Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So, there's a difference between you wanting the game to be a destiny / division clone, and the fact that it isn't.'
    No it's the game Feeling too much like Destiny IMO, It's not "Wanting"

Its an issue to you, its not an issue to the game or what we're talking about.
    Yet Anthem seems to be constantly losing players to Destiny 2 and Division 2.
    Are you ok? You keep saying this as if it has anything to do with what I just said.
    Because you keep claiming "Abilities" take a "Back Seat" in Destiny when they don't.

And you still spend 90% of your time shooting things, and shooting things with guns is still the primary focus of the entire game.. I don't begin to understand why you're arguing this.
    And with a good gun in Anthem you'll still be using you're Gun over Abilities depending on Damage and which Javelin you're using.

Being able to get good damage rolls on guns =/= the game being about guns... like what?

Was I specifically talking about Colossus with that comment? Seriously are you ok? You're having a different conversation vs what's being posted.
    You keep on saying Anthem is about Abilities yet you seem to contradict yourself and other people when they love using Colossus's Unique Auto Canon which acts like Gatling Gun as well as other Good Rolls on Guns/Weapons.

Leadership =/= the whole company and the devs who actually make the product. Clearly a lot of people had lots of different visions, the issue with leadership guiding that vision properly is a completely different issue vs having any vision at all.
    They have no Clear Vision at the end because of that reason.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-04-02 at 08:35 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Well, it was obvious but its actually much worse than it seemed. Regardless of all the hardships they endured during development, it takes a special kind of **** to stand before a crowd, showing a fake trailer and scam people into buying something you know you cant deliver. Thats fraud. At this point I dont care anymore if EA does what it does best and gives them the Maxis/Bullfrog treatment. There is nothing of value left in Bioware. They lost all their talent, they cancelled the Dragon Age 4 prototype created by that talent, they are stuck with crappy leadership and a broken toolkit. They are done.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2019-04-02 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Well, it was obvious but its actually much worse than it seemed. Regardless of all the hardships they endured during development, it takes a special kind of **** to stand before a crowd, showing a fake trailer and scam people into buying something you know you cant deliver. Thats fraud. At this point I dont care anymore if EA does what it does best and gives them the Maxis/Bullfrog treatment. There is nothing of value left in Bioware. They lost all their talent, they cancelled the Dragon Age 4 prototype created by that talent, they are stuck with crappy leadership and a broken toolkit. They are done.
    That's not fraud. That's the realities of game and software development as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That's not fraud. That's the realities of game and software development as a whole.
    If I sold you something, that I don't have and know I will never have: It's fraud. They kept doing this until release.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    If I sold you something, that I don't have and know I will never have: It's fraud. They kept doing this until release.
    Not really... It's not like they didn't have more gameplay videos, trailers, an alpha and demos leading up to release.

Just because people stuck their heads in the sand after 2017 doesn't mean the other media that got put out doesn't count.

Does anyone actually believe that Anthem can turn around after this article?

Not really... It's not like they didn't have more gameplay videos, trailers, an alpha and demos leading up to release.

Just because people stuck their heads in the sand after 2017 doesn't mean the other media that got put out doesn't count.
    And if showing gameplay footage that didn't make it to the release game was a crime like that, there'd be games far worse off then Anthem.

TD1 and NMS for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Given that BW Austin is working on it, yes. I won't be easy or fast, but if they have control and BW leadership finally has a vision for the game they can eventually whip it into shape.

@szechuan Yeah ok you win bud.

The annual soccer franchise was EA’s most important series, bringing in a large chunk of the publisher’s revenue, and BioWare had programmers with Frostbite experience, so Electronic Arts shifted them to FIFA.
    So I'm only half way down the article (jesus this is long) and oh my god this shit right here specifically kills me. I can't begin to imagine working on something I care about and being forced to abandon it to work on one of the shittiest franchises in gaming. Man that would kill my soul so hard.

Its pretty nuts that the whole article (at least so far) is pretty much just a confirmation of what people were thinking happened. All those "I can't believe this game took 6 years to develop" and people going "Psure we're looking at a ME:A / Destiny / whatever situation where it was made in like 1-2 years" and all these other points.

Definitely a lot of frustrations I can relate to from my own job. Feel bad for these dudes..
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given that BW Austin is working on it, yes. I won't be easy or fast, but if they have control and BW leadership finally has a vision for the game they can eventually whip it into shape.
    It's definitely doable, wasn't that long ago that NMS's reviews were mostly negative (may have even been overwhelmingly at some point), but now look:

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And if showing gameplay footage that didn't make it to the release game was a crime like that, there'd be games far worse off then Anthem.

TD1 and NMS for starters.
    FWIW they basically got the vibe of the original trailer down... There are loading screens, but the world is gorgeous and the whole going from ground, to flight, to swim and back again is super solid.

Yeah sure, why wouldn't I?

We're looking at a lot of the exact same kinds of issues that plagued every other game in this genre as well as other genre's and when they've been given the time they tend to work out. People are speaking well of Warframe, Destiny, the division, even diablo 3 for a time, and all these games had similar levels of issues and turned it around. So why wouldn't they be able to do that with this game given time?

Hell someone just mentioned no mans sky as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is easy to say. Does it make enogh money from microtrash:
    A) Yes
    B) No

If answer is A, then resorces will be put there. If its B.....well let keep spending at minimum and milk the game before its dead.

FWIW they basically got the vibe of the original trailer down... There are loading screens, but the world is gorgeous and the whole going from ground, to flight, to swim and back again is super solid.
    No doubt, honestly I never even saw the original trailer.... or any trailer, I just got an alpha invite, tried the game, hated the flying... tried it again during open, found the fixed the problem and picked it up.

Waiting for more content which is their major issue ATM, but overall the gameplay is solid

And apparently its possible for them to do something about the load screens, at least them removing the load screen for the forge is precedent for that. Imagine chipping away at other load screens is gonna take a lot more time, but seems possible to say the least.

Yeah sure, why wouldn't I?

We're looking at a lot of the exact same kinds of issues that plagued every other game in this genre as well as other genre's and when they've been given the time they tend to work out. People are speaking well of Warframe, Destiny, the division, even diablo 3 for a time, and all these games had similar levels of issues and turned it around. So why wouldn't they be able to do that with this game given time?

Hell someone just mentioned no mans sky as well.
    Diablo 3 is another great example of turning something around (and then eventually nose diving it into the ground, but that's neither here nor there), that game was an absolute abomination on launch, RoS mostly fixed it (though I still don't agree with removing trading) and made it into a game you could actually want to play.

And apparently its possible for them to do something about the load screens, at least them removing the load screen for the forge is precedent for that. Imagine chipping away at other load screens is gonna take a lot more time, but seems possible to say the least.
    I think that will be much harder, but they can probably make them faster and cover them up with cut scenes.

If people buy MTX they will keep investing in the game. But the output will be mediocre because for every hour development funded they need to spend 30 minutes of it to fix something that should have been done right in the first place. I expect long content droughts.

Even if it doesn't make bank from MTX now it will likely be supported for quite a while. Look at Battlefront 2 - the game sold poorly at launch and has never been a big hit for them. But here we are, over a year and a half after launch and the game is still getting new content, modes, and balance/bugfix patches.

EA doesn't seem like they're Warhammering their online games anymore, thankfully.

I think that will be much harder, but they can probably make them faster and cover them up with cut scenes.
    Oh yeah definitely, I imagine that's the only one that's just going to be cut out completely. But it shows they can definitely do things about them.