Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What shows are having season finales today? I think they just want to space it out since there'll be a delay between the Conference Finals and the Finals.

Tonight. 8:30. Cleveland must win, or they go home.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    They are already home :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Lol, then I guess they "stay" home and Boston gets to visit California for the Finals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, then I guess they "stay" home and Boston gets to visit California for the Finals.
    Or Houston :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What shows are having season finales today? I think they just want to space it out since there'll be a delay between the Conference Finals and the Finals.
    Not just today. But i know a lot of shows had their finales between Wed and Fri. It's probably like you said more so because of spacing it out. But I could see it playing even a small factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if they lose (big if) they would be down 3-0, not over yet, Jinxmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Even if they lose (big if) they would be down 3-0, not over yet, Jinxmaster.
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...KhL/story.html

To summarize it, of 130 NBA playoff games where a team has trailed 0-3, only three went to a game 7. None of the teams came back to reverse sweep.

0-3 means you lose the series in the NBA. It just does. I know you want to say "never give up", but realistically it's not gonna happen. The only way I see a team coming back from 0-3 would be if the GSW super team dropped 3 games against some shitty team and then decided to get serious. (I don't think any team Lebron or MJ were on would even come back from an 0-3.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Game time. Go Celtics!

- - - Updated - - -

All the ticky tacky calls going against the Celtics so far. That's not a good start...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuned in with 4 minutes left in the first quarter, and it's already a blowout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Tuned in with 4 minutes left in the first quarter, and it's already a blowout.
    Cavs are fired up and their shots are falling, Celtics can't get a bucket to save their lives. It happens. I've learned not to count this Celtics team out until they play like this into the second half.

Going to be hard though. Spotting Lebron a 15+ point lead before he exerts much energy himself is not a good way to start. He can just go off at any point and cause a run for the Cavs on his own, should the Celtics get closer.

Stop it jinxy. We need Cleveland to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss George Hill And Kyle Korver.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was enough to tire Lebron out? Enough to call time out? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

They are playing a game every 2 days from here on out. If THIS tires him out, less than 1 half of up tempo basketball after a 3 day lay off, then idk, going to be tough to keep that up the rest of the series then.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole "The Celtics are bad on the road" thing is SO fucking dumb. Celtics had more road wins than any other team in the East during the regular season. They are just playing like crap right now, just cause they are playing like crap, not cause they lost to the Bucks on the road 3 times.

The more the Cavs have to play hard tonight, the more I like the Celtics chances in the next game. On the road.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaylen Brown is playing BAD. Out of control. Aggressive in the wrong kind of ways. Wish he would bring that aggression on the offensive side instead of the defense.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Blueobelisk Can you mark the Cavs as winners of this game please? Need something to jumpstart the Celtics and that should work nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

These commentators are fucking AWFUL. They haven;t talked about what is going on in the game for like damn near 5 min now.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you can put a fork in these Celtics tonight. Multiple Celtics just out of control and more busy with their opponent than playing well. They need to get their head right.

10+ Year Old Account
    These commentators are fucking AWFUL. They haven;t talked about what is going on in the game for like damn near 5 min now.
    Van Gundy (I think) was legitimately confused about Dwayne Wade being in the new Star Wars movie. Then right after that, said "the difference between a good and bad performance is making shots".

Also, this crowd is super quiet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, this crowd is super quiet.
    This would have been the perfect night to get a 3rd win, with the crowd being a nonfactor. Wasted a bad home crowd.

The game is a complete blowout. I'm not really watching so idk why Cleveland is winning. Is their defense good? Are Celtics just choking? Is it the Cleveland crowd giving Cleveland momentum?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is a complete blowout. I'm not really watching so idk why Cleveland is winning. Is their defense good? Are Celtics just choking? Is it the Cleveland crowd giving Cleveland momentum?
    No. Kinda. No.

The difference is mainly that the Cavs are playing with energy on defense like they did not in previous games and that the Celtics failed to bring that intensity like they did in the previous 2 games. Next game should be interesting. I have my doubts Cleveland can keep this up the rest fo the series and I also have my doubts the Celtics are going to shoot this poorly again and be this lackluster with their intensity.

This would have been the perfect night to get a 3rd win, with the crowd being a nonfactor. Wasted a bad home crowd.
    When the game is a blowout it's boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cavs shooting 50%+ from 3. No way they continue to do that the rest of the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Game done, Celtics lose big. Regroup and hope they come out with more intensity next game.