Deleted
    Now to put on my harlem globetrotter costume and I'll be the talk of the town.

What could possibly go wrong?

(He's deleted his tweet btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Do you watch and analyze games only by the league positions?
    Depends, if its a league I dont watch much I'll look at their position and goal difference, and their GD isnt that crash hot 18 for and 31 against. So -13.

Tells you a lot about how the team is performing that year. So not that surprised barcelona beat a team whos on -13

It doesnt factor in form of course so its not 100%

From an outside point of view, Man United is the worst team to watch in the EPL. Why? Because of the way they play when compared to the players they have. You expect a team in last place or second to last to be poor, you don't expect the 2nd placed team to be such a bore to watch. I'm sure I'll get a lot of grief here due to all of the Utd fans but really, Mourinho sucks all of the joy at watching football.

And I'll say the same for my league that I focus on and Atletico Madrid. They get results but they are awful to watch when considering the players that they have. I'd rather watch all of Deportivo's games in a season than one game of Atletico.

From an outside point of view, Man United is the worst team to watch in the EPL. Why? Because of the way they play when compared to the players they have. You expect a team in last place or second to last to be poor, you don't expect the 2nd placed team to be such a bore to watch. I'm sure I'll get a lot of grief here due to all of the Utd fans but really, Mourinho sucks all of the joy at watching football.

And I'll say the same for my league that I focus on and Atletico Madrid. They get results but they are awful to watch when considering the players that they have. I'd rather watch all of Deportivo's games in a season than one game of Atletico.
    Man utd vs liverpool was boring. Man utd vs arsenal was not.

It takes two teams to tango. Most teams end up defending with 11 vs utd so we cant counter them and its another case of breaking down the 3 walls to get off shots. Which isnt that exciting compared to both teams running end to end.

I get the idea people might be upset at a 500million dollar team sitting back and playing counter attacking. But its a very successful style of winning football games, something mou has made a career on.

If people that spend money to go to old trafford have a problem with it I can understand because its a lot of money going to the games these days. I would ask them though who they want instead that is a realistic target that isnt already employed and who will get better results.

Its not like utd haven't been struggling with finishing outside the top 4 and getting knocked out of the CL by basel etc in the past few years.

Progress is being made we just rely on certain players far too much for a squad this expensive. Players like pogba, if they dont turn up or get sent off our creativity drops massively.

15+ Year Old Account

This one United fan is going to agree with you, I was pretty bored watching today's game. Dunno really who to blame, the players themselves or Mourinho, but I do hope something changes. I mean getting results is important, but I also watch for entertainment.

Deleted
    Teams park the living jesus against RM, Barca, City or Chelsea just as much as against MU if not more so.

It's all in the style and the individual / collective expression on display.

Lukaku (when he isn't scoring) is not an interesting player to watch. For example.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Teams park the living jesus against RM, Barca, City or Chelsea just as much as against MU if not more so.

It's all in the style and the individual / collective expression on display.

Lukaku (when he isn't scoring) is not an interesting player to watch. For example.

Modric/marcelo > young/Lingard though. Bit unfair to say that when Barcelona/RM have the best players in the world to play possession based footy. Just like Pep does after he spends 1 billion then fucks off and leaves the team in shambles because its built for one style of play only.

Even barcelona has toned that style down and are more defensively robust as messi and iniesta age and post xavi
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-17 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No it was vs west brom and they actually sacked a decent manager to make it easier for us
    And still managed to make it look hard in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    And still managed to make it look hard in the second half.
    Pardew probably promised the boys a night out at the Bandit Queen gentlemens club at half time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    This one United fan is going to agree with you, I was pretty bored watching today's game. Dunno really who to blame, the players themselves or Mourinho, but I do hope something changes. I mean getting results is important, but I also watch for entertainment.
    Getting the results is important, but they play like that and look a very real risk of not getting them.

I dunno if Mourinho will be there next season, he was never a popular choice, and last season was very much a free pass on the lack of style because he's new, had a lot of injuries, and we got through to the CL. Seem to have reverted right back to that, but without the extensive injuries.

Throw in that he's fallen out with Miki, and no one wants to sign new contracts, it's all gone a bit weird.

I dunno if Mourinho will be there next season, he was never a popular choice, and last season was very much a free pass on the lack of style because he's new, had a lot of injuries, and we got through to the CL. Seem to have reverted right back to that, but without the extensive injuries.

Throw in that he's fallen out with Miki, and no one wants to sign new contracts, it's all gone a bit weird.
    Everyone forgetting about bailly Yes hes a centerback, but hes vital to not making our defense a shaky mess. No fellaini for months. Carrick has retired or something. Pogba injured half the year then suspended. Rojo wasnt back till last month and is injured again. You sure on the lack of injuries there?

The mkhi situation is weird, hes been dropped never to be seen again.

And I was worried about herrera's contract situation ages ago and you said it would be fine! They extended it but he still hasnt signed a new one, so im convinced hes got his heart set on a reunion with his old boss at barca.

Mata and fellaini are out of contract soon they could leave because they are older and not 100% starters. Might want more game time, cant blame that on the manager, they are over 30 and cant start every week its natural they will move on to a different team and take a quality downgrade to get more minutes.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-17 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Everyone forgetting about bailly Yes hes a centerback, but hes vital to not making our defense a shaky mess. No fellaini for months. Carrick has retired or something. Pogba injured half the year then suspended. Rojo wasnt back till last month and is injured again. You sure on the lack of injuries there?

The mkhi situation is weird, hes been dropped never to be seen again.

And I was worried about herrera's contract situation ages ago and you said it would be fine! They extended it but he still hasnt signed a new one, so im convinced hes got his heart set on a reunion with his old boss at barca.

Mata and fellaini are out of contract soon they could leave because they are older and not 100% starters. Might want more game time, cant blame that on the manager, they are over 30 and cant start every week its natural they will move on to a different team and take a quality downgrade to get more minutes.
    Bailly has plenty of cover, Rojo was back today. Fellaini was never a starter, and neither was Carrick. Only Pogba's really a 'first XI' miss. We shouldn't be that dependent on one guy to permit us to play football.

We're also looking at losing Shaw and Blind.

Bailly has plenty of cover, Rojo was back today. Fellaini was never a starter, and neither was Carrick. Only Pogba's really a 'first XI' miss. We shouldn't be that dependent on one guy to permit us to play football.

We're also looking at losing Shaw and Blind.
    Yea but when that cover is jones or smalling it leaves a lot to be desired. Fellaini and Carrick were very important players. Fellaini had worked himself into a starting position before his injury. And we shouldnt rely on pogba but we do. Take Hazard out of chelsea and lets see how they do.

Shaw should go on loan but its hard to say what will happen with him. Played well last few games, probably get another run out in the league cup and go from there. He could still turn it around. Dont care what happens to blind, hope we sell him. Hes awful.

Funny how all the ManU fans here except for a specific little snowflake can say that their team plays boring football.

Bayern has won their last 3 games 1-0. Are the points important? Yes. Did they play entertaining football? No, and I miss it.

Good to have a 11 point lead but if they play like they have revecently the cup game against Dortmund on Wednesday will be a little too nerve wracking. And a demolishing of Dortmund is never wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought Blind had been rather consistent the times I've watched him play, but maybe that's just me.

I thought Blind had been rather consistent the times I've watched him play, but maybe that's just me.
    Hes not a bad player. Just guilty of making big mistakes that cost goals. Hes been at fault for a lot of goals when hes on the left wing, tis why he barely plays there anymore and young gets in over him. As well as young can kick a better cross into the box

10+ Year Old Account
    He always has been. Just isn't tall enough for Mou.

Just one example of blind and his disappearing brain act.

Not to mention his fault in the goal when basel beat us 1-0

nearly every highlight is their right winger beating blind and whipping in crosses. Goal at minute 7.30. Blind sliding into oblivion
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-17 at 11:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't able to watch either of these matches but yeah you make a fair point that he makes some silly mistakes sometimes, however the times I've seen him play he's played well. Every player makes mistakes after all. If Blind makes too many... that is debatable, I guess.

I wasn't able to watch either of these matches but yeah you make a fair point that he makes some silly mistakes sometimes, however the times I've seen him play he's played well. Every player makes mistakes after all. If Blind makes too many... that is debatable, I guess.
    Not the kinda quality you want in a defender. If they are a midfielder or attacker making mistakes further up the pitch trying to beat their man its not so bad and thats normal. Making mistakes when you're often the last man left apart from the keeper isnt so desirable.

Ashley Young is guilty of the same, but at least he can whip in a nice cross to big Rom. A job perisic would be doing if jose got his 4th transfer that he wanted.

Either way, left back has been up for grabs for someone to make it their own all season. Our main weakness this season really has been that left back position.