Having issues with an HDMI splitter

So I bought a splitter so I could hook up both my PC and ps4 to my monitor and for some reason if the computer goes to sleep or is off the splitter stops sending signal to the screen even though its on the ps4's side.

Anyone have any idea why that might happen and if there's a way to fix it? When I google the issue I actually found people having the opposite problem where if the console goes to sleep the screen stops working but the computer is fine but I didn't see a fix for that either.

Also if anyone has any ideas for hooking up my headphones to both my controller and the back of my PC in a not horrendous way I'd appreciate it. Been a pain swapping it back and forth.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Do you have a splitter or a switch? A splitter is for connecting one source to multiple displays and a switch is for connecting multiple sources to a single display. They’re finicky little devices and an active one is always the better choice. Some are just total crap.

As for the headset - I suppose you could use a female to 2 male splitter with some extension cables but that’s gonna a frankenmess of cables. A better choice would be a headset with a detachable cable and pick up a spare cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

@Cerus Its a switch, talked to someone else apparently its a quirk with the thing and it requires power to be coming in from anything connected to it or it won't work. Though that's apparently not a hard rule because the playstation can be off and it still works fine but if the PC is off then it stops working. Looks like my only solution with this thing is to delay the PC's sleep timer to a really long one.

Probably should find a better one, preferably with a remote this time.

Yeah that was my problem on the headphone front, I wonder if there's a 1M > 2F that fits my headphones(Seinnheiser hd 598) then I could just link up the cables. My problem is I like swapping back and forth all the time and it'd be a pain in the ass to have to constantly swap the cable. Though still better than what I'm currently doing.

I think (would have to double check to make sure I didn't pitch it) I've got a powered switch with remote that I no longer use or need - you're welcome to have it if you're on my side of the globe.

1m to 2f is the standard stereo y cable and as long as your headphones are 3.5mm then it'll fit. Not making sense in my head how that would help though. It would mainly be used for plugging two headphones into one source.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Figure I plug the Y cable into the headphones, and then plug the cables from there into the pc / controller. Think there just might not be any good ways to have both hooked up at the same time.

I'm in the US (jersey specifically)

IL here - the switch is the Kinivo 301BN https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-301BN-.../dp/B0049S6ZUS I used it on an older bedroom TV that only had one HDMI input before upgrading the TV. It's yours if ya want it since I can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good tech even though I'll never use it again. I guess everybody has to collect something haha