Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftercare View Post
    This is one of the big problems I have with Blizzard's heavy-handed approach to directed gameplay, and something that a shed load of ex-Blizzard developers seem to push for in whatever game they move onto. And frankly, I think this is the approach that accounts for pretty much all of the problem's that Blizzard games have had and continue to have.

I agree with the general thrust of the statement; pure sandboxes are, largely, boring affairs with only niche appeal. If your aim is to make a game that the most people possible will enjoy, pure sandbox is not the way to go about it. However, I think GC and co swing too far in the opposite direction; I don't climb mountains in Breath of the Wild, or Skyrim, or any other game, because I EXPECT to find something new and interesting at the top of the mountain. I do it because I MIGHT find something new and interesting. In the same way I complete World Quests now primarily because I MIGHT get a legendary drop.

The issue with the latter is that, as an explicit game system, I am compelled by the game to complete World Quests every day. If I don't, I minimise my chance of getting a legendary drop. The game is setup in such a way where BiS Legendaries have a large impact on game play. It's part of the monotomy and tedium of the game, or... at least... it quickly become monotonous and tedious. It quickly become a case of the game screaming in my face; "HAVE FUN DOING THIS, OR ELSE YOU'LL SUFFER." With climbing mountains, it is an aside, a self-created experience that acts to break up the tedium of the explicit game systems with something I am doing purely for my own gratification, perfectly aware that the mountain I'm climbing probably doesn't have anything at the top of it.

The way GC talks about it, it's almost as if he's saying "hey, we should make climbing mountains a game system". But then climbing mountains quickly stops being fun, because you're forced into doing it to progress. The psychology involved is quite potent, and it speaks volumes about Blizzard that GC seems blissfully unaware of it. Certainly, there's a middle ground that should be reached, but everything I know about GC as a developer tells me that he's somewhat of a closed-minded ideologue. He isn't offering balance or insight here; he's offering Blizzard's corporate and creative dogma.
    Its called negative possibility space. Basically, when player go off from a path and want to explore it should be rewarded. It doesnt need to be something great. In example, mountaintop could have giant smile face made of rocks.

looks kinda BDSM

That armor set is, well, pretty gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Its called negative possibility space. Basically, when player go off from a path and want to explore it should be rewarded. It doesnt need to be something great. In example, mountaintop could have giant smile face made of rocks.
    I remember exploring the floating rocks in Netherstorm and finding an outhouse with a dead skeleton and if I remember rightly, another time a boat. Oh! And that creepy hut near the Throne of Elements with the tauren baby.

Cool, a Shao Kahn transmo set!

I like the armor set, personally I think it looks better on casters.

Female gamers : The female armor sets show WAY too much skin!! You need to be fair!

Blizzard Artists: "Hold my beer".

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I remember exploring the floating rocks in Netherstorm and finding an outhouse with a dead skeleton and if I remember rightly, another time a boat. Oh! And that creepy hut near the Throne of Elements with the tauren baby.
    Exactly. Negative possibility space should be avoided at all cost. If you create a place when player can stumble just put something there. Anything will do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Eh, it is good. Just dont use entire one. Put some shirt with matching color, use gauntlets, helm, chest, shoulders. Lower parts are shitty tho.

In contrary - cloth set look fucking epic. Better than lock tier

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Hey all I'm saying is worlds aren't the only thing I'd let him defile.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    hilarious carbot movie as always.

I've got the belt awhile back. Nice to see the full plate set.

Who likes short shorts!

stop posting ghostcrawler tweets - nobody gives a shit

Quote Originally Posted by Nuallah View Post
    Female gamers : The female armor sets show WAY too much skin!! You need to be fair!

Blizzard Artists: "Hold my beer".
    This is totally how it should be imo. Options are awesome, give all types of wear for all!

"But I’m a guy who loves Lego, but never builds anything other than the model the boxed sets are designed to make."

Saddest thing I heard in a while..