Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    Using SStorm while stealted count as using it during sdance, but yeah, you are right about using simbol before SStorm.

Edit: just realized that this way you are not buffing SStorm with dark shadows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . So yes, you're right.
    It's nothing about dark shadows and more about not being able to have your first SS be buffed by shadow dance. You cannot activate shadow dance from stealth for your opener. So no, using sstorm while stealthed does not count as using it during sdance.

In my opinion, make cloak gain stacks every 0.5 seconds but cap it at 10.
    I REALLY don't see any use from cloak in any aspect of the game past regular heroic dungeons, the stacks are gained too slow and the initial burst is meaningless on any content that currently matters.

But then again blizzard doesn't read this place and I'm too lazy to post on forums and deal with zealot shitty legendary lovers that don't like change and prefer gimmicky useless legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    It's nothing about dark shadows and more about not being able to have your first SS be buffed by shadow dance. You cannot activate shadow dance from stealth for your opener. So no, using sstorm while stealthed does not count as using it during sdance.
    I was pretty sure that stealth could buff SStorm as well, but i assume you're right, i've played sub very little in istance and now atm i'm away from hoem for 2 more weeks so i can't even check. But i guess that what you've said make sense couse SStorm's tooltip does not mention stardand stealth.

I was pretty sure that stealth could buff SStorm as well, but i assume you're right, i've played sub very little in istance and now atm i'm away from hoem for 2 more weeks so i can't even check. But i guess that what you've said make sense couse SStorm's tooltip does not mention stardand stealth.
    Stealth AND Shadow Dance buff Shuriken Storm by 100%, then Master of Subtlety also buffs it in stealth if talented and for 5 seconds after breaking stealth, then Nightstalker also buffs attacks from stealth and shadow dance.
    BUT Dark shadow (30% dmg) ONLY works with Shadow Dance.

So what I would do in aoe packs and cloak(or without) is:
    0. (tricks)
    1. open with shadowstrike
    2. nightblade with whatever cp you have on a priority target that won't die instantly & umbral moonglaive if you have it
    3. symbols of death
    4. dance
    5. shuriken storm
    6. death from above
    This should all fit inside legendary shoulder buff and first dance if you do it fast and don't waste a single global(and use every off global cooldown ability correctly), you can then vanish and continue using shuriken/evicerates/dance to blanket umbral moonglaive with that 100% crit buff and dance/stealth buffs, bonus points if you can cover the final explosion.

I only apply nightblade to priority targets that won't die before it expires, I do not cleave it or apply it too much overall in aoe packs, seems to be a loss to not use those shuriken combos.
    You can also skip the initial nightblade if your ping is not so good.
    Last edited by BlaxBgon; 2017-08-04 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    "How is Subs AoE" XD lol

Sub AoE is really bad. Only like 25-30 Million opener DPS in Arcway @ Ratpack with Glaive trinket + shoulder + cloak legy. We need some buffs pls!

I should stop wondering about thread titles I think...

sub burst aoe last as long as umbral glaives are active, after that half the specs in the game can outaoe us.
    specially noticeable on very high m+, locks and warriors shit on us.
    we are good at assassinating a high priority target, but AOE is not our thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    "How is Subs AoE" XD lol

Sub AoE is really bad. Only like 25-30 Million opener DPS in Arcway @ Ratpack with Glaive trinket + shoulder + cloak legy. We need some buffs pls!

Burst aoe and sustained aoe are very different things. In sustained aoe sub isn't anything special even with the cloak.

Do you really expect someone that unironically used XD to understand that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    "How is Subs AoE" XD lol

3 items in order to do burst aoe, two of which are legendaries. What if you don't have those? How is your aoe then? Oh right, its sucks.

Deleted
    On 5+ mobs:
    - SStorm from stealth
    - Shadow dance+ SoD + umbral moonglaive
    - DFA
    - SStorm + eviscerate spam
    Low hp packs should be dead at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Why would you Shadow Dance before DFA? Press it on the downward movement of it so the Eviscerate is buffed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Why would you Shadow Dance before DFA? Press it on the downward movement of it so the Eviscerate is buffed.
    To empower the DfA aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    To empower the DfA aoe
    And if you looked at what he was quoting, thats not what the person said to do. They use Shadow Dance before they use DfA. Wasting a gcd of shadow dance by using it before you even press DfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if you looked at what he was quoting, thats not what the person said to do. They use Shadow Dance before they use DfA. Wasting a gcd of shadow dance by using it before you even press DfA.
    Shadow Dance is off the gcd though, or do you mean while airborne? Regardless this is about aoe dmg, not ST

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Shadow Dance is off the gcd though, or do you mean while airborne? Regardless this is about aoe dmg, not ST
    Yes, i meant while airborne. And it doesn't matter if we're talking about ST or aoe, a wasted gcd is a wasted gcd.

Yes, i meant while airborne. And it doesn't matter if we're talking about ST or aoe, a wasted gcd is a wasted gcd.
    What wasted GCD?
    All those abilities are off the gcd, you are meant to use them all at the same time, there is literally no waste if you want to buff the DFA aoe like that.
    You can dance, symbols and trinket and then hit DFA at the same time.
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-08-23 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    What wasted GCD?
    All those abilities are off the gcd, you are meant to use them all at the same time, there is literally no waste if you want to buff the DFA aoe like that.
    You can dance, symbols and trinket and then hit DFA at the same time.
    You're up in the air for about a gcd's worth of time unable to do anything(other than Dance). So if you use SD and then press DfA, you lose 1 gcd's worth of time on SD. How do you not understand this?

You're up in the air for about a gcd's worth of time unable to do anything(other than Dance). So if you use SD and then press DfA, you lose 1 gcd's worth of time on SD. How do you not understand this?
    He's talking about getting the buff to the aoe portion of DFA (the part that happens instantly on the way up), and the title of the thread is "How is Sub's AoE?" How are you not understanding this?

here, do I really need to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    He's talking about getting the buff to the aoe portion of DFA (the part that happens instantly on the way up), and the title of the thread is "How is Sub's AoE?" How are you not understanding this?
    You know how you have those moments when you first wake up and your mind is only half working? Yea, i woke up hours ago and thus have no excuse but still had one of those moments. I derped hardcore and forgot the Eviscerate was the ST portion of DfA and not the aoe portion.

You cannot activate shadow dance from stealth for your opener.
    Are you saying it's not possible to activate Shadow Dance while you are in Stealth? Or that there is some reason that you shouldn't do it? I'm able to activate Shadow Dance directly from Stealth.