Thread: 7.3 Buff?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

7.3 Buff?

All damage abilities increased by 6%.

I play a pally alt and honestly dont play enough and havent been paying much attention to pallyworld, but I suspect the above "buff" is merely baking some aura bonus into the class similar what they did to my mage, is this correct?

Mastery’s effect on Judgment damage increased by 46%, and Mastery’s effect on Judgment debuff strength increased by 17%.

I assume this will shoot mastery up in terms of stat weights where it is currently dead last? Engine of eradication at high ilvl much more attractive?
    I current have Haste (24.5)>Vers>Crit>Int>Mastery(all the way down at 15.5)
    New stat wts? Haste>Mastery>Vers?

Execution Sentence damage increased by 17%.

New Top ST dps talent or still behind FV?

thanks
    Last edited by SFBayGamer; 2017-08-23 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The above buffs are trying to make up for several indirect nerfs to Crusade.
    This is what I got from it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The above buffs are trying to make up for several indirect nerfs to Crusade.
    Pretty much what I saw too, except I wouldn't say indirect. They were pretty direct about it

10+ Year Old Account
    By indirect I meant they nerfed things affecting Crusade instead of the ability itself. You are right, they were certainly direct about it and that part is honestly true, we should not have to be that excessively dependent on Crusade but they are not really solving anything other than that here.
    It'll be nice not to be so dependant on it, but god damn is it sad to see our only buff being then immediately followed by a nerf.

Is execution sentence going to be worth picking up with the buff? and also, do we actually want mastery now? so confusing...

The 6% damage to all abilities is not a buff. They removed the aura we had the tuning knob and baked in that damage to all our abilities. We did get a minor buff to a non spam-able abilities judgement and very minor mastery which wont help us in the least bit. All the changes we received will end up as an overall nerf due to the loss of dps from crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian116 View Post
    The 6% damage to all abilities is not a buff. They removed the aura we had the tuning knob and baked in that damage to all our abilities. We did get a minor buff to a non spam-able abilities judgement and very minor mastery which wont help us in the least bit. All the changes we received will end up as an overall nerf due to the loss of dps from crusade.
    My paladin sims +6.6% on PTR, though I don't have Chain of Thrayn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    My paladin sims +6.6% on PTR, though I don't have Chain of Thrayn.
    Chain of Thrayn now correctly, additively stacks with Crusade.
    Which means ?
    Chain was multiplicative until now ?
    So at @ max stacks of crusade, Chain is giving us +10% damage, resulting in +55% inc. crusade damage, instead of a 10% overall ?
    If yes, this is indeed a nerf of this legendary / damage of crusade.

Will see if the change in mastery will compensate for it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just did sim with weekly Build on Live and PTR with Belt and Liadrin ring, resulting 90% damage only at PTR, so we will be nerfed with like 10% overall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Just did sim with weekly Build on Live and PTR with Belt and Liadrin ring, resulting 90% damage only at PTR, so we will be nerfed with like 10% overall?
    That's amazing if true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    That's amazing if true.
    Pretty much par for the course. "Here's a "buff" to the horrid version of colossal smash you lot have hated since day one. Oh and here's a buff to your must worthless stat, mastery, but fear the buff is negligible as well. BUT WAIT THERES MORE! We were nice enough to give you those buffs, and you were already in the basement of meters, but we're gonna nerf your ONE saving grace damage to more than offset those buffs." - Blizzard Blueballs.

Crusade is missing the haste half of the buff on weekly PTR. Nightly also doesn't have the fix yet on raidbots, but should soon-ish (whenever they update their nightly version).
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2017-08-24 at 08:46 AM.

Simc is not yet updated to include all changes im sure and raidbots is very off, napkin math is telling us it should be roughly 5% dmg increase over what we have now ES might just be better for ST, hoping soooooo much for it, as it is incredibly fun to play imo.

gonna use cape and ring then for 7.3?

Quote Originally Posted by urw View Post
    gonna use cape and ring then for 7.3?
    Most likely, with Soul being preferable to Liadrin's. Scarlet is better for AOE than Liadrin's if you don't have Soul. Never thought I'd see the Scarlet/Whisper combo be a viable setup >_> The only reason Chain is so good is because of the ability to use T19 2P, seriously.. do they ever think about what they're doing for more than a minute?

Deleted
    Are RETs now stronger in PvP instances because of this buff/nerf? And will ES now be the preferable choice?

ES is a very weird ability to use because if you mess up and it drops outside the judgment debuff it ends up being useless. This is easy to mess up. It would also only be used in fights that are completely single target. Ofc what we mostly need is a single target buff so if it is a decent buff for fights like Avatar and Maiden I can definitely see people trying it out there. Antorus also has several ST fights (Imonar, Varimathras, Coven (you need to split them far so for ret it will be ST))
    It might be much less of a problem if a certain amount of haste is relatively easy to obtain in the new raid, but I can't see myself using T21 4P in single target anyway, so.. yeah.

ES seems too fiddly to use unless it's massively buffed to where it's a "WOWZERS!" type of increase and is simply unable to not be taken for single-target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    ES seems too fiddly to use unless it's massively buffed to where it's a "WOWZERS!" type of increase and is simply unable to not be taken for single-target.
    they can´t buff ES much further or rogues and warriors start whining about being one shot bey paladins

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    they can´t buff ES much further or rogues and warriors start whining about being one shot bey paladins
    PVP is entirely separate from PVE in that numbers can be adjusted in PVP fairly easily.