Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

How will you deal with quitters coming back for ToS?

Hey guys,

After we killed the first 3 faceroll mythic bosses, progress stopped. Since then we were doing normal/heroic clears and had between 9-12 people sign up. Some nights we had less than 9 so we had to pug the rest. Some people had IRL issues but the rest went MIA. We even had some people online during raids but didn't want to come clear heroic. I checked the calendar this morning and 28 people signed up. Alot of them were the same people that quit on us. If your guild is going through the same , how will you deal with them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Alot of them were the same people that quit on us. If your guild is going through the same , how will you deal with them?
    Pick the non-quitters first. Then select the best of the quitters. And ignore the rest.

Deleted
    Alot of them were the same people that quit on us. If your guild is going through the same , how will you deal with them?
    Get better people. Obviously they're not compatible with your vision and goals (Assuming those are clearly communicated during recruitment?)

They need to be punished. Demote them, lootban then, replace them if possible. Show them that letting your guildies down is unacceptable.

But seriously now, I think it kinda depends on what kind of policy and rules you have in the guild and how strictly you enforce them. I know guilds who gkick raiders if they miss 2-3 raids without notice while in my own guild we usually give ppl a second (and sometimes a third) chance. I suggest you talk to the ppl. Ask them why they disappeared and how you can be sure that it won't happen again. Maybe the no-shows and the ppl who stuck around don't match, as in they want different things from the game. Perhaps some of those 28 sign ups should really be in a more casual guild while others should be in a less casual one. And obviously when you start raiding again, don't forget who's been loyal when it comes to raid spots and loot distribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who quit without warning in our guild are not allowed back into the raid team, people who quit for a good reason and let us know why are welcome back.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Kick them? They have proven themselves to be unreliable, recruit others who might show more interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this isn't hard. There are two main paths to take. 1) Don't let them back in period. 2) Let them back in but with rules (i.e. "Leave again and you're out forever" etc). Also, rather obviously, you need to a) recruit since it's likely most of these people will be gone after a few resets and seeing the bosses and b) you should talk to the people who left and are good/have a history with the guild to see why they left.

You don't say why progress stopped at 3 mythic bosses but I'll assume you banged your head against the wall of Krosus a few times and weren't getting anywhere. While they SHOULD have said something, a lot of people simply aren't interested in wiping a ton on the 4th boss of yet another difficulty when they've cleared N and H already. It's one thing to do that if you're at least server 1st or top 100 or something. But if you're world 2496.... no one cares and some people think "Why spend 2 nights a week on this? we've seen the content and we're not contending for anything important...".

PS: is everyone clear on the raid's goals? What ARE the raid's goals? If it's to clear heroic, awesome. If it's to clear mythic until you hit a wall, then make limited attempts on the wall boss (whatever that is), great. But you need to be clear on what people are getting into. I mean, I wouldn't want to bang my head on Mythic Krosus for weeks either. If you're doing that you're not at a competitive ranking and it just means you'll hit more and more walls unless something changes (Augur, Elisande, etc).

TLDR: Be realistic in what you're asking your raid to do and make sure you have buy-in.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-06-20 at 05:59 PM.

If they left once they'll leave again so fuck em tbh.

Deleted
    id say it depends on why they quit( like say they had to be in hospital for a few months to recover) or if they just quit 1day without warning and dint return. For first case if i was gm id take them back, 2nd case not.

Make an announcement that only those who suffered through the endless Nighthold farm will have loot priority, and that everyone else will have to earn their way back to loot. Then see if 28 people still want to raid. Those that wuit before will quit again, believe me. As soon as they have their gear, they will get bored and either quit or beg to bring their alts.

It depends on how and why they left. If they just wouldn't come or kept signing up for things and no showing I wouldn't take them. Really anybody that stops raiding without talking to the raid lead or some other officers before hand would be out in the cold. People aren't slaves to the raid, but they should have the decency to say something before they vanish. 3/10 m and 7/10 mythic killed off a lot of people's desire to keep raiding this last tier, I don't blame people for being tired of it, I do hold them accountable for their actions though. So again it all comes down to the person and why and how they left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Make an announcement that only those who suffered through the endless Nighthold farm will have loot priority, and that everyone else will have to earn their way back to loot. Then see if 28 people still want to raid. Those that wuit before will quit again, believe me. As soon as they have their gear, they will get bored and either quit or beg to bring their alts.
    That type of raider drives me crazy. I am lucky since doing a server transfer I don't see it much anymore. Before we would have people lucky enough to get all or most of the gear they wanted and then think it was okay for them to keep rolling against people that were not as lucky. Piggy backing their way to carry kills and taking loot from those that did the heavy lifting. Titan/war forging has solved some of this, but really my raids current loot system makes it impossible for people to do this bull shit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you leave our guild, you're never coming back.. simple as that ... we dont care for quitters... Once a quitter, always a quitter! They will leave next time the wind blows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That type of raider drives me crazy. I am lucky since doing a server transfer I don't see it much anymore. Before we would have people lucky enough to get all or most of the gear they wanted and then think it was okay for them to keep rolling against people that were not as lucky. Piggy backing their way to carry kills and taking loot from those that did the heavy lifting. Titan/war forging has solved some of this, but really my raids current loot system makes it impossible for people to do this bull shit.
    I'm fine with people bringing their alts.. They just have way lower loot priority than mains.

I should also just add that alts should only be allowed if it doesn't slow down farm

10+ Year Old Account
    If your guild is built as a Heroic clearing guild that just tried mythic, then let um be. If you always listed yourself as a Mythic guild and they agreed to that then ya consider enforcing some penalties. If you have no base objective for your guild and its a "we will decide what we are when ever we want" kind of scenario then your guild is to blame not the members.

The people that quit in our guild have already been replaced so they need to either earn their way back to raider status or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm fine with people bringing their alts.. They just have way lower loot priority than mains.

I should also just add that alts should only be allowed if it doesn't slow down farm
    In that case they aren't being selfish or as selfish. In my experience it has always been an officers spouse or an officer. Luckily legendary items, titanforging and ap took care of a lot of people wanting to switch. Now that AP has far less value and soon legendary items will be maxed people might try more often.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This is my concern as well we're almost certainly going to get quitters back and I personally don't want them any where near our raids.

We're likely to demote them to trialist though and make them re-earn their place, if they take off again, demote them to social and tell them they've lost their chance.

Deleted
    Cast them out.

if their spot was replaced welcome to the bench, when i did progression we had DKP so if you left like that you lost all DKP and sat at the bottom of the loot list for weeks. With loot council just choose them last, also make a new rank where they can't get access to g-bank repairs or raid mats like flasks/foods/pots. No free enchants etc..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Hey guys,

After we killed the first 3 faceroll mythic bosses, progress stopped. Since then we were doing normal/heroic clears and had between 9-12 people sign up. Some nights we had less than 9 so we had to pug the rest. Some people had IRL issues but the rest went MIA. We even had some people online during raids but didn't want to come clear heroic. I checked the calendar this morning and 28 people signed up. Alot of them were the same people that quit on us. If your guild is going through the same , how will you deal with them?
    clearly you are in wrong guild - from your description its pretty obvious to assume guild is a social/casual normal/hc raiding guild while you are looking to push into mythic

instead steering up drama that in 99,9 % nobody in that guild wants just find mythic raid guild