Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well at 55 its rougly 630/4 * 8mln = 1260mln AP so it should be instant or close to instant 52 traits.

- - - Updated - - -

the irony is really strong in this one
    I see more classic mmo c user ignorance to compare Crucible to Reforging.

But memory isn't something that hater have.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me if you can change what you chose for a relic at a later date and if you can update it if you unlock things later?
    I would not like to just put 5 ilvls on some of my relics and could not get additional traits later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    I see more classic mmo c user ignorance to compare Crucible to Reforging.

But memory isn't something that hater have.
    His remark is correct, though. One of their reasons to remove reforging was that you cannot equip the item right away, and have to go to the NPC first to reforge the stats. Now, the have replaced this reforging NPC with the Crucible.

Same thing in this regard, and even worse in another - you do not see what you roll in the secondary distribution when you get the item. So, if you have some kind of masterloot in a raid, you are fucked. This is a distributional nightmare.

Now please repeat how Crucible is better then reforging.

"unlocks on your account" at least something good this expansion, wouldn't want to do the quest chain on more than one character anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    His remark is correct, though. One of their reasons to remove reforging was that you cannot equip the item right away, and have to go to the NPC first to reforge the stats. Now, the have replaced this reforging NPC with the Crucible.

Same thing in this regard, and even worse in another - you do not see what you roll in the secondary distribution when you get the item. So, if you have some kind of masterloot in a raid, you are fucked. This is a distributional nightmare.

Do we have tested it on PTR or live (if na) or just trash talking on mmo c?

Because on PTR I didn't had this feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's clearly written you have to be 110. That's the same for the account-bound instant-AK40 book, not usable below level 110. They don't want us to have a weapon level 60 at level 110, that would not make really sense I guess.

My question about this alt-stuff is : Once you HIT 110, you automatically unlock AK 40+, third relic and second tier of artifact skills without the long, boring and useless quests. But what about alts that are already 110 without this unlocked, already working on the quests (or not) ?

This Netherlight Crucible might be the worst addition in the game in the last few years. Your raidteam will loot a wonderful extra-titanforged relic, you'll give it to whoever (because you don't really know who it will benefit the more), then the lucky guy discovers it has shitty procs for him but best-in-slot for anyone else. Congratulations, you ruined a piece of loot.
    And all that shit means the Artifact Power will ONLY be used to increase the Concordance to reach the required levels for the Relics extra skill ? No new artifact tree or branches ?
    You should just give the relic to the guy with a guaranteed upgrade lol. It's only the additional trait thats random. Are you seriously suggesting that you are not gonna give that 950 relic to the guy who gets an guaranteed ilvl upgrade, but rather the guy who might/might not get a better 2nd trait.

What if I'll log into after 15 weeks? I'll get instantly AK 55 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pocok View Post
    What if I'll log into after 15 weeks? I'll get instantly AK 55 ?
    Correct /10char

You no longer have to do the Broken Shore quest line to allow your artifact to go beyond 34 points.
    but we still have to do 10 class hall missions to unlock third relic......

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Correct /10char
    Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    but we still have to do 10 class hall missions to unlock third relic......
    No you dont. 3rd relic is unlocked at lvl 110 by default in 7.3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    Do we have tested it on PTR or live (if na) or just trash talking on mmo c?

Because on PTR I didn't had this feeling.
    How come? Getting a relic was pretty annoying on PTR for me, you can't equip it right away since you need to go back and apply the +5 ilvl bonus at very least.

Deleted
    And this end there, since relic doesn't fall down the sky every sec.

Meanwhile Reforge was for every fucking piece of set.

And you had to download the ratio for making a stupid min max that was basically the same for everybody

Cap hit
    Cap expertise
    Max this

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    That's a big jump from AK40 to 41... 4m% to 16m%

Anyone want to calculate for me at what AK that a single AP token would yield enough AP to instantly get an artifact to 52, so I don't have to bother farming it to get vanity items off the associated classes?
    The thing is about that is that blizz had another list of AK. The thing is though their list was much different than what's being shown here, dunno if this list we see now on the front page will remain but I hope so as blizz' "new list" was showing AK 41 at 5m%

::edit:: sorry! Blizz had done a new ptr then reversed the decision, thank fuck for that as 5 million felt like a cop out!
    Last edited by un_known; 2017-08-29 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post

Except you only see the "random" traitsa reclic will have for you when you have "bonded" it to the crucible. Which makes it soulbound.
    So it does not matter at all if you have masterloot or not. You cannot check for whom a relic is "best" before giving it to someone.

Essentially the only way to min-max relic distribution is to give the relic to the person where to raid benefits most if it rolls good traits.
    In other words, just as it is now, just with a bit of randomness added.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    That's a big jump from AK40 to 41... 4m% to 16m%

Anyone want to calculate for me at what AK that a single AP token would yield enough AP to instantly get an artifact to 52, so I don't have to bother farming it to get vanity items off the associated classes?
    I believe it's at 54. If my quick calc is correct you need 445M% increase to get 2.2B AP from those big (currently 10/20M AP) tokens.
    My Shadowy Priest: Daernan
    My DK tank: Pupuna

Deleted
    Remember the time when people looked disgusted at asian grinding mmorpg because you had to grind all day and all the things were totally random? What has become of WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    Remember the time when people looked disgusted at asian grinding mmorpg because you had to grind all day and all the things were totally random? What has become of WoW?
    You have no idea what asian grinding mmorpg is if you are even remotely comparing the two.

Even wow in vanilla doesn't even come close to asian grinders, and there's a lot more grinding back then. The gain from Netherlight Crucible as far as relics go is extremely minor that, like additional concordance, are just nice little bonuses.

If you have a trait you are truly serious about pursuing you would have been farming m+ for it already.
    Last edited by david0925; 2017-08-29 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Because farming mythic+ day in and day out is not a grind at all? The whole game is a grind now and you get rewarded with random stuff so that grind never ends if your are unlucky. That's even worse than most asian mmorpg where you grind for a specific item you will get after a lot of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Professional Extra View Post
    Because farming mythic+ day in and day out is not a grind at all? The whole game is a grind now and you get rewarded with random stuff so that grind never ends if your are unlucky. That's even worse than most asian mmorpg where you grind for a specific item you will get after a lot of hours.
    I can't deny that chain running mythic+ all day would be a massive grind if you absolutely want to be at the leading edge... but then I remember camping the god damned Pained Soul in Everquest for 16 hours straight (admittedly I got unlucky) for its portion of my Veeshans Peak key, and that shit was mind numbing. Basically how that worked is you killed the mob (or its place holder if it didn't spawn) then sit around doing nothing for 16 minutes waiting for it to respawn. For 16 hours.