Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft 3 Reforged WILL NOT remake old cinematics

So...no remaking the old cinematics in Warcraft 3 Reforged. They only remade the introduction cinematic. Be careful people that has pre-purchased the game and could consider this as an issue...

Minute 4:27
    https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...sic-cinematics

EDITED: Jesus Christ, how rude can people be... Keep calm and relax. I only tried to inform people about this thing. Initially (the weekend during Blizzcon) they announced remastered cinematics in their pre-purchased game page. But this characteristic was deleted and the page design was changed.
    There are some people out there that could consider the purchase thanks to the cinematics remake. But this will not happend.
    I´m really enjoying the old game at it is right now. Don´t need a graphics upgrade for keeping me addicted to this videogame masterpice. I don´t gonna buy it, because I´m satisfied with what I have. And the Warcraft 3 Reforged will include some issues for me more important than the cinematics:
    -A new dubbing I do not like.
    -You need an Internet connection to play the game (something I don´t need with the old one).

That´s it.
    Last edited by mmoccd658b2118; 2018-11-14 at 01:50 PM.

Wow. That's... disappointing.

It's a cinematic... everything else is pretty much remade from scratch. It would have been nice to have new cinematics, but I didn't expect that to begin with. The most I'd expect from that end is if they have the source for the movies and can upres it to modern resolutions, but I doubt that will happen as well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    And?

The Cinematics still look great, it was the in game graphics that had dated to the point of near vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembei View Post
    So...no remaking the old cinematics in Warcraft 3 Reforged. They only remade the introduction cinematic. Be careful people that has pre-purchased the game...

So it's the same as with Starcraft. Figures. (It was still worth it.)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    How incredibly disappointing. So much for bringing it all the way up to the modern era.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    And?

The Cinematics still look great, it was the in game graphics that had dated to the point of vomit.
    I beg to differ about the cinematics - I rewatched some the other day - but the point is the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The Cinematics still look great, it was the in game graphics that had dated to the point of near vomit.
    Me and my friends still play WC3 on LAN parties. We think the graphics have aged really well. The cartoonish vibe is timeless.

A bit disappointing but I didn't pre-purchase the game just for the cinematics so it really doesn't make me regret my decision.

so... even less of a reason to buy it, if you have an original. good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kembei View Post
    So...no remaking the old cinematics in Warcraft 3 Reforged. They only remade the introduction cinematic. Be careful people that has pre-purchased the game...

Updated character models, environments, maps, UI, and game play. The things that people spend more hours staring at than cut scenes. Nope, totally not worth it. Scrap it. It's a bust.

Well...thats another letdown from Blizzard selling us false expectations.

I was disappointed Starcraft didn't have remade cinematics but W3 doesn't need it at all.

I understand the disappointment, but if this is a sole reason not to purchase it, you're an idiot.

The Frozen Throne cinematics look really good.

The Reign of Chaos ones, less so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe they shouldn’t have wasted so much time making the Saurfang ones.

Welp I was thinking of getting it, good story cinematics might have kept me interested in the slowness of an RTS game but if they only made that culling intro then i'm interested no longer

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Welp I was thinking of getting it, good story cinematics might have kept me interested in the slowness of an RTS game but if they only made that culling intro then i'm interested no longer
    I think you're a bit confused about what a cinematic is.

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    There is a difference between cutscenes and cinematics, the culling of stratholme one is done in engine and so it stands to reason that all the other cutscenes will be redone aswell. The cinematics are the CGI ones like the intro cinematic, it is those that aren't redone aside from the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrTraitor View Post
    I think you're a bit confused about what a cinematic is.
    cutscene , whatever.