Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes, that your comment is either born of ignorance or stupidity and you ought to educate yourself to rectify that problem.

EVERYONE knows there's going to be a reset button pushed and at least half the dead characters will come back to life as though nothing even happened.

Every comic fan knows this, we don't care, we're used to it. The fun is in watching the cool battles that lead up to it.
    Ah, i'm glad the cool battles are enough for you darling.

Just watched the movie, goddamn this was good. Lil Gamora got me all emotional and Thanos was great.

Really does feel like everything at the end of Thor Ragnarok was completely pointless.

Also went into this hoping there would be a supposedly dead villain popping back up(Helya or Ultron) but was really surprised there was one, just not who I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ah, i'm glad the cool battles are enough for you darling.
    What, you watch super-hero movies for the deep plot and well-developed stories?

HA!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yes, that your comment is either born of ignorance or stupidity and you ought to educate yourself to rectify that problem.

EVERYONE knows there's going to be a reset button pushed and at least half the dead characters will come back to life as though nothing even happened.

Every comic fan knows this, we don't care, we're used to it. The fun is in watching the cool battles that lead up to it.
    I'm trying to understand why you got so triggered by this guy. All he said was Marvel didn't know just how big Black Panther would be. He is right. If they had known, he would've been more prominent in Infinity War.

Its like how when Wonder Woman came out, they had no planned sequels and didn't even have the director under contract for another film. Different studio, same mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I'm trying to understand why you got so triggered by this guy. All he said was Marvel didn't know just how big Black Panther would be. He is right. If they had known, he would've been more prominent in Infinity War.

Its like how when Wonder Woman came out, they had no planned sequels and didn't even have the director under contract for another film. Different studio, same mistake.
    Because historically movies with non-white-male leads have fared horribly in theaters. They didn't expect success because history has shown them the result is failure.

Times have changed. It's fairly typical for massive corporations to be slow to catch up with society.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

What, you watch super-hero movies for the deep plot and well-developed stories?

HA!
    Well yeah....a big part of marvels success is them taking the source material seriously and making it grounded and real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah....a big part of marvels success is them taking the source material seriously and making it grounded and real.
    Within a super-hero context. These aren't terrifically deep and moving stories to begin with.

Just, be kind.

Within a super-hero context. These aren't terrifically deep and moving stories to begin with.
    Theres really no need to put the leash on any genre just because you're an angry guy on the internet.

Story is story. Doesnt matter what medium it is through. Good stories will always respond to people even if they are dressed up in an Ironman suit or someone playing sherlock in a play. Its so arbitrary to say superhero movies must be made one way when the genre is so open to such universal themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres really no need to put the leash on any genre just because you're an angry guy on the internet.

Story is story. Doesnt matter what medium it is through. Good stories will always respond to people even if they are dressed up in an Ironman suit or someone playing sherlock in a play. Its so arbitrary to say superhero movies must be made one way when the genre is so open to such universal themes.
    I didn't actually say any of that. I said these stories are "good" within the scope of "comic book good". They're not "good" in the context of other literature or classic films.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Wrong! thats what BP2 is for

Yeah, that's my job!

Man they really wanted us to cry for Spidey and they freaken succeeded so bravo Marvel. this was definitely Marvel's Empire Strikes Back, here's hoping part 2 manages to be a better finale than Return of the Jedi.

Lol, they cockblocked TVverse and Netflixverse so hard. Absolutely no freaking way the TV shows can ignore this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah my problem with the ending was how overboard it was. Its too obvious it will mean nothing after the end of infinity war part 2

It also really highlights how disney marvel had no idea what they had with black panther
    That was my thing too. When winter soldier, drax and falcon disintegrated first I was like "OMFG!!"

Then star lord, Spider-Man, Strange and BP disintegrated and I was like "oh lol, it's all gonna be reversed by part 2"

Anyway. My fan theory is that this was the only winning outcome Strange foresaw, because by letting Thanos win he directly caused the events that lead to Captain Marvel joining the fray.

Sounds like they switched the role of Adam Warlock for Dr. Strange. (Warlock was the only one that could out-think Thanos)

Just saw it and loved it. I very rarely have interest in a movie enough to rewatch it, much less watch it multiple times in a short period of time, but I'll probably be seeing it several more times while it's in theaters. I call bullshit on Feige (or whoever it was) saying "heroes dying in Infinity War will stay dead".

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The dream now is to somehow include Deadpool into IF 2, considering that he and Thanos have history in the comics and Disney acquired Deadpool rights.
    I think it's still too early, I don't know when they're folding in the Disney properties but I think IF2 was already in the pipeline before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I agree. Between Zemo, Tooms, Thanos etc I think it's improved. Heck I liked Ultron a good deal. And people seemed to like Killmonger and the guy from Ragnarok on the junk planet.
    I'd honestly love to see Ultron back at some point, James Spader did a great voice, with some better writing he could be a great villain. I think the AoU script just got a bit out of hand and it needed another pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    For those that missed it Ant-man and Hawkeye made a deal with the Government and are on House Arrest.

Ant-man and the Wasp will be set before Infinity War and most likely the end of the Ant-man film lines up with start of Infinity War.
    Yeah I'm kind of expecting that to be a lighter adventure film before the events of IW, and maybe in the end credits scene one or both of them turns to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It was a great movie, the one thing that upsets me is that Quill is such a moron exactly at the wrong time, that was so cheesy and totally expected.
    If you think about it, Dr Strange saw every possible outcome and this is the only one where they won - which means that there are precisely ZERO alternate universes in which Quill was able to hold his shit together upon learning of Gamora's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Saw the movie. Thought it was great. There are a few things that bother me though:

1) Lady Death's exclusion. I saw an article once about the MCU's reasoning for not putting cosmic entities in. It's because they're too fantastical. Yet somehow, magic stones aren't. The whole thing is stupid as hell. One idea someone brought up was that since Lady Death is more tied to Deadpool, that the MCU simply can't use her out of copyright issues.

2) The convenience of who lives and who dies. All of the original avengers survive, and all of the newer ones die, even though it seemingly was at random. I find it really odd that Pym, Scott and Hope all survive for their movie in the coming months. It's too convenient. It all is.

3) Power and Space stones were used too much, while the Reality stone was used for parlor tricks and the Soul stone wasn't used at all. This is kinda weird, considering the Reality stone would have given Thanos everything he wished for pretty much instantly (I know, it would have made for a boring movie).

I'd still give the movie a 9.
    1) I think the main reason is that if she'd been included they'd either have to set up two characters instead of one, or leave her totally undeveloped which would be unsatisfying. As it is, they use his relationship with Gamora to make him more nuanced, and fortunately she's already been set up so we're already invested in her. Personally I think it was the right call, the MCU departs from the comics a lot but mostly keeps the spirit the same. They can always get into metaphysical beings later.

2) I suspect it'll actually be more like the reverse in IW2 - the ones who "survive" here get one last hurrah to save the day, and end up mostly dying to save those who perished in IW1.

3) Best not to think about the stones too much aha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Just saw it and loved it. I very rarely have interest in a movie enough to rewatch it, much less watch it multiple times in a short period of time, but I'll probably be seeing it several more times while it's in theaters. I call bullshit on Feige (or whoever it was) saying "heroes dying in Infinity War will stay dead".
    Not sure who said that, but if true it probably means by the end of IW, ie IW part 2. The deaths in IW part 1 won't necessarily stick I'm sure. No way they're killing Spider-Man for one thing aha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Sounds like they switched the role of Adam Warlock for Dr. Strange. (Warlock was the only one that could out-think Thanos)
    I reckon his role will be divided between Dr Strange and Captain Marvel. Sort of. The MCU doesn't really translate the comic stories literally, I suspect when all's said and done Infinity War the film will be as much like Infinity War in the comics as Captain America: Civil War was like the Civil War storyline in the comics. Ie, not very.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Lol, they cockblocked TVverse and Netflixverse so hard. Absolutely no freaking way the TV shows can ignore this one.
    I will honestly be a little pissed if they don't at least mention it in the shows in a season or two when they catch up.

Bare minimum "hey Jessica, remember when half the planet went poof last year?", "yeah Matt that sure was weird".

Although of course, the films might turn back time and de-happen it all.

But honestly, I really want the shows and movies to tie in more closely. At least the Netflix ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember they teased Adam Warlock at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy vol2...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not sure who said that, but if true it probably means by the end of IW, ie IW part 2. The deaths in IW part 1 won't necessarily stick I'm sure. No way they're killing Spider-Man for one thing aha.
    It's been at least a month or two since I read it. I assume what I'm remembering may have been a clickbait title talking about this. Specifically...
    One criticism you’ve gotten is when somebody dies in a Marvel movie, they tend to come back in some way. If it happens, will it be for real this time?
    Yes. I mean, I could always list off the characters that we’ve killed in our movies that haven’t come back, but the big ones, which I know they’re looking at …? [Pause.] I would just say, yes. People need to be careful what they wish for.
    But he doesn't seem to be specifically talking about Infinity War and not A4, so there's wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    Remember they teased Adam Warlock at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy vol2...
    I assume he's going to be part of GotG3 or something because it's too early to bring him in to IW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I assume he's going to be part of GotG3 or something because it's too early to bring him in to IW2.
    yeah I pretty much thought that as soon as I posted it