New levitate animation not in?

Hey guys what's up I thought we were getting a new levitate animation?

It's only for Voidform, turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    It's only for Voidform, turns out.
    let down of the yeaaaaaar

oh looks like they just posted about it

"This round of updates has come to a close, and we have much more planned for the future. While significant strides were made for this patch, some spell updates had promise, but didn’t quite hit the mark and we’ve taken them back to the drawing board. Our initiative to update visuals and effects, especially regarding combat, carries on. Your feedback has helped us guide our priorities going forward. "
    Last edited by ehxy; 2017-08-30 at 01:11 AM.

It's just the idle combat animation. It didn't make sense to have it at all times while levitating. It's still there if you're in-combat. Or even just right click an enemy.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they're going to make more animations, probably will be ready in 7.3.5 or 7.4 (Ion said in an interview that the story of Legion is not yet over and if I remember correct, we can expect a small patch or two, which makes 7.4 sound likely or just 7.3.5-7.3.6).

I'd assume they're going to add the animations for Warlock, Holy Paladin and Balance Druid next, and probably some finished animations of certain spells like Power Word: Shield and such.

I'm not really noticing any of the new animations, for Disc. Everything looks to have the same casting animation (I'm talking about the player model, not the spell effects), or it's such a small difference that I'm not noticing it.

It's on both Voidform & Apotheosis. But not on vanilla levitate.

It's also on Rapture.

Jumping while Levitating is the best thing ever though so I'll let the animation slide.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2017-08-30 at 05:58 PM.

I thought I did see some gold sparkles under my feet when levitating (not in voidform) - is that what you were looking for? I didn't see a buff listed that would have accounted for it. Unfortunately, they weren't shadow colored in shadowform.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does the mechanical implementation of levitate feel different to anyone else? I feel like it's slightly off from pre-patch levitate, like I hang in the air for a second and/or lose momentum. idk maybe those sparkles are just messing with my head lol

They definitely changed slow fall mechanics like Levitate. The slow fall effect starts immediately, which gives your regular running jump additional hang time. When I have slow fall up on my mage I can jump across wider gaps than I used to be able to because of it.

Does Levitate on 7.3 live have that silly golden glitter dust on your feet?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    They definitely changed slow fall mechanics like Levitate. The slow fall effect starts immediately, which gives your regular running jump additional hang time. When I have slow fall up on my mage I can jump across wider gaps than I used to be able to because of it.
    It feels like you maintain horizontal speed for a bit, and then immediately lose most of it. Making a steep curve instead of the diagonal it was before.

Something like that. Not precise or tested at all, just the way it feels for me.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-09-05 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Does Levitate on 7.3 live have that silly golden glitter dust on your feet?
    Oh yeah. You're constantly farting light. More proof that Blizzard just does not ever think about Shadow unless it's absolutely required.

If im not wrong being able to jump and the glyph with the cloud animation is the only new thing levitate is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritx View Post
    Does the mechanical implementation of levitate feel different to anyone else? I feel like it's slightly off from pre-patch levitate, like I hang in the air for a second and/or lose momentum. idk maybe those sparkles are just messing with my head lol
    After you cancel levitate, you hang in the air for a fraction of a second before beginning your free-fall. Seems like they're trying to make the fall a bit more realistic to real-world physics, but man that shit messes up aiming for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'm not really noticing any of the new animations, for Disc. Everything looks to have the same casting animation (I'm talking about the player model, not the spell effects), or it's such a small difference that I'm not noticing it.
    On the PTR, we could move left/right, and our character would lean into the movement while levitated. That is not implemented on live for levitate. As others have mentioned though, it's there for Voidform, Apotheosis, and Rapture.

For new animations though, as a Discipline Priest, you definitely cast differently when you cast Power Word:Radiance and Mass Resurrection. As holy, Prayer of Healing has the same animation as Radiance. As Shadow, honestly I didn't really notice any major character animation changes besides be being an annoying flashy-floating void thing in voidform now

Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    Jumping while Levitating is the best thing ever though so I'll let the animation slide.
    This. All of this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

The animation is cool but the thing that makes it is the fact that you can jump.