multiple producers and developers will pop in discord to get feedback on things and to answer questions...
    Less so now that the game has launched, but some people still pop in a a few times a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I hope so too. They've really got a LOT of potential with Anthem.

But as long as I'm being honest, if TD2 launches clean and doesn't repeat TD1's launch problems....I might not have time for Anthem.
    That's fine... play what's enjoyable. Anthem will still be here when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's fine... play what's enjoyable. Anthem will still be here when you get back.
    This is why I like these "live service" (psuedo-MMO) games. Just like GW2, I can dip in and out without worry about anything, knowing that my character will still be there and I'll have all kinds of new stuff to do since the last time I played.

It's a good problem when you have too many good games demanding your time and not enough time to play them all : )

This is why I like these "live service" (psuedo-MMO) games. Just like GW2, I can dip in and out without worry about anything, knowing that my character will still be there and I'll have all kinds of new stuff to do since the last time I played.

It's a good problem when you have too many good games demanding your time and not enough time to play them all : )
    One of the things that attracted me to Anthem was the fact there's no paid content DLC. Honestly If Destiny 2 didn't have paid expansions I'd probably still have that in my rotation.

One of the things that attracted me to Anthem was the fact there's no paid content DLC. Honestly If Destiny 2 didn't have paid expansions I'd probably still have that in my rotation.
    I've been waiting for a bundle to go on sale that contains all the Destiny 2 expansions for like $40-60. I also want to see what happens now that Activision doesn't have their dirty fingers in it.

One of the things that attracted me to Anthem was the fact there's no paid content DLC.
    Yup, I'm a huge fan of EA transitioning to this kind of approach for their games.

I've been waiting for a bundle to go on sale that contains all the Destiny 2 expansions for like $40-60. I also want to see what happens now that Activision doesn't have their dirty fingers in it.
    If you buy Forsaken you get all the other expansions... But still it's an extra $40 I don't really want to spend. That's to say nothing of the Annual Pass nonsense.

This as as far OT as ill go on it but...

Activision never had their Dirt Fingers in it, The DLC setup and MTX shop was all bungies idea not Activsions. If any major changes are coming don't expect them for quite awhile.

Only thing Activision required was a physical release each year and they did try to add more MTX's to the store right before the split. But other then that they was actually hands off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Been following this thread for the last 200+ pages or so, and haven't had anything really to say since I only played the private/open beta weekends. But I've often wondered why/how games come out unfinished, and with issues that should have been caught before release. I recently read THIS which fits what I have recently come to guess is a multi-faceted problem in the game industry as a whole.
    It seems to me that talent often is driven away from game development and has been for years now. How do you make a good game when the people are always worried about job security?

They definitely buffed droprates or something... hopefully its not an accident this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Been following this thread for the last 200+ pages or so, and haven't had anything really to say since I only played the private/open beta weekends. But I've often wondered why/how games come out unfinished, and with issues that should have been caught before release. I recently read THIS which fits what I have recently come to guess is a multi-faceted problem in the game industry as a whole.
    It seems to me that talent often is driven away from game development and has been for years now. How do you make a good game when the people are always worried about job security?
    One of my first jobs was working as a bus boy and it taught me so much empathy for people in their jobs. Probably a big part of the reason why I'm able to forgive things about these games when I see the developers engaging the way they are and acknowledging things.

Everything I've heard about being a game dev on the job side is hell, the only thing that's good about it is hopefully the game you're making, and then you have to deal with the community reception after working insane hours, getting paid peas, and having very little to no job security. And these guys are expected to have the same breadth of knowledge and experience that the average forum goer who barely has to work playing games for 16 hours a day does.

Yet alone games like Anthem that people were riding the hate train for well before the game had launched or anyone had ever touched it. Its really not surprising these things happen.

They definitely buffed droprates or something... hopefully its not an accident this time.
    There was a popular post on reddit talking about how the dude was fairly confident the drop rates were screwed up for event related mobs because he's managed to get 44 legendaries in 50 hours casually farming non-event mobs even though he had like 300+ world events and however many strongholds and contracts etc etc.

Apparently the random elite world mobs had a fairly significant chance of dropping a legendary compared to pretty much any content that guarantees a chest having a tiny chance.

Wouldn't be surprised if they looked into that and changed something.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Got 2 legendaries so far...they are for the same slot, legendary railgun and venom spitter
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-09 at 01:57 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Patch 1.0.3 Stealth Changes -
    Loot seems to be dropping at a higher rate
    In some cases you will skip the end of Expedition loot screen. Your loot is not gone, it's just in the vault
    Some users have reported some inscriptions going missing
    Universal Components can now be found as MW or Legendary
    New World Events have been added

Universal Components can now be found as MW or Legendary
    Does that mean a whole bunch of new MW affixes?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Does that mean a whole bunch of new MW affixes?
    Yes
    Not sure... This is just what I've been reading in the various discords... I won't actually be able to see myself until later today.
    Edit - Found a picture of a new MW

Yes
    Not sure... This is just what I've been reading in the various discords... I won't actually be able to see myself until later today.
    Edit - Found a picture of a new MW
    https://i.redd.it/0rphxo7fi3l21.jpg
    ooo, that could make one really tanky with the shotgun I just got that gives you 30% of your shields back on hit. Pretty much keep up that damage reduction always.

As a side note, they really need to work on their itemization and affixes... someones gotta realize that everything being a 5 second buff is not great or fluid.

- - - Updated - - -

So i just logged in and had a few of these appear in my inventory. Must have had something to do with the disappearing loot yesterday.

Also I know they nerfed the monitor in heart of rage but everything felt way easier when I just did it. I know they scaled up the numbers on gear but I didn't realize we were actually going to get significantly stronger across the board. My Melees are doing more than double the damage they were lul.

I'm able to do like 5.5k on the weak interceptor melees yet alone the big hit + the lightning dmg component.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2019-03-09 at 03:17 PM.

So we finally got a used copy off trade hold so I'm going to pick it up later today and give it a go.

With that said can anyone tell me if the loot patch is already out or is coming out next with the PS4 crash and other fix's patch?

Bit bored and can get the game for $30 used so I figured why not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

@Jtbrig7390 they released the patch this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Jtbrig7390 they released the patch this morning.
    Cool beans thx.

Won't be until later tonight or tomorrow that I get to play it. Now deciding what Javelin I want to be.

Loot drop rate may have been reverted to pre-last night. It may just be RNG... will not know until I get home this afternoon.