Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    either way... shouldnt we be getting tidal waves because of the gravitational pull of argus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    either way... shouldnt we be getting tidal waves because of the gravitational pull of argus?
    When has World of Warcraft ever been realistic? Also, Argus didn't move anywhere. There's just a portal between Azeroth and Argus now. Kinda like Dark Portal between Azeroth and Outland/Draenor, but just much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to apply real-world physics to World of Warcraft, or just upping your post count?
    Well... there IS gravity on WoW... and it does have some phisics laws... so, it could be an issue that can be used lorewise -that can be used, for example, flodding and bringing nagas to upper areas-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    When has World of Warcraft ever been realistic? Also, Argus didn't move anywhere. There's just a portal between Azeroth and Argus now. Kinda like Dark Portal between Azeroth and Outland/Draenor, but just much bigger.
    Well... yeah, that makes more sense, i guess.

It didn't teleport.

Seems like no one understands, they didn't even have to open a planet-sized portal. A small portal, if its near enough, can let you see an entire planet.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    well the question remains, gul'dan was making a similar portal in nighthold which took him huge amounts of power. how can illidan/the stone do it so effortlessly?
    Since the Tomb of Sargeras was already connected to the nether through the rift at the bottom, Illidan just needed to smash the Sargerite Keystone and work some wicked fel-magic to make a much bigger rift (which honestly needed to happen in order for the Exodar to go through and fit), something only a very advanced study of the fel could do and apparently something the legion didn't realise they could do before with the keystone, which to them was just a mode of transportation between their worlds. Why the legion didn't use the Sargerite Keystone in past invasions is still not written. As for why Kharghar couldn't teleport them sooner... well you gotta see where you're going to teleport out of the nether or you need to pass back through the ToS wormhole, which they couldn't really do on a ship crashing towards Argus.

The question is: if the keystone had that power all along, why haven't the Legion used it before to do the same thing as Illidan did?

I still dont get how it could open a portal to Azeroth when it's clearly described as a key to Legion worlds.

Why has the Legion never used it before?

They could have fixed it by just using the teleporting and THEN using the keystone (even though the scene would have lost its impact)

Deleted
    yeah but planet sized portals just like that? did they shove a couple civilizations worth of souls into it or something?
    Or just one extremely powerful soul like Kil'jaeden.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    The question is: if the keystone had that power all along, why haven't the Legion used it before to do the same thing as Illidan did?
    The question should actually be why Sargeras didn't let Kil'jaeden going the extra mile.

Deleted
    Because Illidan stole it from the Temple of Elune way back in Warcraft 3, maybe? The Legion did attempt to reclaim the Keystone through MU Gul'dan, who met his fate basically just before he was able to claim it. Illidan, however, did not fail when he set out to retrieve it.
    KSM899 does have a point, the Legion had at least 10 thousand years (nothing counting the "time is meaningless in the Nether") to use the Keystone.

The Keystone was on Mardum, not the Temple of Elune.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    KSM899 does have a point, the Legion had at least 10 thousand years (nothing counting the "time is meaningless in the Nether") to use the Keystone.

The Keystone was on Mardum, not the Temple of Elune.
    Well, according the other posters here already: The preparations made to link the two worlds with the keystone was something Illidan had been doing for a while. Also prior to this they didn't need that keystone anyway. It's extremely unlikely that Sargeras can enter that portal even though it's massive. Kil'jaeden and Archimonde already had come to Azeroth without it which is what the keystone presumably would be used for: Summoning the Legion's most powerful units to other planets.

It seems to me that the only ways for Sargeras to enter our world is with a portal using power from the Well of Eternity or its offspring. The Sargerite keystone seems to be an easy way for demons to be able to open portals for their more powerful creatures to enter.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-06-22 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Nope, it was in the Temple of Elune. It's actually conveniently in the lore video of ToS MMO-C posted a few days ago if you care to actually know. The Keystone may have ORIGINATED on Mardum because, duh, someone in the Legion had to create it first, but that is not what I'm claiming. In Warcraft 3, it is taken by Illidan from the Temple before is cast into the ocean. Which is why the Legion has not had possession of it since the inception of World of Warcraft.
    Then it's completely wrong. The Keystone is obtained by the Demon Hunters (the starting area questline) that assaulted Mardum during the Siege of the Black Temple. Years after WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nope, it was in the Temple of Elune. It's actually conveniently in the lore video of ToS MMO-C posted a few days ago if you care to actually know. The Keystone may have ORIGINATED on Mardum because, duh, someone in the Legion had to create it first, but that is not what I'm claiming. I can't say why they didn't use it then. Perhaps poor writing, or lack of foresight. In Warcraft 3, it is taken by Illidan from the Temple before is cast into the ocean. Which is why the Legion has not had possession of it since the inception of World of Warcraft.
    The relic in the Tomb of Sargeras in WC3 was called the Eye of Sargeras - not the Sargerite Keystone, and I don't believe the two things are actually one and the same. The Eye of Sargeras was used by Illidan to channel some kind of immense spell whose purpose was to destroy the Frozen Throne and kill the Lich King (at the behest of Kil'jaeden). This occurs in Silverpine Forest in the events of WC3 after Illidan departs the Tomb, but the spell was stopped and the Eye of Sargeras was destroyed by Maiev and Malfurion, due to Illidan's spell using it causing massive pain to Azeroth itself (which is what drove Malfurion to the Eastern Kingdoms in the first place).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    So i was wondering: teleporting big things is kinda a big deal. Dalaran took a bunch of archmages. During war of the ancients it took the well of eternity + demon soul to open a portal for sargeras, a planet sized being. During nighthold it took guldan the nightwell, amantuls eye and weeks/months of work to open a portal to argus strong enough for sargeras soul to come through.

But then Illidan can just use some fancy stone to teleport an entire planet in an instant, HOW did he manage that? How is that stone so powefull?

And, since that stone used to be burning legion property untill very recently, why didn't the legion use it against us?
    When you say "teleporting" are you refering to Illidan opening a portal connecting the two planets, but still staying where they are? Cuz in that case, you need to look up what "teleporting" means, cuz Argus is where it has always been.

Deleted
    Ahh, well, I stand corrected. My apologies @Tauror. I was fairly certain he had obtained it in the Temple.
    No problem, no harm done.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it was in the Temple of Elune. It's actually conveniently in the lore video of ToS MMO-C posted a few days ago if you care to actually know. The Keystone may have ORIGINATED on Mardum because, duh, someone in the Legion had to create it first, but that is not what I'm claiming. I can't say why they didn't use it then. Perhaps poor writing, or lack of foresight. In Warcraft 3, it is taken by Illidan from the Temple before the whole Temple is cast into the ocean. Which is why the Legion has not had possession of it since the inception of World of Warcraft.
    the keystone has never been on azeroth.

we are talking about this:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Sargerite_Keystone

not this:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Eye_of_Sargeras

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I still dont get how it could open a portal to Azeroth when it's clearly described as a key to Legion worlds.

Why has the Legion never used it before?

They could have fixed it by just using the teleporting and THEN using the keystone (even though the scene would have lost its impact)
    We used it to open a portal to Argus, i.e a Legion world, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    We used it to open a portal to Argus, i.e a Legion world, not the other way around.
    I believe they're discussing how Illidan opened a portal to Azeroth with it while on Kil'jaeden's ship in the Twisting Nether.

My own interpretation of that is that the Tomb of Sargeras' link to Azeroth is still open, and Illidan taps into it using the Keystone. Otherwise, it's a stark plot hole.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-06-22 at 11:29 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    It might need to be attuned to the planet in some way.

Illidan could've done that, it's only supposed to open to legion controlled worlds afaik, azeroth isn't legion controlled. But maybe it has to be attuned to the planets to open a portal.

Either way, Illidan did something with it to open it to azeroth.

If you have seen the avengers then thats basically what happened. A rift between worlds has been opened. Kinda like the dark portal except its a dimensional rift i guess.