Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, not in the sense that you're worried, but I do want my eyesight to remain as perfect as possible. I use programmes (since Asus removed the options) handling the gamma and contrast and brightness etc of my screen, and I use Gunnar Gaming Glasses. Before I took these steps, I could sometimes have eye problems to such an extent that I'd be unable to use the computer. Now my eyes never hurt, they never feel tired, they never get red, they never get dry.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    This is actually a sign of austism.
    As an autist, I can 100% say that I never expected people to attack and take my eyes if I met their gaze.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-05 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    What qualification you have to back your words up
    No Id much rather you believe whatever bullshit you learned on a TV show.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Eye contact is one of the most important things if not the most important in the way we communicate with eachother. How on earth did you come to such a nonsense conclussion. Take away eye contact and literally every conversation or even relation drops dead instantly.

If someone has a serious easy with eye contact in any shape or form than said person needs to contact someone to help him with that or he will most likely fail to form any decent long lasting relationship, being it personal or professional.

- - - Updated - - -
    LMFAO, so blind people can't have meaningful relationships! Good to know!
    I have to question how socially inept one must be in order to believe that another person can only pay attention to what you're saying by looking you in the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No Id much rather you believe whatever bullshit you learned on a TV show.
    So bullshit as per usual. Got it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    LMFAO, so blind people can't have meaningful relationships! Good to know!
    I have to question how socially inept one must be in order to believe that another person can only pay attention to what you're saying by looking you in the eyes...
    "Able bodied people use legs to move"

"lmfao you think disabled people can't go from place A to B"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Actually... yes, that has happened... though I usually look at the screen of products and their prices.... or my phone.
    It's gonna improve the more you interact with people

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know blind people. When talking to me they either just turn their face towards me, or their side with their ear facing me. Clear signs of them listening.

If " you " just stare at the clouds or watch other people as they walk By, ignoring me while I talk, I might smack some sense into your rude ass.
    Or you may get yourself knocked on your ass. Or people will consider you a jerk and avoid you as much as possible. I do not care if a person will look at me when I am talking to the point I would want to feel a need to hit them. If they act like they are not interested in what I am saying, then I will ignore them too.

But how did this thread topic turn into this type of discussion? Thought it was about concern for the health of your eyes? lol. The one thing you can do is get into the habit of wearing sunglasses when outside. They can reduce the advancement of cataracts and also help protect your eyes from injuries. If you use a computer a lot, you would be wise to use coated glasses to reduce glare and any harmful effects.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

)
    No, the conclusion is "You can too have meaningful relationships without meeting some arbitrary goal of eye contact".

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or you may get yourself knocked on your ass. Or people will consider you a jerk and avoid you as much as possible. I do not care if a person will look at me when I am talking to the point I would want to feel a need to hit them. If they act like they are not interested in what I am saying, then I will ignore them too.

But how did this thread topic turn into this type of discussion? Thought it was about concern for the health of your eyes? lol. The one thing you can do is get into the habit of wearing sunglasses when outside. They can reduce the advancement of cataracts and also help protect your eyes from injuries. If you use a computer a lot, you would be wise to use coated glasses to reduce glare and any harmful effects.
    What the hell would be the point of talking to me only to be so disrespectful and not pay any attention to what I say?

You gonna tell me you have super powers and can perfectly concentrate on 5 things at The same time?! Ridiculous. I have seen people getting fired for not paying enough attention. Showing you are actually interested in the conversation is achieved through regular eye contact. It doesn't have to be a staring contest since it becomes awkward after about 5 to 6 seconds of constant contact but still. Just wandering off makes me think you're either a tard or simply just incredibly rude.

I could bet money on the fact that it's the nerds and anti socials who pretend they don't have to look at you while in a conversation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, the conclusion is "You can too have meaningful relationships without meeting some arbitrary goal of eye contact".
    If a person is blind obviously that doesn't concern them and the able person will have reasonable understanding of the situation. The fact you can't figure this out by yourself....

Some people are interesting to interact with... (which is why I am here) others are mostly boring... I much rather interact with screen, to be honest.
    As long as you are honest about it and realize what the deal with it is, sure. From your post history I know you're no braindead dude. I myself prefer the screen to people but I learned to control my bodily gestures, facial expressions and eye contact simply because I need to be able to talk to Management level and above.

These people will eat and shit out shut ins

- - - Updated - - -

If a person is blind obviously that doesn't concern them and the able person will have reasonable understanding of the situation. The fact you can't figure this out by yourself....
    No, the fact that you can't figure out by yourself that your arbitrary rules of eye contact are not in any shape or form official... It even clashes with entire cultures, but perhaps people in those cultures don't form meaningful relationships?

Your rules don't just not apply to blind people, they don't apply to anyone but yourself. It's a tad bit worrying that you feel so strongly about eye contact that you can't decode social behaviour properly and see that someone's paying attention to you despite keeping eyes on other things.

Deleted
    I worry about them in terms of my vision, from time to time. I have cataracts and may one day need corrective surgery. My vision in very low light is basically gone already.

I don't have any problems with looking people in the eye though, that's kinda weird. You must have low self-esteem or anxiety or something.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-08-05 at 04:03 PM.

Ahh... that is unfortunate. I work in a cubicle, with other computer nerds, including the managers... we mostly communicate via email/slack, even though we sit literally 5 feet away.

IT tends to have a lot of introverts/people on the spectrum working in it. (Except the marketing people, of course)
    The fact that my old position as an account manager was so fucked up is the reason I'm changing to IT Projekt Management/Scrum master.

I love and prefer email over anything. But sometimes you just can't help it and then its crucial to be very decisive and give the other the impression (at least) that you deeply care about what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no, my eyes are healthy.

tho, i do try to avoid overly long eye contact.
    its creepy, and i start feeling insanely uncomfortable.

for example, i have a friend and he's very social and loves talking.
    however whenever you talk with him, at some point its like he's trying to stare into your soul.
    I learned my rules of eye contact from Asian friends, mixed with Western rules for eye-contact when I'm in official settings (job interviews and such). It's at a level where I'm comfortable, and people around me know that they have my attention even if I don't look them in their eyes.

These days, people can look you in the eyes regularly, but then do stuff with their phones which to me spells "I'm looking at you but paying attention to what's going on at this screen". That to me feels more rude than someone looking at other points whilst talking and means I'll always say "hold it", quit what I was doing on the phone and putting it away before I let people continue. Unless of course it's a passing interaction where there's no need.

10+ Year Old Account
    So bullshit as per usual. Got it

- - - Updated - - -
    More like your unfounded bullshit ideas about eye contacts and the application of traits in which to look for are unqualified quackery with no fucking scientific basis except for movies or fucking TV shows.

I don't need to fucking prove to you your claims are fucking ridiculous, and even more ridiculous you think you can diagnose or give any medical information.

Doesn't mean if they can't fucking dance, that their leg is fucking broken.

- - - Updated - - -

It's gonna improve the more you interact with people
    Based on what fucking qualifications and medical diagnosis would you be coming to that conclusion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

Don't worry I am sure fucking Jason Bourne here can handle himself should someone he's talking to in prison not look at him as he to tries this horseshit theory of his before he got the ever loving shit beat out of him by an inmate for not showing him enough respect or seeming submissive because he didn't look in his eyeballs long enough.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-08-05 at 04:57 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    when people look in my eyes i feel very uncomfortable because it feel like they will attack me to try and take my eyes... anyone else feel this same?
    Are you for real? The thread you create are just weird.