Deleted

Martin Shkreli found guilty of stockfraud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/b...li-guilty.html

Martin Shkreli, 34, has confidently courted controversy in recent years, bulldozing his way into Wall Street and the drug industry, raising the price of a lifesaving drug by 5,000 percent overnight, boasting that he would outwit prosecutors in his federal fraud case, and live-streaming and tweeting throughout his five-week trial.

But on Friday, after five days of deliberations, jurors convicted him on three counts of fraud in federal court, and he now faces up to 20 years in prison on each of the first two counts, and up to five years on the final count.

Mr. Shkreli looked shaken as the judge read the verdict. But not long after, he appeared outside of court and returned to form, saying that he was “delighted, in many ways,” with the verdict. “This was a witch hunt of epic proportions, and maybe they found one or two broomsticks,” he said.

Later in the afternoon, he was live-streaming once more, sipping beer and joking about prison life from his Manhattan apartment.

At the trial in the Federal District Court in Brooklyn, Mr. Shkreli was accused of securities and wire fraud related to two hedge funds he ran, MSMB Capital and MSMB Healthcare. Prosecutors charged he illegally used a pharmaceutical company he founded, Retrophin, to repay defrauded MSMB investors. And they said he secretly controlled a huge number of Retrophin shares.
    Karma's a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    at first I was like "Who?" but then i read about the drug price increase like "Oh yeah, the douchebag that bought that Wu-Tang CD and bragged about it"

Good riddance, hope he ends up on the wrong end of a Big Bubba's Syringe in prison
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Color me surprised.

He better get the max sentence.

boasting that he would outwit prosecutors in his federal fraud case.
    He don't outwit good. Couldn't have happened to a nicer douchebag.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wolf of Wall Street 2 please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is theater more than anything else punishing someone who is a symptom of a corruption, not the cause, I realize his trial has nothing to do with that, but half the reason shit like this happens is because it is allowed to, and our government in the U.S just recently voted to make it easier.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He's always smirking, maybe he has a mental disorder of some kind because smirking in those situations isn't appropriate.

I'm not with the group who is hoping he is raped by large black men while in prison, I wouldn't wish that on anyone and besides I think the threat of prison rape is over blown.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's 3 out of 11 though; that does seem to count as "outwitting", just not "walking away scot-free".

Oh good. Now let's bring teddy and Taft back from the dead so they can go once more trust busting.