I don't know why but I'm convinced we're getting Kul Tiras as the new continent. Possibly because it's being really pushed on with the PTR datamining and Blizzcon key art, also like some here pointed out the map very much looks like it can hold multiple zones. Size/scale doesn't seem it's much of a problem (look at Tol Barad and Broken Isles)

I'm still not sure if if it's a good thing or not. Would you rather have Kul Tiras as an island-continent or a zone together with other islands?

I think, for now, the former is better. Look at how much new lore Broken Isles 2.0. brought. I definitely would like to see Zandalar and Kezan as leveling island-continents as well in their own respective expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    I don't know why but I'm convinced we're getting Kul Tiras as the new continent. Possibly because it's being really pushed on with the PTR datamining and Blizzcon key art, also like some here pointed out the map very much looks like it can hold multiple zones. Size/scale doesn't seem it's much of a problem (look at Tol Barad and Broken Isles)

I'm still not sure if if it's a good thing or not. Would you rather have Kul Tiras as an island-continent or a zone together with other islands?

I think, for now, the former is better. Look at how much new lore Broken Isles 2.0. brought. I definitely would like to see Zandalar and Kezan as leveling island-continents as well in their own respective expansions.
    I have three possible scenarios:

- Kul Tiras is actually added to Eastern Kingdoms as an end-game zone and focus of que story (maybe it's invading Lordaeron?) in a Lordaeron update expansion. Expansion title is "Invaders/Admirals/Pirate Lords of Kul Tiras" or something like that.

- Same as above, but Kul Tiras is not an end zone, but a starting Alliance zone nut end-game zone for Horde. Again, it is invading Lordaeron, but this time it's an Alliance vs. Horde expansion. The title refers to the pact of the Alliance that kickstarts the invasion, like "The Covenant of Kul Tiras".

- Kul Tiras is the main part of a new "continent" that is actually an archipelago or fused landmass, comprised of several known islands. In this case, Balor, Zul'Dare and Plunder Island are almost certain; Zandalar, Kezan and Tel'Abim are possibilities, and maybe we could even have a raised Nazjatar as the end-game zone. The new "continent" will be called Something (Archipelago/Atol/Isles) of Kul Tiras or Tirassian Something. In this case, title is less aggressive, like "Tides of Kul Tiras".

I really doubt Kul Tiras will be a continent by itself, when there's several other nearby islands that could be used to increase it, and the Cataclysm would allow such places to draw close to each other.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-08-08 at 12:41 PM.

I'm not a seismologist, nor am I interested in fighting over whats possible and whats not in a fantasy universe, but realistically speaking, islands moving for many miles across the sea, possible colliding with each other to fuse into bigger land mass would have devastating effect on everything thats on those islands. And I'm not sure how much Blizzard wants to pull fantasy card on this possible chain of events.

Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    I'm not a seismologist, nor am I interested in fighting over whats possible and whats not in a fantasy universe, but realistically speaking, islands moving for many miles across the sea, possible colliding with each other to fuse into bigger land mass would have devastating effect on everything thats on those islands. And I'm not sure how much Blizzard wants to pull fantasy card on this possible chain of events.
    There's three sinks in Azeroth's oceans (Maelstrom, that place between Stranglethorn jungle and cape, the pool in the center of Sholazar Basin). There's floating rocks in Twilight Highlands and Dalaran Crater. The Cataclysm caused two everlasting tornados (Darkshore and Westfall). Don't try to use too much real world logic here. It's possible that magic was used to soothe the effects and protect the inhabitants of Kul Tiras, or the islands didn't actually fused, just got closer to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There's three sinks in Azeroth's oceans (Maelstrom, that place between Stranglethorn jungle and cape, the pool in the center of Sholazar Basin). There's floating rocks in Twilight Highlands and Dalaran Crater. The Cataclysm caused two everlasting tornados (Darkshore and Westfall). Don't try to use too much real world logic here. It's possible that magic was used to soothe the effects and protect the inhabitants of Kul Tiras, or the islands didn't actually fused, just got closer to each other.
    Pretty much this, logic just can't be applied here. Who knows where Kul'tiras is and even so it makes no sense for it just move while other parts on the same tectonic plate didn't. Also Zandalar mostly sunk iirc.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

We are definitely getting Kul'Tiras, yeah? But there's no way in hell that and only that will be the new continent. I'd say that's 1/5 of the new land we will be getting.

I have three possible scenarios:

- Kul Tiras is actually added to Eastern Kingdoms as an end-game zone and focus of que story (maybe it's invading Lordaeron?) in a Lordaeron update expansion. Expansion title is "Invaders/Admirals/Pirate Lords of Kul Tiras" or something like that.

- Same as above, but Kul Tiras is not an end zone, but a starting Alliance zone nut end-game zone for Horde. Again, it is invading Lordaeron, but this time it's an Alliance vs. Horde expansion. The title refers to the pact of the Alliance that kickstarts the invasion, like "The Covenant of Kul Tiras".

- Kul Tiras is the main part of a new "continent" that is actually an archipelago or fused landmass, comprised of several known islands. In this case, Balor, Zul'Dare and Plunder Island are almost certain; Zandalar, Kezan and Tel'Abim are possibilities, and maybe we could even have a raised Nazjatar as the end-game zone. The new "continent" will be called Something (Archipelago/Atol/Isles) of Kul Tiras or Tirassian Something. In this case, title is less aggressive, like "Tides of Kul Tiras".

I really doubt Kul Tiras will be a continent by itself, when there's several other nearby islands that could be used to increase it, and the Cataclysm would allow such places to draw close to each other.
    Or a starting zone for the new Alliance race. Maybe that in addition to one of your scenarios.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    We are definitely getting Kul'Tiras, yeah? But there's no way in hell that and only that will be the new continent. I'd say that's 1/5 of the new land we will be getting.
    I hope so, don't want Kul'tiras to become second BI.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

How about something is happening with the Lich King AND the old gods, considering all the clues we got about undead and old gods. Also doesnt northrend already have old god presence with? Im not too much into the wow lore but I think this is very liekely
    - He who moves first always wins -

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    How about something is happening with the Lich King AND the old gods, considering all the clues we got about undead and old gods. Also doesnt northrend already have old god presence with? Im not too much into the wow lore but I think this is very liekely
    Doesn't mean they'll be next expansion, only that they'll happen at some point.
    So far, the only things we know for sure: Expansion has something to do with Kul Tiras, dragons will be important somehow and Jaina is the feature character in Blizzcon. All other info is, for now, speculation.

I'm surprised that there's no discussion about the PvP season ending, its relation to the launch of 7.3, and whether this sours us on an expansion announcement at Gamescom.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-08-08 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I'm surprised that there's no discussion about the PvP season ending, it's relation to the launch of 7.3, and whether this sours us on an expansion announcement at Gamescom.
    Well, according to the 77 days rule the 7.3 should be live on August 29th.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DelusionalBear View Post
    So the new expac It's not a "broken" shore but a "united" shore...

Basically I don't care about Kul Tiras. I understand that me, but as a WoW player, means nothing to me.
    Instead Zandalar ... that's is more intriguing that an "human city-state": "pirates", trolls, Rastakhan...

And as an usual Ally zone, even with "void/cultist elements" is something that I image visully boring, expecially compared to a new raised continent naga themed or a troll Isle. I dont know why, but in my mind its Val´sharah but instead of Black Rock Hold we got the Proudmoore Castel. :/

To me Kul Tiras will be the ally hub. In the pre patch we help Jaina to free/rebuild the isle... that became a mix between our class hall, buildings in the broken shore and Garrison's shypyard. Jaina still pissed of... but not evil.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Well, according to the 77 days rule the 7.3 should be live on August 29th.
    Which is exactly a few days after GamesCom. Will they really talk about the patch that is coming in 3 days?

Which is exactly a few days after GamesCom. Will they really talk about the patch that is coming in 3 days?
    Nobody knows. As it has been said many times, we will know next week.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Doesn't mean they'll be next expansion, only that they'll happen at some point.
    So far, the only things we know for sure: Expansion has something to do with Kul Tiras, dragons will be important somehow and Jaina is the feature character in Blizzcon. All other info is, for now, speculation.
    Dragon Isles?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Isles

Fits the theme of an island expansion, and it's backstory possibly involves the Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Dragon Isles?

Fits the theme of an island expansion, and it's backstory possibly involves the Naga.
    Anything is possible. Also...
    > wowwiki in 2k17
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Also, they can talk about what came next: Sargeras raid, patch 7.3.5... and who know? Maybe even the 8.0!

GamesCom is opened 22.08 for trade visitors and media (and selected public), the entertainment area is opened from Wednesday, 23.08.2017 to Saturday.
    Means a week before the 7.3 patch.

And maybe, just because part of the Dev Team will be at the GamesCom, the patch will be moved a week later...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Why not? Also, they can talk about what came next: Sargeras raid, patch 7.3.5... and who know? Maybe even the 8.0!

GamesCom is opened 22.08 for trade visitors and media (and selected public), the entertainment area is opened from Wednesday, 23.08.2017 to Saturday.
    Means a week before the 7.3 patch.

And maybe, just because part of the Dev Team will be at the GamesCom, the patch will be moved a week later...
    Is there any schedule to check? We might figure out something from the panel times.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Dragon Isles?

I know this concept and have cited it several times in my theories about a Lordaeron expansion (that could even be the next one). That, of course, provided they would still be in their original planned location (north of Lordaeron).