Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    Eredar are essentially draenei.
    And they are still not demons. They were corrupted by fel. By that logic green orcs are also demons. Pit Lords, Nathrezim and all the warlock pets beside void walker. Those are demons. Demon Hunters, Eredar and Orcs simply have demonic taint.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Let's not go down that path again. Leave it for the 9.0 hype thread
    Apologies, thought we were discussing what demons were prior to becoming demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    And they are still not demons. They were corrupted by fel. By that logic green orcs are also demons. Pit Lords, Nathrezim and all the warlock pets beside void walker. Those are demons. Demon Hunters, Eredar and Orcs simply have demonic taint.
    Yes and no, every demonic race existed as a normal race of some sort prior to becoming tainted by the fel.

I'd also like to mention that Demon Hunters do count as demons, given that they die in the same manner as demons... According to Illidan in the starting zone.
    Last edited by Ghargatuloth; 2017-10-19 at 11:33 AM.

Eredar are essentially draenei.
    Draenei are the only pure Eredar left. Those in Legion have been corrupted.

Though Eredar are not really demons, only the corrupted Man'ari became demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apologies, thought we were discussing what demons were prior to becoming demons.

Yes and no, every demonic race existed as a normal race of some sort prior to becoming tainted by the fel.
    Wasn't pointed at you specifically, just that there has been a lengthy discussion about are draenei and eredar the same, who would be the subrace and so on.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Sadly we are at a point where a new class a new race, sub races or 4th spec is close to impossible. Yet all "leaks" included at least one.
    How are those close to impossible? One of those is all but guaranteed. They've given us some kind of customization with every expansion (if you count new models in WoD) and since a new class was just added and 4th specs are a headache (but not impossible), so either a new race or subraces are most likely.

I maintain my opinion that sub-races are not worth a mention as a "major" feature. Especially given that most of the sub-races are cosmetic things like tattoos, horns, skin tones, etcs... We saw the barber shop added in WotLK alongside a new class.

Not sure why everyone believes sub-races deserve to be a big time feature... Only way I see them being that big of a thing is if they split them all to different starting zones with new racials or something.

Actually... Even then it sort of just feels like fluff... I don't know. It feels lacking. Not saying it shouldn't happen... But yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever played Soul Calibur? It is my belief that the Light might actually be MORE dangerous than the shadow.

My theory is that Naaru are the next stage after becoming "Lightforged". They've been very vague on how Naaru reproduce or whatever you might call what they do.

Keep following the light, we'll all end up mindless crystal drones!
    Or like the WBC in real life...

Edit: Ilgynoth whispers of a bright surface masking shadows. Archbishop Benedictus did something similar, as did Xera. Sometimes I wonder if they're technically one and the same. The Naaru are the Void brethren after all. Azeroth's races are mostly not blind to the Light and Void's tricks, unlike the Draenei and Ethereals.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-10-19 at 11:40 AM.

I maintain my opinion that sub-races are not worth a mention as a "major" feature. Especially given that most of the sub-races are cosmetic things like tattoos, horns, skin tones, etcs... We saw the barber shop added in WotLK alongside a new class.

Not sure why everyone believes sub-races deserve to be a big time feature... Only way I see them being that big of a thing is if they split them all to different starting zones with new racials or something.

Actually... Even then it sort of just feels like fluff... I don't know. It feels lacking. Not saying it shouldn't happen... But yeah.
    Races are just cosmetic, yet they've always been big features. Some people even prefer them to a new class.

The new character models were just cosmetic, yet were announced as a big feature. People closely followed their development and provided tons of feedback once they got their hands on them.

Subraces are a combination of those two, they're new cosmetics for the existing races.

Deleted
    guuuys im so fking thirsty for info. like its like this every 2 years, i hate waiting for the reveal xd only wow has the power to that to me

testament to how legendary this game used to be. USED

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    guuuys im so fking thirsty for info. like its like this every 2 years, i hate waiting for the reveal xd only wow has the power to that to me
    I love it personally haha. Same with the period at the end of an expansion to prepare yourself before the next one, it gives me time to do many things on various characters!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We're sooooo reaching 1250 pages at least before Blizzcon.
    Wasn't page 900 only yesterday? I know it wont be 50 pages every day, but still is some really fast moving. And Blizzcon week is gonna be littered with leaks moreso than Gamescom week.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Races are just cosmetic, yet they've always been big features. Some people even prefer them to a new class.

The new character models were just cosmetic, yet were announced as a big feature. People closely followed their development and provided tons of feedback once they got their hands on them.

Subraces are a combination of those two, they're new cosmetics for the existing races.
    That absolutely does NOT parallel.

The visually updated models took the existing races and COMPLETELY overhauled them, they went from having just a few polygons for faces with textures as features to fully realized and expressive.

While on the other hand the "sub-races" most everyone seem to covet so greatly exist as "Dark Iron/Wildhammer" or "Taunka/Highmountain" or "Brown/Dragonmaw" for orcs. My point being that most ALL of these exist in large part in the game already. They would only really need to add a couple more options on top of what's already here or even just do a recolor job on what we have.

How can you even remotely think they are even close to the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    We're sooooo reaching 1250 pages at least before Blizzcon.
    Went on a lunch break and came back to 6 new pages D:

Well, I guess the Yankees are waking up about now.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Yes, but which one? Beside the one the author confirmed to be fake all of them were very poorly written. Like they knew too much for a leak, didn't add anything we havent speculated on for months, or just simply read as a wishlist. Sadly we are at a point where a new class a new race, sub races or 4th spec is close to impossible. Yet all "leaks" included at least one.
    I've been following this crap for a very long time. My experience tells me that we should trust the datamining. In-game clues only tell us that at some point in the future, we'll see x and y. But the datamining of the Kul Tiras quest gear, the raptor and the horse are really what we ought to be looking at.

In my view, the two most likely scenarios right now are these:

• Oceans
    • Northrend

In either of these, we'll likely see dragons and the void involved somehow. There may or may not be a world revamp. But it's probably far too early to go all in on the void themes. I'm thinking 8.0 is about oceans, 9.0 involves Northrend, and 10.0 is all in on the Void. This follows the MoP -> WoD -> Legion theme of a slow setup, a build-up with a revamp of an old fan favourite continent, and a finale which goes 110% and then doubles it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    How are those close to impossible? One of those is all but guaranteed. They've given us some kind of customization with every expansion (if you count new models in WoD) and since a new class was just added and 4th specs are a headache (but not impossible), so either a new race or subraces are most likely.
    New race:

Blizzard can't even work with the ammount of races we have now. Trolls don't have a proper leader or a capital city of their own. Tauren have a leader but Bane does fuck all. Forsaken only have one character with actual character development and even her writing is stale. Trade Prince Gallywix has no permanent place in game. Pandaren have no actual racial leaders and their "district" is by far the smallest.
    The worgen district is the second smallest and isn't even on the same continent as their racial leader. Gnomes are still waiting for their lore and their city.

You really think Blizz would add another one? I mean they could, but even the current ones don't have as much love as they should. Not to mention Blizzard has a hard time writing for more than two races at a time. And we have thirteen.

Sub races:

Nope. It only works for some of the races. Tauren and Trolls could easily get four. Dwarfs have three. Forsaken maybe two...and you get problems when you reach humans, worgen, pandaren. I sure hope Blizz wouldn't add an uneven system. And some races just werent designed with subraces in mind.

Deleted
    As it stands, the probably races are as follows;
    Ethereal A/H
    Naga A/H
    Ogre H something else alliance, some people suggest naga or etheral but i think theyre gonna have to be neutral
    If no races, then it has to be sub-races, there are very clear sub races for existing races but some other ones dont have any and itd be weird to get them out of thin air.

While on the other hand the "sub-races" most everyone seem to covet so greatly exist as "Dark Iron/Wildhammer" or "Taunka/Highmountain" or "Brown/Dragonmaw" for orcs. My point being that most ALL of these exist in large part in the game already. They would only really need to add a couple more options on top of what's already here or even just do a recolor job on what we have.

How can you even remotely think they are even close to the same?
    There are easy subraces, such as Mag'har Orcs, which is literally just mapping the existing skin colors to new player customization options, and Wildhammer, which are mostly about the tattoos.
    For Taunka, the male heads would need an HD overhaul, and the female version doesn't exist right now.
    Forest Trolls need completely new models, while Broken Draenei interestingly got overhauled recently (which is obviously, despite the context of Argus, one of the things suggesting upcoming subraces)
    Nightfallen as they are now in the game are not ready for use as PCs (if they plan subraces, they definitely have a PC branch of that race's models - that would mostly be effort done in the past, but still effort done)
    If they want to provide subraces for all races, that would mean even more work on yet non-existing models for subraces/clans we know, but that use the default models.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Sub races:

Nope. It only works for some of the races. Tauren and Trolls could easily get four. Dwarfs have three. Forsaken maybe two...and you get problems when you reach humans, worgen, pandaren. I sure hope Blizz wouldn't add an uneven system. And some races just werent designed with subraces in mind.
    Humans could have half-elves or Vrykul. Make Kaldorei-worgen visually distinct from Gilnean Worgen (it is a corrupted druid form after all) and you have atleast one sub race for them.

For Pandaren I have no ideas, but do Subraces need to be a balanced act?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    There are easy subraces, such as Mag'har Orcs, which is literally just mapping the existing skin colors to new player customization options, and Wildhammer, which are mostly about the tattoos.
    For Taunka, the male heads would need an HD overhaul, and the female version doesn't exist right now.
    Forest Trolls need completely new models, while Broken Draenei interestingly got overhauled recently (which is obviously, despite the context of Argus, one of the things suggesting upcoming subraces)
    Nightfallen as they are now in the game are not ready for use as PCs (if they plan subraces, they definitely have a PC branch of that race's models - that would mostly be effort done in the past, but still effort done)
    If they want to provide subraces for all races, that would mean even more work on yet non-existing models for subraces/clans we know, but that use the default models.
    As Saphano said, it would be unreasonably bizarre for every race that does not have a reasonable counterpart to just have new sub-races pop out of thin air.