Thread: Expectation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Negative Nates tend to be negative about anything that's current enough for them to think about on a regular basis. The rose-shimmer of nostalgia and time erases the things they were being Negative Nates over in previous expansions.

I remember the bad and the good just fine, and "more of the same" in WoW is excellent for someone that, you know, actually enjoys WoW. Legion has had some of the best "more of the same" that I've ever experienced in my days of playing this game.

Many also seem to suffer from this delusion of grandure, that they've somehow been gifted with a way to objectively decide what constitutes a high-quality, factually FUN experience in games... And of course, those of us whom disagree with them, are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Another post talking about quality content without any examples (again), linked to a previous post about the RNG situation makes little sense.

Try to stay on point instead of waffling.
    Probably because they deep down inside know that the content they remember so fondly, was considered shit and low quality and lazy design by many a vocal forumgoer. This game has seen 100 million accounts made, yet never kept more than 12 million at one point. Millions have tried and decided that the game was shit and not worth their time, throughout its entire lifetime, no matter the patch.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-13 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    some people really need to turn off pc sometimes.. jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    WoD made only 2 risks. No flying and Garrisons.
    The list of risks in Legion is abysmal and never before seen. It was the first expansion in years with so many new features.

-World Quests
    -Artifact Weapon
    -Class Hall
    -Mythic + Dungeons and Weekly Chest in Class Hall
    -War/Titanforge
    -Legiondaries
    -Scaling Zones
    -PvP Templates
    -PvP Talents
    -Prestige System
    Thats silly. That expansion changes way more than that.
    Quest design, raid reward design, new models, going back in time to see a world as it was befor the legion, as you said - Flying, Garrisons (that had a lot of new features in itself), a new raid difficulty (though that came in the WoD pre-patch I guess) among a lot of other stuff.

Every new expansion brings new stuff but the problem is that in Legion, a lot of it is just not very well thought out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I guess I just expect more from a billion dollar company. WotLK was 5+ years ago, of course they should have gotten better at this.

The Broken Shore and Argus are exactly the same thing. The same WQs, rares, chests etc. It's just boring grind. More of the same. Very little effort put in.

This shit is supposed to last 10+ months because Ion has already confirmed another content drought.

I will be unsubbing after I complete this weeks story quests - which are actually good. I'll resub for Antorus and then once I've completed that you can bet your ass I'm unsubbing again.

Argus has no staying power, none. I've been doing that mindless content for the first 12 months of Legion.
    So you agree that patches these days are a big improvement over old major patches and yet, you think this is boring same old shit, so again, what do you expect exactly?

If you don't even know what you want for a patch to be great, to just be like "oh I'm not a developer" seems a bit of a cop out. You're not paid to come up with ideas but no one is forcing you to play either.

I'm sure Blizzard have said it's OK for players to come and go and is actually expected of a lot of people between patches.

You are on a forum. Here you will find only complaints.

Do you think someone would make a thread about how perfect everything is?

No, only for complaints. So if you want to feel better about the game, stop visiting the forum.

Deleted
    I remember back in the day there wasn't this big thing about releasing a content patch every x weeks. What we got was generally a big deal, I'm thinking of the pre-ICC 5 man dungeons, Magister's Terrace, and stuff like that. Triumvirate is such an awful lazy instance it would have been better if they saved themselves the time and produced something decent in a later patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Patches used to contain NEW features.
    Give me examples.