Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    Overall though, it was a fantastic film. It's not marvels best, ranking is easily: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War. The only people who don't agree are A) The mentally inferred B) Racists or C) People who don't like Thor(protip: They don't exist, everyone loves Thor)
    Opinions being like ass holes, I will go ahead and say "yours stinks". You dont get to call me racist because I found the movie to be entirely mediocre, on par with Thor 1&2. It wasnt BAD, it just wasnt great either.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    "I think people have interpreted it as Hulk's scared. I mean, certainly, that's not a - I don't know that the Hulk is ever... he's had his ass kicked before, and he loves a good fight. But I think that it's really reflective of the journey from Ragnarok. Is that these two characters are constantly in conflict with each other over control. And I think that if the Hulk were to say why, it'd be (that) Banner only wants Hulk for fighting. I think he's had enough of saving Banner's ass."

https://movieweb.com/avengers-infini...-fight-thanos/

- - - Updated - - -

this is all clearly leading up to a smart hulk merger. were gonna get a new hulk status quo by the end of infinity war part 2
    Alright, thanks. They did, indeed do a poor job expressing that.
    However, MCU HULK has NOT had his ass kicked, in any way, shape or form close to what Thanos did when he bitched him out in all of 5 seconds. Fuck man, I mean he tuned big green up like he was a fucking sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    He doesn't seem quite so crazy in Infinity War, is the problem. They're trying to depict him as this anti-hero, when he really, really isn't. :\ That's my issue, I guess. Either depict him as the insane psychopath bent on twisting the universe to his whims, or if you're gonna make him seem sane and rational, have him come up with a sane and rational solution.
    I don't remotely think they are trying to paint him as an anti-hero. He's a villain, through and through. Humanizing the villain does not an anti-hero make.

Thanos might himself look in the mirror and thinks he sees a hero, but that is not the same as being an actual anti-hero.

Also crazy comes in all shapes and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So I'm not allowed to criticize others? What kind of world do you live in buddy?
    It's weird that you joined the fray to piss in everyone's Cheerios and are now getting salty because someone got bothered by it.

Well, no not exactly. I made an observation (one that has still yet to face any criticism itself) and have only received "lol u dont like it dont post" replies. Do explain to me where anybody has attacked anything I said rather than my mere presence here. You all would rather attack me than the points I brought up in typical MMO-C fashion XD
    You wrote:
    Why are there so many ''geniuses'' in this thread that are so eager to sqawk "oh it's so obvious the dead heroes are going to come back stupid movie is stupid", yet I see nobody making the same argument that Thanos won in the end of the movie.

So why no "REEEEEEE" for that to the degree of, "dumb marvel wants us to believe that the avengers just lost and Thanos won thats it no more?"
    Because you dopes know that there is a 2nd part to the movie, and you already know that Thanos is going to lose. Why are you being so rampantly and ridiculously critical of the heroes dying (which was done very well imho)

Marvel didn't expect anybody to really think that nobody was ever going to come back, I mean they have already brought back several ''dead'' people in their movies before (Loki anybody?).

Can't you just enjoy a movie without being so damned pretentious?
    So with your original words in mind, let's not try to be obtuse or benign and hand wave it off as simply an "observation"

Do you really need me to highlight the parts of your original commentary that qualifies as snark and/or insults?

A harshly written observation is still an observation. Do you have anything to say about WHAT I actually said/claimed or do you wanna keep crying about the form it is written in?

I wrote it like an asshole, but I know I'm right and you know I'm right and that's good enough for me :P
    Lol I'm not crying and I'm not sure why you think you're entitled to a response when you flat out admit you are acting like an asshole. Pretty sure you're borderline trolling at this point.

I love how half of your responses is you trying to put words in my mouth, yet I'm the one trolling XD

I care little to argue about nothing with you. If you think what I said was wrong or untrue than by all means let me know and we can discuss it. Otherwise just hush
    I quoted you. The words came from you.

Go figure out how to interact with humans and come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    However, MCU HULK has NOT had his ass kicked, in any way, shape or form close to what Thanos did when he bitched him out in all of 5 seconds. Fuck man, I mean he tuned big green up like he was a fucking sock puppet.
    Frankly, Hulk being scared makes more sense than what they are saying it really was. Hulk and Banner might not get along, but when push comes to shove if Bruce is in danger Hulk comes out if for no other reason than self preservation on Hulk's part. In this movie Bruce very much was in danger on numerous occasions and Hulk should have come out. That fear is the only thing that makes sense for him not coming out as fear can be irrational.
    Last edited by Altrec; 2018-05-11 at 07:20 PM.

Thanos eventually does become an anti-hero. It's unfortunate that the MCU has so far refused to muck around with the high powered dudes.

I think there's a small chance Tony sacrifices himself to kill thanos or something along those lines, hell maybe most o the original cast does so since I'm sure contacts are ending and some of these people have been doing this for 10 yrs now

Also I'd like to say thank you for actually engaging in a discussion about my points rather than nonsense

Edit: seems I spoke too soon XD reading comprehension really needs to be a thing here I swear. My main point was for people saying basic ass shit and acting all pretentious about it. I say again, all the deaths and revivals of heroes have been know about for years thanks to the comics
    Dude just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

Yeah, I think that if the point is that Hulk is tired of being Banner's war face, they expressed it poorly. It very comes across as him refusing to come out after being trounced by Thanos even in situations where both their lives are at stake. When a big giant dude is threatening to kill Banner, Hulk should jump for joy at the chance to bash some faces in regardless of any resentment he may have had towards the guy.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2018-05-11 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, I think that if the point is that Hulk is tired of being Banner's war face, they expressed it poorly. It very comes across as him refusing to come out after being trounced by Thanos even in situations where both their lives are at stake. When a big giant dude is threatening to kill Banner, Hulk should jump for joy at the chance to bash some faces in regardless of any resentment he may have had towards the guy.
    Yeah they never once hinted hulk was "upset at bruce for saving him"

That might be a storyline in the comics but its never been hinted at in the movies unless you reach and say the fact he was away for 2 years in thor rag means he was tired of saving bruce. Which is unclear and they could have made it more clear if thats the case

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I can see Hulk not giving a fuck if they are both in danger, or have some dumb 7 year old notion that Banner will die and Hulk will be all thats left. Its not like Hulk is a critical thinker.

I can see Hulk not giving a fuck if they are both in danger, or have some dumb 7 year old notion that Banner will die and Hulk will be all thats left. Its not like Hulk is a critical thinker.
    Grey Hulk was.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Grey Hulk was.
    Yeh, but this is not Grey Hulk.

Yeh, but this is not Grey Hulk.
    Maybe that is where they are heading with the Hulk "storyline". They did say that they wanted to do a hulk movie spread across three marvel movies (ragnarok, invinity war 1 & 2). Maybe Hulk is evolving beyond the mindless bruiser.

Maybe that is where they are heading with the Hulk "storyline". They did say that they wanted to do a hulk movie spread across three marvel movies (ragnarok, invinity war 1 & 2). Maybe Hulk is evolving beyond the mindless bruiser.
    I think thats very likely, especially after the chatty kathy Hulk in thor rag.

But the infinity war movie made it look like he was scared of Thanos. Not much else to get from that

Grey Hulk would also solve a few plots that have been building as well as give Ruffalo a way out of the role. Hulk in Ragnarok hated being puny Banner. Banner doesn't want to lose himself in the Hulk. Grey Hulk takes the best qualities of both and removes the need for a high paying actor to play the part of Banner forever.

Grey Hulk would also solve a few plots that have been building as well as give Ruffalo a way out of the role. Hulk in Ragnarok hated being puny Banner. Banner doesn't want to lose himself in the Hulk. Grey Hulk takes the best qualities of both and removes the need for a high paying actor to play the part of Banner forever.
    And replace it with "cheap" cgi? You know CGI costs millions too right? Especially if they are gonna be in every frame

Well thats fine, if they go there. But the Hulk saying "NO!" in IW is NOT critically thinking, he is just angry. In his little 7 year old angry brain letting Banner die could be his key to getting out. S'all Im saying. Seeings as the Russo's have said its a power struggle thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Can I just say, one thing has been bugging me with people talking about Infinity War, and that is that 'Thanos is the hero'. This is wrong. Why is it wrong? Easy.
    The ones I have seen have said something different: that the movie is structured as a hero-movie with Thanos as the hero, i.e. the one that does the hero's journey.

Not that Thanos is literally the hero - just that the movie is structured as if he were.