Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lets talk about Clash

For anyone that doesn't know.
    Clash was an ability brewmasters use to have. Now you might ask, what did it do?

Clash
    40 yd range
    35 sec cooldown
    Instant cast
    Requires Ox Stance
    You and the target charge each other, meeting halfway then stunning all targets within 6 yards.

Sounds great right? Well Blizzard decided we were too much like Warriors so they decided to take it away from us, this is also when we lost Guard but don't get me started on that ability and the pvp abomination its become.

Blizzard, Give us Clash back.

You took it away from us for no reason in the first place, Bring back Clash.

Now you might think, blizzard included... "But Brewmasters, we can't just give you that kind of power back..."

Then take something from us. My suggestion would be.

Take Chi Torpedo.

Swap it for Clash. Giving us the option of Celerity, Tigers Lust or Clash (as brewmaster)

Monks need our version of Deathgrip or Charge back. Or ask how many Brewmasters actually pick Chi Torpedo...

TLDR - Take Chi Torpedo, Give us back Clash

I agree, the loss of Clash, Victory Roll, and Chi Explosion over the last few years significantly hindered their ability to do 5 mans.

Honestly, if they just reverted directly to the MoP Monk I would be more than satisfied.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    I run Chi Torpedo, but I guess Blizz knows statistics on talent usage across different sub-groups better than anyone else Why asking ...

I don't think it was removed because monks were too much like warriors but because it wasn't a very good ability outside of thematics.

It just didn't work well on bosses at all, you'd zip in but only cover 1/2 the distance and then sit around with your pants down.

That said it should DEFINITELY return as a PvP ability. There it would be amazingly powerful as a combination pull, taunt and charge. Very high risk/reward associated with it and none of that buggy crap of immune bosses to worry about.

I absolutely loved Clash, it was so satisfying! Likewise, it felt terrible when it was removed.

I do however enjoy the changes to Ring of Peace (that it moves mobs) but Clash was precise and excellent at getting that one stubborn Caster closer to where you wanted them. I could understand that Clash returning would have serious implications to PVP but I will always -as an old school Brewmaster -feel that our toolkit will feel forever incomplete without it; it was just such a slick way of adding mobility and keeping us quickly moving between mobs.

It's a tough call, where Clash would go in terms of Talents... is it a CC, is it a movement talent?

But thanks for the throwback to Clash, I thought I was the only one who still shed a tear for it lol! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    It just didn't work well on bosses at all, you'd zip in but only cover 1/2 the distance and then sit around with your pants down.
    Precisely! This is why, as neat as Clash was, I don't think it should make a return as a baseline ability. For PvP, I think it would be a perfect piece of utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pick Celerity if anything. Chi Torpedo seems to be favored more between the 3 and the extra roll / reduced cd is mostly handy for that 100(?) rolls quest in the campaign.

Ideally Black Ox Statue barely affects pvp and adds utility (back) to PvE so maybe Clash takes its place with Dave becoming a baseline ability (again), since it comes with a CC unlike the other mobility talents.

Clash in PvP? /shrug Fear causes loss of control and displacement (annoying when just before it ends, it turns you in the opposite direction), while Capacitor and others AoE stun, but Clash always required things to be in the middle of the charges to stun others anyway which is risky in something like AV; and weaker than, say, the mass grip sigil w/ the cc sigil on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonfilter64 View Post
    Sounds great right? Well Blizzard decided we were too much like Warriors so they decided to take it away from us, this is also when we lost Guard but don't get me started on that ability and the pvp abomination its become.
    We lost Clash in WoD and Guard in Legion.

Deleted
    Wow, you made an account for this post?

I have skipped cataclysm and pandaria expansions and this Clash sounds awesome to be honest.

The sound and the impact of it made using it so satisfying! Was amazing in world pvp during mists. I miss it.
    Twitter @dorjemonk

what is wrong with Chi torpedo? It is awesome and gives you shitloads of runspeed after.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

I was a fan of clash esp. in pvp and 5 mans but I don't think they removed it because of class identity but because it was overall too buggy. I don't think I've seen an ability causing as many bugs as clash, sometimes it would only move you, another time only your taget and another time no one moves and it goes on cooldown, or you and your target don't end up in front of each other. They probably decided it requires too much work and is not really impactful and thus not worth tinkering with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    what is wrong with Chi torpedo? It is awesome and gives you shitloads of runspeed after.
    Nothing wrong with it at all. Another rarely-considered benefit: It's a marked DPS increase in "move while dealing damage" situations over TL due to not being on the GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    Nothing wrong with it at all. Another rarely-considered benefit: It's a marked DPS increase in "move while dealing damage" situations over TL due to not being on the GCD.
    I feel celerity is even better in those situations like on avatar. You can roll during globals but chi torpedo animation is too long. And if you started torpedo where you couldn't attack TL would have been better imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    And if you started torpedo where you couldn't attack TL would have been better imo.
    RJW and Torpedo, but you make some good points about Celerity. Not good enough for me to ever talent it instead of Chi Torpedo or TL, but still!

It was decent in PvP but very clunky and borderline useless in PvE. That's pretty bad design.

Stop asking for abilities back just because you have nostalgia for them.

Deleted
    It's not nostalgia it was the best ability we had at least in the Wow i played.

Which did not include hiding in a instance all day. Clash was too good when used well against certain
    type of players. That is why it is gone, it's the same if Blood dk would have lost Death Grip in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a time where players had to jump then chi torpedo in the dead center of mobs in order to make contact. Doctored up and repackaged as Fel Rush, which has a small radius around the ability for contat while also increasing boss hitboxes. Stoneclaw Totem, little totem placed at the Shamans feet with a pulsing taunt at an 8yd range for 15 seconds. Dave 2.0 looks very similar currently. Removed abilities redone as pvp talents. Point I'm trying to make is that it's being made to seem as if Blizz can't fix the problems with the spell or alter to not be as bugged as Roll. Something something something development time but they have more than enough to create Spitfire (didn't make it live however looks redone as T21) and Mystic Vitality over the replacements for Dizzying Kicks and Mistwalk, or tinkering around with BoS and ISB duration.

Also a point of every expansion where we learn Death Grip, Fears, Stuns and such doesn't work against certain mobs.

I'd like to think it's as situational as using Dave on something like Goroth or the lone Celerity example, or even RoP in a situation where mobs can't be knocked back.

Mostly devils advocate at this point. As with Avert Harm, it can clearly be done without but nice to have some variance or option, especially M+ and PvP.

This and guard being removed is why I quit my bm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?