10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Lets go ahead and name this 8.0 Discussion Mega Thread
    Agreed tbh.
    I think this'll be exciting stuff.

I highly highly doubt it. People hate water anything in this game. It's one of the big things they talk about in area design. One of the reasons the Waterstriders work this expansion is because of people's hate for water.

Unless it takes place entirely on land, because, reasons, old God intellect, let me use this aquatic race for my land invasion. That's cosmic level intelligence right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder if we'll get ships and if so, how will they work c:

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    Oooh I've just seen something interesting. Apparently they have various sites and settlements.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Kul_Tiras

Hope you're all prepared for World of Warcraft: Kul'Tiras
    Boralus (Capital city):
    This is a generic section stub. You can help expand it by clicking Sprite-monaco-pencil Edit to the right of the section title. The main settlement on the island of Kul Tiras is Boralus, the capital city of the nation.

Drisburg:
    On the northern coastline of Kul Tiras, lies the remains of what used to be a town with a large amount of immigrants from Khaz Modan. It was a thriving community until the Third War, as a Scourge army arrived and moved to raid the town. The garrison was far too small to save the city and although Duke Falrevere was nearby with his fleet, he decided that even if he was able to save the town it would claim too many casualties, so he turned his ships and abandoned Kul Tiras.

Mowbry's Tavern

Crestfall:
    A large island off Kul Tiras’s northeast coast, Crestfall boasts a sizable community of boaters and fishermen. These people do not like strangers—some visitors are nearly shot when approaching a town at night on this island. The riflemen are constantly on guard from the naga have been plaguing them recently. Rumors abound that a large naga force, under a warlord called Zethresh, hides near Crestfall’s west shore. Zethresh reputedly seeks to cleanse the ocean and her isles of human encroachment.

Tiragarde Keep:
    The humans of Kul Tiras also have control over the small, ruined fort of Tiragarde Keep in Durotar. Formerly the citadel of Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore during his invasion of Durotar, it is now lorded over by one Lieutenant Benedict who wishes to continue Daelin's desire to kill all orcs and take Durotar.

The Maelstrom:
    According to lore around Sen'jin and the Darkspear tribe, the Kul Tiras marines made their way into what was possibly an island in the Broken Isles, the homeland of the Darkspear. With a powerful archmage, they established an outpost on the island, becoming a threat to the trolls. Zar'jira and the murlocs spelled doom for both the trolls and humans. While the Darkspear were rescued by Thrall and later joined the Horde, nothing has been said about what happened to the marines. The island was reportedly destroyed by Zar'jira the Sea Witch, so it is possible the remaining marines perished. Some may have escaped and gone on to join the force that later landed on the shores of Durotar.

Tol Barad:
    During the second war, it was an island citadel of Stromgarde. Years later, after the second war, the island nation of Kul Tiras claimed the former stronghold and established a magic prison over the ruins of the old fortress. Its secret is kept from many of the world and most are never allowed to visit. Tol Barad was the site of many historic battles in the Second War. Wizards from both Dalaran and Stormwind oversee the complex, and prisoners include enemy mages, lesser and greater demons, warlocks and undead war criminals. The wizards do not allow anyone near the island and keep the prison’s existence a secret.

The Sea:
    The biggest asset to Kul Tiras is also its greatest danger: the sea. To this end, Lieutenant Alverold was dispatched to scout the coasts of Kalimdor. In Kul Tiras, Murlocs and naga crawl from the sea to torment sailors and fishermen. Pirates roam the waters preying on merchant vessels. Captain Dannol Scurvgrin, a truly vile pirate lord, has ties to the Bloodsail Pirates of the South Seas and sees Kul Tiras as his next big prize. The Undermine map contains a boat path to/from Kul Tiras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I highly highly doubt it. People hate water anything in this game. It's one of the big things they talk about in area design. One of the reasons the Waterstriders work this expansion is because of people's hate for water.

Unless it takes place entirely on land, because, reasons, old God intellect, let me use this aquatic race for my land invasion. That's cosmic level intelligence right there.
    Vash'jir was too early, besides it'll be top 1 or 2 underwater zones, they can also do what FFXIV is doing with their new Primal Susano, keep it in a huge "bubble" so to speak think Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    I do wonder if we'll get ships and if so, how will they work c:
    I remember when the Shipyards came out in WoD and everyone speculated it was a test for player ships in future.

(I think people also mentioned that the devs like to test features out on a small-scale before implementing them i.e. the farm in Pandaria which then was expanded into the Garrison in WoD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Vash'jir was too early
    Vashj'ir wasn't too early, it was just a garbage zone.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post

We could also just walk underwater and have our enemies accessible from floor level. No world rule forces blizzard to have swimming in underwater areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    It was a very good zone with some serious technical difficulties. The plot and visuals were in no way garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite enjoyed it tbh, it's still to this date one of the most beautiful zones in this game. The only thing I disliked was that certain abilities wouldn't work.

Vash'jir was too early, besides it'll be top 1 or 2 underwater zones, they can also do what FFXIV is doing with their new Primal Susano, keep it in a huge "bubble" so to speak think Atlantis
    That just doesn't make sense for the Naga though and it's way too easy of a plot hole if we are the ones that set up the bubble as well. I can't see them making the water mistake again. It's cringy enough getting slowed down by it while mounted and going places in some zones. I can't think of one highlight in WoW that includes water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    It was a very good zone with some serious technical difficulties. The plot and visuals were in no way garbage
    The technical difficulties came with the territory. Plot and visuals are entirely subjective, I loathed them. More than that, though, the third-axis, and all its problems are not something I want to retread.

- - - Updated - - -

I quite enjoyed it tbh, it's still to this date one of the most beautiful zones in this game. The only thing I disliked was that certain abilities wouldn't work.
    Then what do you mean by "it was too early?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    6.2 had suramar item, and demons.

5.4 had iron horde textures + iron star

Seems legit.
    2.3 had howling fjord textures aswell.

They do these things intentionally and it's about that time now so it's safe to say it's the next, as obvious as it already was. Hype train activated!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    2.3 had howling fjord textures aswell.

They do these things intentionally and it's about that time now so it's safe to say it's the next, as obvious as it already was. Hype train activated!
    Pretty sure there were Worgen and Goblin Halloween masks on the PTR before Cataclysm was announced too.

Well... do we need underwater zones that have the same feeling as Vashjr? No. Just think about some kind of Underwater Domes or just having usual movement just underwater (so we must stick to the ground unless we unlock "flying").

I am super curious what the lore will behind all of this. I mean we kned Jaina was up to something and now she's coming back and I hope she's stronger than ever - and a really bad girl.

Pretty sure they'll announce the expansion at BlizzCon so why not tease us 4 months before with some datamining?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was not a garbage zone. Best zone Cata had, very beautiful and much more entertaining then Hyjal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The technical difficulties came with the territory. Plot and visuals are entirely subjective, I loathed them. More than that, though, the third-axis, and all its problems are not something I want to retread.

- - - Updated - - -

The "technical difficulties" and Z-axis issues are also entirely subjective. I greatly enjoyed the zone and had 0 issues with it. That being said, I understand its not for everyone. I wouldn't mind another water zone though, they're super beautiful and unique. I assume, though, it will be a raised continent kind of deal.

- - - Updated - - -

the great thing about humans is we have the ability to learn from our mistakes. Blizzard could not be silly enough to make another Z axis zone while still being able to create an underwater zone. Finding creative solutions to problems is kind of part of their job. Otherwise they would only be able to stick to that one trick that they did and worked, like making 20 copies of elwynn forest with different colors.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

As in, they couldn't handle the positioning of abilities (technical stuff) and there's one more word I am looking forward that better explains it but I can't for the life of me remember what the word was <.<

They can handle all that now by simply making underwater zones where we'll be walking around instead of swimming (they'll come up with some lore stuff behind it) and they can simply make a huge Suramar city zone just underwater. We'll see, but I think we gotta start accepting that 8.0 = Naga expansion.

Besides, I think a majority of the zones will be land based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was not a garbage zone. Best zone Cata had, very beautiful and much more entertaining then Hyjal.
    It was boring and visually unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    The "technical difficulties" and Z-axis issues are also entirely subjective. I greatly enjoyed the zone and had 0 issues with it. That being said, I understand its not for everyone. I wouldn't mind another water zone though, they're super beautiful and unique. I assume, though, it will be a raised continent kind of deal.
    No, those actually aren't subjective. They're reality. Try playing a class with placeable AoE.

As in, they couldn't handle the positioning of abilities (technical stuff) and there's one more word I am looking forward that better explains it but I can't for the life of me remember what the word was <.<

They can handle all that now by simply making underwater zones where we'll be walking around instead of swimming (they'll come up with some lore stuff behind it) and they can simply make a huge Suramar city zone just underwater. We'll see, but I think we gotta start accepting that 8.0 = Naga expansion.

Besides, I think a majority of the zones will be land based.
    7.3 added a blacksmith item that adds anchors to your boots, making you sink in water to walk on the bottom. Problem solved.