Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    *sigh

Tell me, what previous looter game that you’ve played have you gotten “all loot”?

Such a weird way to try to twist it.
    In monster hunter i could make any armor/weapon i would like to.
    Didnt stop me from keep playing it.

I dont agree with "artificially" making players keep playing...for a chance of better loot.

Because it is an artificial design, isnt it?

And what people are calling "Making it Rain" is not even that insane that would make people finish the game in a week.

Also, If for some reason players are able to "finish" the game sooner than expected...more reason for Bioware to start working on new loot.

Win Win situation imo

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    In monster hunter i could make any armor/weapon i would like to.
    Didnt stop me from keep playing it.
    Probably because there are different weapons and tactics to master in the game especially when Soloing even if you all armor.

Animations in Monster Hunter are also amazing something Anthem could of Done with there Giant Robot Walkers in the game or even Titans attacking other Wildlife to make the game feel like the world is alive.

MHworld also seemed like it had less Development Time then Anthem and still pulled off a game with amazing enemy animations.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont agree with "artificially" making players keep playing...for a chance of better loot.

Because it is an artificial design, isnt it?
    Why do you keep repeating that it's "artificial", if that's how those games been operating since the beginning? Artificial would be giving out freebies and hoping that players would not get bored doing same stuff over and over.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Why do you keep repeating that it's "artificial", if that's how those games been operating since the beginning? Artificial would be giving out freebies and hoping that players would not get bored doing same stuff over and over.
    How much time do you think it will take to get full legendary with this version of "Making it Rain"
    This "making it rain"was not insane (as far as i know)

It would be a pretty good "PR stunt" for Bioware. Everyone would be happy with the increased rate of loot

And isnt this a "service"?
    Make Bioware work on new loot. Get off their lazy asses and actually create content for this game.

Anthem isnt about getting all the items once, since the difference between the antiperfect and perfect roll is sky and earth, thats why dumb that you get so low amount of loot. Someone actually did math how much average time you need to get a perfect set of gear to a build, it was like 32 years or so.

Its a nice question ive seen asked to the community

"Will Anthem be able to survive without being a loot pinnata at this point?"

The person on the article i read said he DOESNT believe Anthem will survive without being a loot pinnata.

I have no idea. I juts play thi game casually. 15 hours in and im level 20 or something like that.
    I'm 70+ hours in and the game is starting to lose its shine a bit, though to me that's partly because of how much Masterwork loot they threw at me, I would have preferred it to take longer getting incremental boosts with better itemised epics and have MW a lot rarer.

How much time do you think it will take to get full legendary with this version of "Making it Rain"
    This "making it rain"was not insane (as far as i know)
    IMO Getting a few masterworks per hour is not "Making it Rain".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    though to me that's partly because of how much Masterwork loot they threw at me.
    You're not interested in Legendary's?

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Probably because there are different weapons and tactics to master in the game especially when Soloing even if you all armor.

Animations in Monster Hunter are also amazing something Anthem could of Done with there Giant Robot Walkers in the game or even Titans attacking other Wildlife to make the game feel like the world is alive.

MHworld also seemed like it had less Development Time then Anthem and still pulled off a game with amazing enemy animations.
    Also...when you are fighting a Rathalos and suddenly a Deviljo and a Bazelgeuse join the party
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I'm 70+ hours in and the game is starting to lose its shine a bit, though to me that's partly because of how much Masterwork loot they threw at me, I would have preferred it to take longer getting incremental boosts with better itemised epics and have MW a lot rarer.
    Legendary is out of your scope?
    Are there even enough legendaries in this game to be "full legendary"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Anthem isnt about getting all the items once, since the difference between the antiperfect and perfect roll is sky and earth, thats why dumb that you get so low amount of loot. Someone actually did math how much average time you need to get a perfect set of gear to a build, it was like 32 years or so.
    WTF 32 years?
    Make it Rain plz

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I explained in how it was incompetent in my replies above.

Let me explain to you again in small words:

Issue: Loot drops are stingy
    Bioware change: Nerf harvesting AND make Legendaries much more important due to melee/combo/procs/ult scaling from average ilvl change, while making Epic items completely useless in process.

Wut?

They effectively reduced amount of viable loot instead of increasing it, it's like "we hear you guys!" and then doing complete opposite. It's incompetent as fuck.

Before patch: you needed only 1 Legendary item to have maximum melee/combo/ult/proc power and Epic items had place in viable and optimal builds.
    After patch: you need to have as much Legendaries as possible and rest MWs and Epic items are basically not viable anymore. And we killed harvesting in process woo!

You don't see issue here?

It's like they took the loot issues and made them much worse with one patch. Really now, Bioware?
    I dunno what class you play but my Interceptor with just one Legendary got a huge buff to melee and ultimate, if anything it's borderline OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

I have no idea how you make one of my favorite genres so boring. What an accomplishment.
    What do you consider not-boring? I think Anthem has some of the best shooter gameplay I've played in a long time.

Legendary is out of your scope?
    Are there even enough legendaries in this game to be "full legendary"?

- - - Updated - - -

WTF 32 years?
    Make it Rain plz
    They're doing simple math and not taking into account that you don't need perfect rolls in every slot. You can have a very good build capable of doing GM 2 and 3 in about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    They're doing simple math and not taking into account that you don't need perfect rolls in every slot.
    Yet part of the point of Looters is also to get Perfect Rolls.

Simple Math? They don't even have a proper stat sheet or explanation of stats in the game LMAO.

I dunno what class you play but my Interceptor with just one Legendary got a huge buff to melee and ultimate, if anything it's borderline OP.
    are you suggesting want a Legendary Nerf now?

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What do you consider not-boring? I think Anthem has some of the best shooter gameplay I've played in a long time.
    Diablo because the pace of the game matches its genre. I knew id hate taking forever to get to the next objective before the game even came out.

Yet part of the point of Looters is also to get Perfect Rolls.
    To a point yes, but this sounds like it's all rolls on everything. You can still, pretty reasonably, get solid, functional gear while you're hunting for the perfect roles you want for your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sorta kinda? I mean, these kinds of bugs seem to crop up in every single patch so far and require secondary fixes...just for once the fix will be giving players more rather than less. If they can't track down what's causing these bugs to slip though then that's an issue.

But given their stinginess with loot thus far, I wouldn't be surprised to see folks claiming they're just saying that to make folks happy and this was intended all along. It sadly fits with their repeated moves to decrease/limit the amount of high-end loot players get.

Oh well, no matter what the reason is (and I believe that it was likely a mistake/bug) hopefully it'll chill folks out. The Anthem reddit is pretty unhappy right now : (
    I don't think they've been that sting with loot at all, I'm 70 hours in (though I went pretty slow through the campaign and haven't looked up the most efficient way to farm) and I've been full Masterwork for quite a while. I have plenty of spare guns and I've salvaged loads of components. Only 3 Legendaries so far all machine pistols (!) 2 of them the same (!!)

To a point yes, but this sounds like it's all rolls on everything. You can still, pretty reasonably, get solid, functional gear while you're hunting for the perfect roles you want for your build.
    Fair enough but some hardcore fans do still aim for "all" perfect rolls.

Getting a reasonable solid build is easy in Anthem, I'm not entirely sure they should change that.

Fair enough but some hardcore fans do still aim for "all" perfect rolls.

Getting a reasonable solid build is easy in Anthem, I'm not entirely sure they should change that.
    Yes, but the "all perfect" rolls are designed to take forever. Look at PoE, people spend incredible amounts of time/money farming to try to get perfect/better rolls on items that they already have, because at that point that's where your upgrades are primarily coming from. Without any trading economy loot has very limited purpose - you either use it or sell/dismantle it for materials, so there has to be something to keep chasing after you've got gear with the "right" rolls on it for your build. Even if you're not putting together sets for different builds, which obviously greatly extends the tail on farming.

Don't get me wrong... they do need to do something where higher levels of difficulty give you a better chance for better rolls or an extra inscription or something, but the 32 year thing is silly and based on made up numbers.

Yes, but the "all perfect" rolls are designed to take forever.
    Isn't that the intentional Design of Looters and Looter Shooters?

It seems to me that a lot people preferred if Anthem dropped more masterworks per hour. IMO It was more fun that way and more fun to mess around with different Builds despite poor Rolls.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-11 at 08:36 PM.

Isn't that the intentional Design of Looters and Looter Shooters?

It seems to me that a lot people preferred if Anthem dropped more masterworks per hour. IMO It was more fun that way and more fun to mess around with different Builds despite poor Rolls.
    Yes, this is the intentional design. It's how beloved games such as BL2 and D3 operate. I think the main thing is people want more endorphin shots from seeing shinies more often.