Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Trump approval rebounds to 45%, surges among Hispanics, union homes, men

Trump approval at 45%; Support among Hispanics, western and union voters jumps double digits

https://zogbyanalytics.com/news/788-...-double-digits

In our recent nationwide online survey of 1,300 likely US voters, conducted from August 4 to August 7, 2017, Zogby Analytics analyzed voters' attitudes regarding President Donald Trump's approval/disapproval rating. The margin of error for this survey was +/- 2.7 percentage points. The following percentages represent numbers combined among strongly and somewhat attributes for President Trump's approval/disapproval rating.

The President's approval rating has rebounded somewhat since our July poll. Following a series of disastrous weeks, Trump's approval numbers have moved up slightly, especially among his base and a few other sub-groups not known for their support of the president. On the heels of replacing key White House personnel, Trumps looks for a reset after 200 rather chaotic days in office. Recently, President Trump has talked tough to North Korea and has supported sanctions against the nuclear dictatorship, while also trying to reign in leaks coming out the White House. As President Trump embarks on his first vacation for the next seventeen days, he still has many battles to fight and he is in desperate need of a victory both at home and abroad.
    Thought this poll wold be posted immediately on the frontpage since everyone here seems to love approval polls so much. Don't worry, I got your back guys.

So I personally don't think his approval rating is at either 33% or 45%, but somewhere around the 40% mark appears likely. Though even 20% would be understandable with all the negative vitriol that comes out of the dying legacy media such as CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, BBC, and failing print media such as NYT, WashingtonPost, BuzzFeed, Vox, Salon, Guardian, DailyMail, Jezebel, etc etc.

Approval Rating Polls are not a measurement of how well a President is doing, of course, but rather how the population perceives him to be doing based on the "stellar" reporting done by corporate media outlets all of which are ultimately owned by the same 6 corporate elitist.

But, sometimes it's funny to see a spike in approval when apparently Trump should be at 0%. Oh well, proceed to rage on.

*sips tea*

Deleted
    Why is this not fake news? Because it's pro-Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Online polls are demonstrably poor. Zogby is also known to be pretty bad with their polls.
    All of them have been poor with their polling, as seen with the election. The only accurate one remains Rasmussen, who was accurate during the election, and currently has him at 45%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ez_track_aug11
    Last edited by Lionhearte0; 2017-08-11 at 05:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's good of you to so openly advertise ahead of time how biased you are on the topic, makes it easier.

Looking at several polls over the time period in question and not just cherry-picking the one that supports your bias the most, it's both wrong to say that his approval rating was ever at 33% (only a few polls ever put him that low) or that his current approval is at 45%. Both those numbers fall outside the range that over 90% of polls put him in, and generally the most reliable numbers I can find have him hovering between 37% and 39% for months now, with the current number nearer to 37%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    The only accurate one remains Rasmussen, who was accurate during the election, and currently has him at 45%.
    You mean accuracy such as this?

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...nal_2016_picks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasmussen
    Our Final 2016 Picks

Clinton 322, Trump 216
    So accurate. But, I mean, I'm sure they're accurate now, even if they weren't during the election.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of them have been poor with their polling, as seen with the election. The only accurate one remains Rasmussen, who was accurate during the election, and currently has him at 45%.

Umm... the election polls were actually pretty accurate. The popular vote went fairly close to what most of the polls were saying, the problem was that the talking heads and pundits took nationwide polls and tried to apply their results straight across to the electoral college system, which wasn't what was being polled in the first place. The issue wasn't the accuracy of the polls, it was in how the numbers were used after they were collected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump approval at 45%; Support among Hispanics, western and union voters jumps double digits

https://zogbyanalytics.com/news/788-...-double-digits

Thought this poll wold be posted immediately on the frontpage since everyone here seems to love approval polls so much. Don't worry, I got your back guys.

So I personally don't think his approval rating is at either 33% or 45%, but somewhere around the 40% mark appears likely. Though even 20% would be understandable with all the negative vitriol that comes out of the dying legacy media such as CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, ESPN, BBC, and failing print media such as NYT, WashingtonPost, BuzzFeed, Vox, Salon, Guardian, DailyMail, Jezebel, etc etc.

Approval Rating Polls are not a measurement of how well a President is doing, of course, but rather how the population perceives him to be doing based on the "stellar" reporting done by corporate media outlets all of which are ultimately owned by the same 6 corporate elitist.

But, sometimes it's funny to see a spike in approval when apparently Trump should be at 0%. Oh well, proceed to rage on.

*sips tea*
    Dying legacy media? What's the new generation of media? Breitbart, Info. Wars, World Net Daily?

Pathetic you can't even rebuff all the "vitriolic" falsehoods pushed by the dying and failing media to help persuade people that Killary Klinton orchestrated the killing of 30 people since Arkansas or her being the mastermind of the child sex ring, whom one patriot has already been wrongfully imprisoned for just doing the true American conservative Jesus' work of fighting Killary's spirit cook-offs.

If you consider the Rasmussen Report accurate then you are not familiar with them at all. They're history is far that. They showed McCain beating Obama in 2008, up until just 3 weeks prior to the election and even then their point spread was off. And in 2012 they predicted Romney beating Obama.

Not to mention the Hawaiian democrat senator they predicted would lose and were off by 40 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Dying legacy media? What's the new generation of media? Breitbart, Info. Wars, World Net Daily?

Pathetic you can't even rebuff all the "vitriolic" falsehoods pushed by the dying and failing media to help persuade people that Killary Klinton orchestrated the killing of 30 people since Arkansas or her being the mastermind of the child sex ring, whom one patriot has already been wrongfully imprisoned for just doing the true American conservative Jesus' work of fighting Killary's spirit cook-offs.
    Independent media which are not corporately owned and globally funded. As I stated?
    The rest of your post was barely legible and sounded like some talking points you'd read off a teleprompter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    It's good of you to so openly advertise ahead of time how biased you are on the topic, makes it easier.

Looking at several polls over the time period in question and not just cherry-picking the one that supports your bias the most, it's both wrong to say that his approval rating was ever at 33% (only a few polls ever put him that low) or that his current approval is at 45%. Both those numbers fall outside the range that over 90% of polls put him in, and generally the most reliable numbers I can find have him hovering between 37% and 39% for months now, with the current number nearer to 37%.
    From my post in the OP:

So I personally don't think his approval rating is at either 33% or 45%, but somewhere around the 40% mark appears likely.

So I personally don't think his approval rating is at either 33% or 45%, but somewhere around the 40% mark appears likely.
    Who cares what you think? What is your basis for your thought? You like him so other people must like him too?

I read the link and looked for what their basis of the poll was. They didn't cite any other polls so presumably it was their own and the method was unclear. A quick google search shows "Zogby" to not be considered accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Independent media which are not corporately owned and globally funded. As I stated?
    The rest of your post was barely legible and sounded like some talking points you'd read off a teleprompter.
    What independent media? Tell me one, and tell me why I should consider them more credible than NYTimes, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, NPR?

Not talking points, rather "independent media" theories on the true underbelly of the Hildabeast Killary Klinton.

Down from Zogby's February result of 47% LOL
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    If you consider the Rasmussen Report accurate then you are not familiar with them at all. They're history is far that. They showed McCain beating Obama in 2008, up until just 3 weeks prior to the election and even then their point spread was off. And in 2012 they predicted Romney beating Obama.

Not to mention the Hawaiian democrat senator they predicted would lose and were off by 40 points.
    I am suprised Rasmussen hasn't had the (R) put next to their name yet on RealClear due to their methodology being biased toward older (and more Republican voters). First Rasmussen is the only daily tracking poll that does a Likely Voter reporting. Traditionally self reporting Likely Voters tend to be older or shift workers which tends to lean Republican (Registered Voter polls tend to lean more Democratic because there are more registered Democrats in this country). Also Rasmussen interviews are conducted midday and landline only which again tends to lean older retired people who no longer have to work or shift workers which again are lean Republican. Their online reporting isn't a random sample but you have to opt into it so without a random pull you have people who want to be in it which will have some natural biased towards it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where does it say their methodology?

You can take a look at the running average of polls here:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

And yeah, it's pretty middle of the road at ~37%.

You're right. His approval rating should be even lower to reflect his non-performance over the last ~half year. Managed to do nothing but lose to his party and spend nearly 1/4th of it on vacation.

*sips tea*
    Bad polls followed by less bad polls has been a monthly occurrence; this isn't anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Who cares what you think?
    You do, hence you replied.

What is your basis for your thought? You like him so other people must like him too?
    When did I say any of that?

I read the link and looked for what their basis of the poll was. They didn't cite any other polls so presumably it was their own and the method was unclear. A quick google search shows "Zogby" to not be considered accurate.
    Nate Silver deemed them inaccurate, and he's what, 0 for 10 now?

Nate Silver deemed them inaccurate, and he's what, 0 for 10 now?
    Someone doesn't know how probabilities work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account

Did you just unironically claim Rasmussen was accurate.

Good lord.

Who cares what you think? What is your basis for your thought? You like him so other people must like him too?

Zogby gets a nice C- in 538 ratings which I personally think is generous.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Someone doesn't know how probabilities work.
    Well that's the underlying point, isn't it? Nate Conglomerate called Obama's victory against Shit Romney, which honestly, everyone predicted, yet he was paraded and marched on air with CNN and other sites as being some kind of prophet during this past election. And he was wrong, or it didn't translate well into the electoral, or whatever reason. Regardless, now somehow we take others' words, opinions, polling data, inaccurate or as accurate as they may be, and for what purpose?

Why does Trump being at 20% or 80% matter to you, me, him, or anyone else? It's dick stroking, and if Trump gets off on higher numbers, the least people here and elsewhere can do is admit they get off on low numbers.

It's a literal circlejerk.